Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

Dads and mums In The House,what Will Be Ur Reaction To This - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dads and mums In The House,what Will Be Ur Reaction To This (2040 Views)

Nigerian Mum’s Reaction To Son’s Dreadlocks (Photos) / Dads That Don’t Want To See You Dating Their Daughters / A Mother's Reaction To Her Daughter's Post About Rape On Snapchat (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dads and mums In The House,what Will Be Ur Reaction To This by MhizVee(f): 6:32pm On Aug 18, 2015
What will be your reaction if your 18 year old daughter walks up to you and tells you she has a boyfriend?
Re: Dads and mums In The House,what Will Be Ur Reaction To This by dulux07(m): 6:34pm On Aug 18, 2015
Most naija dad wil scold her, n tell her to face her studies, wch is very wrong

1 Like

Re: Dads and mums In The House,what Will Be Ur Reaction To This by MhizVee(f): 6:36pm On Aug 18, 2015
Wrong?u think it is wrong to scold her?
dulux07:
Most naija dad wil scold her, n tell her to face her studies, wch is very wrong
Re: Dads and mums In The House,what Will Be Ur Reaction To This by Abugab(m): 6:42pm On Aug 18, 2015
At 18 she is a young adult and issues of relationship shouldn't occupy the front burner in her life yet?
Coming to say it is good particularly when there is friendship between the two but the manner and circumstances could determine the response she will get.
Its a two way thing of getting scolded on one hand or advice offered on how best to go about it. I will do the latter as her hiding it doesn't mean she is not in it.
Re: Dads and mums In The House,what Will Be Ur Reaction To This by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 18, 2015
MhizVee:
What will be your reaction if your 18 year old daughter walks up to you and tells you she has a boyfriend?
.well am not a dad yet.,but i will sit her down and talk, i will also like to meet the boy in question..

1 Like

Re: Dads and mums In The House,what Will Be Ur Reaction To This by MhizVee(f): 6:44pm On Aug 18, 2015
Hmm okk
Randyhot:
.well am not a dad yet.,but i will sit her down and talk, i will also like to meet the boy in question..
Re: Dads and mums In The House,what Will Be Ur Reaction To This by dulux07(m): 6:47pm On Aug 18, 2015
MhizVee:
Wrong,u think it is wrong to scold her?
if u scold her, ur indirectly telin her to kip it a secret nxt time, n wen she nids rlationship advice nxt time, she wud rather tell her friends instead.

In such case, d dad is meant to talk to her as a friend, advice, guide n counsel her, instead of scolding. Many of us wer scolded when we wer young, but did that stop us rm havin gf n bf at tender ages, NO.it didnt, it only made us do it secret, in which d end result for some was disastrous..

1 Like

Re: Dads and mums In The House,what Will Be Ur Reaction To This by MhizVee(f): 6:50pm On Aug 18, 2015
dulux07:

if u scold her, ur indirectly telin her to kip it a secret nxt time, n wen she nids rlationship advice nxt time, she wud rather tell her friends instead.

In such case, d dad is meant to talk to her as a friend, advice, guide n counsel her, instead of scolding. Many of us wer scolded when we wer young, but did that stop us rm havin gf n bf at tender ages, NO.it didnt, it only made us do it secret, in which d end result for some was disastrous..
hm, u really do have a point here,so instead of scoldn her,just sit her down and talk to her.
Re: Dads and mums In The House,what Will Be Ur Reaction To This by goodmorning40: 6:54pm On Aug 18, 2015
Hey my 16inches cane and frog the devil out of her backside

1 Like

Re: Dads and mums In The House,what Will Be Ur Reaction To This by MhizVee(f): 6:54pm On Aug 18, 2015
Are there no mummies here
Re: Dads and mums In The House,what Will Be Ur Reaction To This by dulux07(m): 6:56pm On Aug 18, 2015
MhizVee:
hm, u really do have a point here,so instead of scoldn her,just sit her down and talk to her.
Yh..lik someone said u can even meet d so called bf, in order to monitor d rlatnship. D devil u know is better than d devil u dont know. Imagine how it wud fil if ur daughter chooses u as her relationship counsellor rather than her friends.. she will hardly go astray.
Re: Dads and mums In The House,what Will Be Ur Reaction To This by MhizVee(f): 6:56pm On Aug 18, 2015
goodmorning40:
Hey my 16inches cane and frog the devil out of her backside
and u think she is gonna come back and tell u her secret some oda tym,nigerian parent and their mentality.
Re: Dads and mums In The House,what Will Be Ur Reaction To This by MhizVee(f): 6:59pm On Aug 18, 2015
Wait o,are u gonna be in support of that kind of relationship?
dulux07:

