Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,425 members, 7,826,656 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Baby's Right Leg Broken At A Creche In Lagos(photos) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Baby's Right Leg Broken At A Creche In Lagos(photos) (3953 Views)

Pregnant Lady And Her Lover Burnt To Death In Lagos (photos) / Nursing Mother With Her Baby Spotted At A Betting Shop In Lagos. Photos / Vibrator Given To A Housewife As Wedding Souvenir In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baby's Right Leg Broken At A Creche In Lagos(photos) by henryuzor(m): 10:19pm On Aug 18, 2015
A mum says her son's right leg was allegedly broken in his school - Wesley Creche in Obalende, Ikoyi and that she's been going from one hospital to the other to fix the broken leg and she isn't getting any help or even remorse from the school.
If it was your kid,what will you do
Get well soon little angel

1 Like

Re: Baby's Right Leg Broken At A Creche In Lagos(photos) by kikilove(f): 10:20pm On Aug 18, 2015
This is bad,just imagine the pains this cute baby is going through
Re: Baby's Right Leg Broken At A Creche In Lagos(photos) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:21pm On Aug 18, 2015
O Mehn! C sweet baby, why dem no c Op leg break leave dis baby leg nah?? undecided undecided
Re: Baby's Right Leg Broken At A Creche In Lagos(photos) by SUGARBEE(f): 10:22pm On Aug 18, 2015
cry OMG feel like crying for the baby now... See how cute and handsome he is. . Get well soon little one
Re: Baby's Right Leg Broken At A Creche In Lagos(photos) by Cutehector(m): 10:23pm On Aug 18, 2015
Say wetin happen? Whch kyn yeye play go make my baby break leg.. D teacher in charge must answer for it

1 Like

Re: Baby's Right Leg Broken At A Creche In Lagos(photos) by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 18, 2015
The teacher must be crazy,I will sue the teacher for negligence ni. Get well cute baby
Re: Baby's Right Leg Broken At A Creche In Lagos(photos) by Pidggin(f): 10:29pm On Aug 18, 2015
I will make considerable efforts to get answers from them. If they continue ignoring me, I may have to take the matter to the police to help in conducting proper investigation. The management of the creche should even pay for the baby's medical bills, if negligence is found to be the cause of the child's accident.

1 Like

Re: Baby's Right Leg Broken At A Creche In Lagos(photos) by donholy28(m): 10:30pm On Aug 18, 2015
Cutehector:
Say wetin happen? Whch kyn yeye play go make my baby break leg.. D teacher in charge must answer for it
I don even see one way baby head break open...no be entirely d teacher fault...na accident
Re: Baby's Right Leg Broken At A Creche In Lagos(photos) by mutter(f): 10:38pm On Aug 18, 2015
It actually is sad. But even more sad is that a child this age is away from the mother who has to work.
Not blaming the parents but the system . Bad enough parents have to make this sacrifice and then something like this happens. This is more than negligence. It is criminal.
Re: Baby's Right Leg Broken At A Creche In Lagos(photos) by Mariecakes(f): 10:41pm On Aug 18, 2015
OMG!! Get well soon dear...This is why I hate the idea of daycare n Creche, most of them don't care bout the kids, a child choked to death some months ago n as usual, they showed no remorse....This is bad

1 Like

Re: Baby's Right Leg Broken At A Creche In Lagos(photos) by Onegai(f): 12:19am On Aug 19, 2015
Mariecakes:
OMG!! Get well soon dear...This is why I hate the idea of daycare n Creche, most of them don't care bout the kids, a child choked to death some months ago n as usual, they showed no remorse....This is bad

Rather than wishing well, why not release the name of the creche where they neglected a child and it died, let us know not to take our children there.

This mother should get a lawyer and the good thing about releasing the name of the creche is that they are forced to give answers or lose parent a and future clients. People actually sue and win in Nigeria, it's time we knew our rights.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Baby's Right Leg Broken At A Creche In Lagos(photos) by Mariecakes(f): 12:44am On Aug 19, 2015
Onegai:

Rather than wishing well,why not release the name of the creche where they neglected a child and it died, let us know not to take our children there.

