Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,770 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:40 AM

Why The Redeemed Church Needed A Jet - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why The Redeemed Church Needed A Jet (2004 Views)

Photo: Seun Kuti Mocks The Redeemed Christian Church Of God / Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work / Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Redeemed Church Needed A Jet by biina: 5:22pm On Mar 26, 2009
KunleOshob:

This what jesus as to say about calling a pastor "daddy"

Matthew 23:6-10:
6 And they love to sit at the head table at banquets and in the seats of honor in the synagogues. 7 They love to receive respectful greetings as they walk in the marketplaces, and to be called ‘Rabbi.’
   8 “Don’t let anyone call you ‘Rabbi,’ for you have only one teacher, and all of you are equal as brothers and sisters. 9 And don’t address anyone here on earth as ‘Father,’[daddy] for only God in heaven is your spiritual Father. 10 And don’t let anyone call you ‘Teacher,’ for you have only one teacher, the Messiah.

Redeemed members and other pastor idolators  please note.

The bible verse goes towards pride vs humility, and not necessarily the practice of calling someone 'daddy'.
In most parts of Nigeria, you do not call people who are much older than you by first name. Even in the office, you rarely call your superiors by first name.
Re: Why The Redeemed Church Needed A Jet by No2Atheism(m): 6:24pm On Mar 26, 2009
dayokanu:

NotoAtheism,

Haha whats your problem. This stalking na wa o

, hahaha, no be my fault its a necessity to get those information.

But seriously now that i now she's taken, i no longer making any unusual moves. My current request is simply platonic in nature.
Re: Why The Redeemed Church Needed A Jet by away4real(m): 6:56pm On Mar 26, 2009
KunleOshob:

This what jesus as to say about calling a pastor "daddy"

Matthew 23:6-10:
6 And they love to sit at the head table at banquets and in the seats of honor in the synagogues. 7 They love to receive respectful greetings as they walk in the marketplaces, and to be called ‘Rabbi.’
8 “Don’t let anyone call you ‘Rabbi,’ for you have only one teacher, and all of you are equal as brothers and sisters. 9 And don’t address anyone here on earth as ‘Father,’[daddy] for only God in heaven is your spiritual Father. 10 And don’t let anyone call you ‘Teacher,’ for you have only one teacher, the Messiah.

Redeemed members and other pastor idolators please note.

Perhaps you shoud advise Paul as well.

1 Timothy 1 >>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Savior, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope;
2 To Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Titus 1 >>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness; 2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began; 3 But has in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed to me according to the commandment of God our Savior;
4 To Titus, my own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Savior.

Why, though I might be much bold in Christ to enjoin you that which is convenient, 9 Yet for love's sake I rather beseech you, being such an one as Paul the aged, and now also a prisoner of Jesus Christ.

Philemon 1: 10
10 I beseech you for my son Onesimus, whom I have begotten in my bonds
Re: Why The Redeemed Church Needed A Jet by PastorAIO: 7:57pm On Mar 26, 2009
Jesus' point is that we are all equal in the fellowship of christianity. If in calling some people his son Paul was referring to a kind of superiority over the person then Paul is WRONG. Paul is human too and someone shudda corrected him, much like he corrected Peter when Peter was being two faced towards gentiles. However I think that Paul was making a reference to the fact that he personally brought those people into the faith and that they've lived together in such a relationship that befits a father and son. A lot of people calling GO Daddy have never even stepped into his home.
Re: Why The Redeemed Church Needed A Jet by away4real(m): 8:31pm On Mar 26, 2009
Pastor AIO:

Jesus' point is that we are all equal in the fellowship of christianity. If in calling some people his son Paul was referring to a kind of superiority over the person then Paul is WRON[/b]G. Paul is human too and someone shudda [b]corrected him, much like he corrected Peter when Peter was being two faced towards gentiles. However I think that Paul was making a reference to the fact that he personally brought those people into the faith and that they've lived together in such a relationship that befits a father and son. A lot of people calling GO Daddy have never even stepped into his home.

Glory, lets note that Paul has kept the faith, he has finished his race.

Please tell i dont want to quote you out of context or wrongly the fact that all redeem members havnt stepped into Pastor Adeboye's house negates the son/father IN THE FAITH relationship. What do you mean by living together?

Pastor AIO asking questions a lot helps, have you asked a member of the redeem mission why they call Brother Adeboye Daddy GO and what is the scriptural base for it.

Its sad seeing christains attempting to bring down other christains without understanding or asking question, what spirit is at work?

This is no correction/reproof but perhaps back stabbing. Has any one written the ministry or asked a Pastor of the ministry for explanations on any of the issues, did Paul rebuke Peter behind him, did he go on stabing Peter after the rebuke.
Re: Why The Redeemed Church Needed A Jet by PastorAIO: 9:10pm On Mar 26, 2009
away4real:

Please tell i dont want to quote you out of context or wrongly the fact that all redeem members havnt stepped into Pastor Adeboye's house negates the son/father IN THE FAITH relationship. What do you mean by living together?

Pastor AIO asking questions a lot helps, have you asked a member of the redeem mission why they call Brother Adeboye Daddy GO and what is the scriptural base for it.

I'm just trying to find an excuse as to why Paul would use that term, the fact is I don't know why he used that term in reference to those guys. According to Jesus such an attitude within the brotherhood is wrong.

Why do the Redeemed members use that term? What is the scriptural basis for it?
Re: Why The Redeemed Church Needed A Jet by amebono13: 5:25am On Mar 27, 2009

then why do we call our parents father and mother,or daddy and mummy

im beginning to think some of u,r turning d scripture upside down
Re: Why The Redeemed Church Needed A Jet by abiodunade(m): 2:36pm On Mar 27, 2009
it is a known fact that Christianity does not mean POVERTY. 4 RCCG to acquire a private Aircraft does not mean some poor people n dis forum to rain abusive words on Papa Adeboye.
G.O, does not own dis Aircraft as his personal property, but the Aircraft is meant 4 evangelism. Furthermore, if few pastors are subjected to poverty cos they can nt hear 4rm God, i think my Father-in-Lord, really hear 4rm d Lord, wen d man was sufferin @ dat bush now popularly called Redemption Camp, these people were not there, but now dat he is enjoyin d fruit of his labour, some barbaric pple are shoutin dat he is not a man of God.
Papa Adeboye keepin on enjoyin yourself cos u ve sacrificed a lot and my GOD is rewardin him abundantly, Lets dem say.
Re: Why The Redeemed Church Needed A Jet by dejiariyo: 2:54pm On Mar 27, 2009
@amebo is ur father and mother pastors as well cos if they are then that is fine, back to the main topic adeboye lol am not suprised b this explanation cos i have seen some gays for who quotes bible and giWizzy01 e explanations for being gay so am not suprised.more grease to your elbow, by 2017 i forsee yo buying your own country and the fools will still be there to pay more.

i wish nigerians listen to more fela songs than all this pastors, all what yu need to know is in fela songs, suffer suffer for world and enjoy for heaven.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pentecostals / Apparitions Of The Blessed Virgin Mary, The Mother Of Jesus / Where Did Cain's Wife Come From?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.