Yh..lik someone said u can even meet d so called bf, in order to monitor d rlatnship. D devil u know is better than d devil u dont know. Imagine how it wud fil if ur daughter chooses u as her relationship counsellor rather than her friends.. she will hardly go astray.
Re: Dads and mums In The House,what Will Be Ur Reaction To This by goodmorning40: 6:59pm On Aug 18, 2015
MhizVee:
and u think she is gonna come back and tell u her secret some oda tym,nigerian parent and their mentality.
Okay be doing oyibo mentality there, tomorrow she will come and tell you she's pregnant

2 Likes

Re: Dads and mums In The House,what Will Be Ur Reaction To This by MhizVee(f): 7:01pm On Aug 18, 2015
Scold her and she will continue with the relationship secretly without ur knowledge
goodmorning40:

Okay be doing oyibo mentality there, tomorrow she will come and tell you she's pregnant
Re: Dads and mums In The House,what Will Be Ur Reaction To This by goodmorning40: 7:03pm On Aug 18, 2015
MhizVee:
Scold her and she will continue with the relationship secretly without ur knowledge
And give her talk she will boldly go into the relationship

1 Like

Re: Dads and mums In The House,what Will Be Ur Reaction To This by MhizVee(f): 7:06pm On Aug 18, 2015
No,i think u should sit her down and allow her see things from ur perspective,if u dont want her to be in a relationship at such a tender age u ve got to tell her with love
goodmorning40:

And give her talk she will boldly go into the relationship

1 Like

Re: Dads and mums In The House,what Will Be Ur Reaction To This by dulux07(m): 7:16pm On Aug 18, 2015
MhizVee:
Wait o,are u gonna be in support of that kind of relationship?
No, but at lis jst to monitor both of them, u cant forbid her rm seein d boy.
Re: Dads and mums In The House,what Will Be Ur Reaction To This by MhizVee(f): 7:20pm On Aug 18, 2015
U do think u can monitor them?
dulux07:
No, but at lis jst to monitor both of them, u cant forbid her rm seein d boy.
Re: Dads and mums In The House,what Will Be Ur Reaction To This by mutter(f): 7:24pm On Aug 18, 2015
When a child does that it is a great show of thrust and confidence in you ad a parent.
We should never forget that..
I would thank her for comming to me and trusting me. Then I would carefully advice her based on all the circumstances and the boy in question.
Then I will get on my knees and start praying real hard.
I have tried to raise my girls to know they are worthy of love and to be patient for the right time and the right man.
But however it goes. I will always be there for them.

1 Like

Re: Dads and mums In The House,what Will Be Ur Reaction To This by KanwuliaJara: 9:10pm On Aug 18, 2015
At 18, I expect her to have a boyfriend.
I will only ask to bring him home when she feels comfortable.

Yup! She can PHOCK in my house too! cool

By 18?
I should be done talking. I am only there to listen.
Time for her to practice all I have taught her BY EXAMPLE! kiss
Re: Dads and mums In The House,what Will Be Ur Reaction To This by goodmorning40: 9:23pm On Aug 18, 2015
MhizVee:
No,i think u should sit her down and allow her see things from ur perspective,if u dont want her to be in a relationship at such a tender age u ve got to tell her with love
You mix talk with action, this is Africa. Ur child needs to have some fear. Leave oyibo and their culture alone

1 Like

Re: Dads and mums In The House,what Will Be Ur Reaction To This by MhizVee(f): 10:53am On Aug 19, 2015
Thnks ma'am
mutter:
When a child does that it is a great show of thrust and confidence in you ad a parent.
We should never forget that..
I would thank her for comming to me and trusting me. Then I would carefully advice her based on all the circumstances and the boy in question.
Then I will get on my knees and start praying real hard.
I have tried to raise my girls to know they are worthy of love and to be patient for the right time and the right man.
But however it goes. I will always be there for them.

(1) (Reply)

8 Photos Of Your Kids You Shouldn’t Post On Social Media And Why!!! / BECOMING A DAD FOR THE FIRST TIME? - First Time Daddies: Come In Here!! / Our Husbands Now Enjoy Sex Without Asking Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.