This mother should get a lawyer and the good thing about releasing the name of the creche is that they are forced to give answers or lose parent a and future clients. People actually sue and win in Nigeria, it's time we knew our rights.
Debiruss creche @ ajah. The story was everywhere, the boy choked n they tried to cover up..One funny comment about the school on Linda ikeji's blog "this is my first time commenting but felt the need to as this is heartbreaking and my heart goes out to this grieving mum.i had a driver with a drink problem who i let go for that reason but was shocked to my bones when i saw him driving a debirus school bus.i wondered how they vet drivers before allowing them drive peoples kids hence i rang the school to alert them of the driver/situation but still saw him driving weeks later.it shows this school has little or no value for kids they are meant to be custodians of....they really need to be investigated " n there are soo many cases/creche we haven't heard... jes Google n see.."baby dies of overdosed sleeping pills"" can yu imagine

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Baby's Right Leg Broken At A Creche In Lagos(photos) by nasha1(f): 2:11am On Aug 19, 2015
that's why i am working hard now so that whenever i get married,i will stay home to care for my babies.Sacrifice it for my children.
Something like this happened to my aunt baby,she quitted her job to be self-employed.Best idea if you ask me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Baby's Right Leg Broken At A Creche In Lagos(photos) by southernbelle(f): 6:51am On Aug 19, 2015
Imagine things like this happening in a creche, a lot is really out of balance in this country..smh

2 Likes

Re: Baby's Right Leg Broken At A Creche In Lagos(photos) by Bahaushiya: 7:34am On Aug 19, 2015
Please staying at home with your child doesn't rule out injuries except you plan to strap them to your back all day.
@op I don't even like that crèche. It's overcrowded, few hands and just by the road.

2 Likes

Re: Baby's Right Leg Broken At A Creche In Lagos(photos) by princealexndre(m): 7:40am On Aug 19, 2015
southernbelle:
Imagine things like this happening in a creche, a lot is really out of balance in this country..smh
lol..i jus tire
Re: Baby's Right Leg Broken At A Creche In Lagos(photos) by princealexndre(m): 7:42am On Aug 19, 2015
nasha1:
that's why i am working hard now so that whenever i get married,i will stay home to care for my babies.Sacrifice it for my children.
Something like this happened to my aunt baby,she quitted her job to be self-employed.Best idea if you ask me.
hmmm stay home kee...will u not send him to school...

4 Likes

Re: Baby's Right Leg Broken At A Creche In Lagos(photos) by pickabeau1: 8:40am On Aug 19, 2015
Mariecakes:
Debiruss creche @ ajah. The story was everywhere, the boy choked n they tried to cover up..One funny comment about the school on Linda ikeji's blog "this is my first time commenting but felt the need to as this is heartbreaking and my heart goes out to this grieving mum.i had a driver with a drink problem who i let go for that reason but was shocked to my bones when i saw him driving a debirus school bus.i wondered how they vet drivers before allowing them drive peoples kids hence i rang the school to alert them of the driver/situation but still saw him driving weeks later.it shows this school has little or no value for kids they are meant to be custodians of....they really need to be investigated " n there are soo many cases/creche we haven't heard... jes Google n see.."baby dies of overdosed sleeping pills"" can yu imagine

Now you have done well
Re: Baby's Right Leg Broken At A Creche In Lagos(photos) by OAMMB(f): 8:44am On Aug 19, 2015
i dont even know what i would do if i'm the mum to the staffs of the creche....
poor baby...it would have taken a day of two of the baby in pain before the parent discover that the baby had a broken limb.
its always best if one could afford it...for you to have your baby in creches that have CCTVs because now...its a case of mr nobody and the denying game starts
Re: Baby's Right Leg Broken At A Creche In Lagos(photos) by Onegai(f): 4:38pm On Aug 19, 2015
Is there no agency that monitors these creches? Almost every home now has a a creche (trust Nigerians to enter any business with profit without doing due diligence! ). They should have routine inspections and surprise ones and a monthly meeting with parents.

