Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,658 members, 7,827,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Could Nature Be Messing With My Head? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Could Nature Be Messing With My Head? (732 Views)

Emotions In My Head / Blind By Nature Story By Dindy / The Voice In My Head (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could Nature Be Messing With My Head? by erasokafor(m): 1:08pm On Aug 18, 2015
COULD NATURE BE MESSING WITH MY HEAD: a short story by Erasokafor
It was a cool weekend and I was playing football with my ten years old son David. it was in my compound and we played indoors not in a football pitch. I kicked the ball so hard that it fell into the next compound. I went out to pick the ball. I knocked at the gate but no one answered, so I went in. it was so quiet and lonely environment. The ball was well positioned in the hands of a little boy about my son's age. I was so bewildered. how could my son be in my compound and at the same time in my neighbour's compound. I was just startled that I felt so numb."Junior"!.his mum called and came out from the building."Sorry ma,I was playing football with my son and by mistake I kicked it over to your compound. The son was just staring at me and I couldn't figure out whom I was looking at. I rushed back to my compound and my son was still there impatiently waiting for me to return with the ball. The woman in the next compound had to come out carrying Junior with the ball."Sir what happened,have your ball". And she handed the ball over to me. "Excuse me ma,I called her attention again and told her that she should be as shocked as I was. She then told me she just parked into the compound 2days back with her family. she then inquired to know why she should be shocked. I carried my son and came out. She screamed with fear,"Oh my God! Is that junior my son ?" She exclaimed. I told her I should ask if her son junior is David my son.
Not noticing our amazement ,they both jumped down from our hands and embraced each other like they have met before. We were just watching in awe. Days passed and the duo got closer like twin. I could recall that my wife gave birth to twin but one died at birth and David survived .I am sure he died and was buried. Could this be mere resemblance ? Could he be my son? But from my inquiries Junior is the biological son to his parents and not adopted. But why is Junior and David looking so much alike just like an apple cut into two. Junior became so fond of David that they were always together. The matter got more intense when Junior stopped sleeping at his parents house but with David. He would always cry so loud whenever he was denied access to David. His parents having tried all they could just had to come to a compromise. You won't believe it but junior started staying in my house. He could only visit the parents or they would come over to mine to see him. When it was time to enrol them into school ,I had to take the two to the same school but the only difference was that they had separate surnames. No one knew that they were not twin brothers even their teachers. I only told them that I have my personal reasons for them to be having different surnames. They grew together and grew more in resemblance. Whenever I think about this mystery I shudder. My head was even more messed up with confusion when I took Junior to a hospital for a DNA.I discovered the result proved me wrong that he is not my son. Then why this so much look alike? Nature could be funny, I concluded. But this coincidence is too close to be untrue. both of them grew into men still looking like twin. Junior would always call me Dad as I called him son. His real parents to him were just like his family friends but not as his real parents. Their only happiness is that Junior is seen happy. When it was time to marry, both of them married at the same day. Being that they were already rich guys they built twin bungalow and moved in with their wives. They have grown so close and fond of each other that nothing could separate them. They lived happily ever after. The question now is ,"who is Junior to me and to David?.was the DNA altered by the Doctor? Could he be my son who was buried many years back as still birth. or simply put "could nature be messing with my head?"

Re: Could Nature Be Messing With My Head? by kilode100(f): 1:13pm On Aug 18, 2015
grin grin grin
Re: Could Nature Be Messing With My Head? by WCUB3(m): 7:45pm On Aug 18, 2015
erasokafor:
"could nature be messing with my head?"

could Erasokafor be messing with my head? smiley

Nice one
Re: Could Nature Be Messing With My Head? by erasokafor(m): 12:24pm On Aug 19, 2015
WCUB3:

could Erasokafor be messing with my head? smiley

Nice one

Lol. Mayb or mayb not

(1) (Reply)

Episode 12: Eke(python).......the End... / Beer Sister / Rails Of Love {episode 1}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.