Debiruss creche has a good rating on vconnect, even though a child died there (and HOW ON EARTH DID A PARENT OF A DEAD CHILD ALLOW HERSELF BY A PASTOR TO LET IT GO AND LEAVE IT TO GOD BECAUSE THE CRECHE WENT TO BEG HER PASTOR?!!! ) why are they not closed until proper investigations are finished?

This Wesley creche should be closed until they can resolve how a baby found his leg broken (it may be either a fall or something fell on him or he got stepped on).

What is the Education and Children's welfare board doing?

And seriously it should be mandatory 3 months leave for Fathers and 4 months leave for Mothers or a subsidy for staying home with your child from government and father.

4 Likes

Re: Baby's Right Leg Broken At A Creche In Lagos(photos) by Tahaf: 6:50pm On Aug 19, 2015
TheFIRM CHAMBERS
Legal Practitioners & Notaries Public
46, Queen Street, Alagomeji-Yaba, Lagos
Tel: +234 (0)817 962 1970
E-mail: info@thefirmchambers.com

August 19, 2015

Ms. Linda Ikeji

Dear Madam,
RE: BABY’S RIGHT LEG BROKEN AT A CRECHE IN LAGOS

We are solicitors to Wesley Crèche (“our client’) on whose instruction we write.

Our attention has been drawn to a defamatory publication on your blog posted at 8.30 pm on Tuesday, August 18, 2015. The blog quoted you explicitly as stating as follows: “A mum says her son’s (sic) right leg was allegedly broken in his school- Wesley Crèche in Obalende, Ikoyi and that she’s been going from one hospital to the other to fix the broken leg and she isn’t getting any help or even remorse from the school.” Our client can only rightly assume that it is the institution referred to since it’s the only one known as such and of that given address. The publication is misleading, false and defamatory. Do we no longer live in a nation where fairness on sensitive issues is to be expected?

This very allegation of injury is being investigated by the Nigeria Police Force at the instance of the said baby’s mum. The said mother had on the day in question picked the baby from the Crèche without the alleged injury or any other injury at all and personally changed the baby’s diaper in the presence of the care givers. Our client’s Management was shocked at the mother’s claim of a broken leg two hours after the she picked the baby from the Crèche. The said injury occurred outside the time and hours the baby was in the care and custody of our client. The mother admitted this to the team of officers assigned to this case, in the presence of the undersigned.

Our client, however, despite not being liable for the injury, has so far, as an act of grace and human kindness, borne responsibility for the treatment and has offered to bear responsibility for the receipted expenses made pursuant to the treatment and medication of the baby. Our client, contrary to your publication, had expressed heartfelt sympathy for the baby. Proof of our financial support is verifiable from the Nigeria Police Station where this case is pending.

The mother had, before your current publication, tried to use the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to intimidate our client into conceding liability. You had the opportunity to verify the authenticity of such a grave allegation but failed to use it. We find this publication to be unfair and irresponsible journalism.

PLEASE, BE MINDFUL to retract this offensive publication and tender an unreserved public apology forthwith and send a written apology to our office within the next 2 (two) days as it is the honourable and appropriate thing to do in the circumstances.

Yours sincerely,
TheFIRM CHAMBERS

Tahav Iorse-Sheriffs, Esq.

Cc: Henry Uzor
Re: Baby's Right Leg Broken At A Creche In Lagos(photos) by robosky02(m): 7:56pm On Aug 19, 2015
cc: lalaticlala
Re: Baby's Right Leg Broken At A Creche In Lagos(photos) by cococandy(f): 8:11pm On Aug 19, 2015
Staying at home isn't the solution as same thing could happen to the kids at school.
We've seen teacher whipping pupils inhumanly and all sorts of things like that.

Just like many other things, it is broken and only a system overhaul can curb some of these things.
Re: Baby's Right Leg Broken At A Creche In Lagos(photos) by damiso(f): 8:16pm On Aug 19, 2015
Now who we do believe

If only the poor baby could talk and tell us what actually happened.

This parenting sef may God help us embarassed so much to spark paranoia but wetin person go do.
Re: Baby's Right Leg Broken At A Creche In Lagos(photos) by MrAnonTAC: 8:42pm On Aug 19, 2015
hmm.

GO CHECK : TRUE ANONYMOUS CONFESSION BLOG
Re: Baby's Right Leg Broken At A Creche In Lagos(photos) by pretydiva(f): 11:55am On Aug 20, 2015
D mother should sue d crèche asap
Re: Baby's Right Leg Broken At A Creche In Lagos(photos) by thorpido(m): 12:20pm On Aug 20, 2015
nasha1:
It's not necessarily the best solution.Accidents do happen at home too.People come with babies who suffered burns or broken limbs at home to the hospital.
Re: Baby's Right Leg Broken At A Creche In Lagos(photos) by Tahaf: 12:44pm On Aug 20, 2015
TheFIRM CHAMBERS
Legal Practitioners & Notaries Public
46, Queen Street, Alagomeji-Yaba, Lagos
Tel: +234 (0)817 962 1970
E-mail: info@thefirmchambers.com

August 19, 2015

Ms. Linda Ikeji
LINDA IKEJI BLOG

Dear Madam,
RE: BABY’S RIGHT LEG BROKEN AT A CRECHE IN LAGOS

We are solicitors to Wesley Crèche (“our client’) on whose instruction we write.

Our attention has been drawn to a defamatory publication on your blog posted at 8.30 pm on Tuesday, August 18, 2015. The blog quoted you explicitly as stating as follows: “A mum says her son’s (sic) right leg was allegedly broken in his school- Wesley Crèche in Obalende, Ikoyi and that she’s been going from one hospital to the other to fix the broken leg and she isn’t getting any help or even remorse from the school.” Our client can only rightly assume that it is the institution referred to since it’s the only one known as such and of that given address. The publication is misleading, false and defamatory. Do we no longer live in a nation where fairness on sensitive issues is to be expected?

This very allegation of injury is being investigated by the Nigeria Police Force at the instance of the said baby’s mum. The said mother had on the day in question picked the baby from the Crèche without the alleged injury or any other injury at all and personally changed the baby’s diaper in the presence of the care givers. Our client’s Management was shocked at the mother’s claim of a broken leg two hours after she picked the baby from the Crèche. The said injury occurred outside the time and hours the baby was in the care and custody of our client. The mother admitted this to the team of officers assigned to this case, in the presence of the undersigned.

Our client, however, despite not being liable for the injury, has so far, as an act of grace and human kindness, borne responsibility for the treatment and has offered to bear responsibility for the receipted expenses made pursuant to the treatment and medication of the baby. Our client, contrary to your publication, had expressed heartfelt sympathy for the baby. Proof of our financial support is verifiable from the Nigeria Police Station where this case is pending.

The mother had, before your current publication, tried to use the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to intimidate our client into conceding liability. You had the opportunity to verify the authenticity of such a grave allegation but failed to use it. We find this publication to be unfair and irresponsible journalism.

PLEASE, BE MINDFUL to retract this offensive publication and tender an unreserved public apology forthwith and send a written apology to our office within the next 2 (two) days as it is the honourable and appropriate thing to do in the circumstances.

Yours sincerely,
TheFIRM CHAMBERS

Tahav Iorse-Sheriffs, Esq.

Cc: Henry Uzor

Re: Baby's Right Leg Broken At A Creche In Lagos(photos) by anonimi: 5:17pm On Aug 20, 2015
Onegai:
What is the Education and Children's welfare board doing?

Sharing money via phony contracts to plan for the next owambe party.
Abi na wetin dem dey do for the offices of our 36 state governments and 774 LGAs that should EMPLOY & pay people for these monitoring tasks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Baby's Right Leg Broken At A Creche In Lagos(photos) by babygirlfl: 6:01pm On Aug 20, 2015
Onegai:

Rather than wishing well, why not release the name of the creche where they neglected a child and it died, let us know not to take our children there.

Thank you for this. We will see difference in the way people do things when Nigerians start combining faith with work.

(1) (Reply)

Billionaire Otedola's Baby Mama Opens Can Of Worms / Her Husband Was Never An Angel, What Went Wrong? Please Advice Her, *crying* / Pls Help! We Want To Stop Breast Feeding Our Baby.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.