Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,946 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

How To Prevent Your Wordpress Blog From Crashing - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Prevent Your Wordpress Blog From Crashing (918 Views)

How To Migrate Your Blog From Blogger To WP Without Loosing Traffic / Ransomware Attacks 2017: What Is Ransomware And How To Prevent, Stop Ransomware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Prevent Your Wordpress Blog From Crashing by playnaija(m): 9:22am On Aug 19, 2015
Thank you for reading my blog, I am very honored that you are a part of my life, today I want to share my knowledge on how you can protect your WordPress blog from crashing. If you are using a paid hosting for your WordPress blog, you would find this information useful.

Actually, WordPress blog are not meant to go down, it is a lack of understanding that makes such happen. Let start by looking at this things.
WordPress Comment
Dear reader, you cannot use WordPress default comment if your blog is to survive, spammer use this a lot to destroy legitimate bloggers and spam their link. To know more about this, I have written an article on this ( How to Prevent Spam for Wordpress Comment Blog Using Disqus ). It would help you a lot, it also important to note that it is not only Disqus you can use, there are others like commentluv that can prevent such from happening.

WordPress Membership Plugin
I am a webmaster, I really do not advice anyone to install any plugin on their WordPress application that would allow users to register online, this is because, spammer uses this medium to register fake accounts that would consume your server resources and space making your blog not to be accessible. If at all you intend to use this, make sure it is one done by a custom plugin developer.
WordPress Password
This another area you must check to make sure your blog is secure, do not use password that are easy to guess by hackers. A strong password must include alphabets, numbers and special characters like "-_+".
Installed Plugins
This one area that affect Nigerians, they are too lazy to do routine check on their blog that involves checking if their blog is up to date, all installed plugins are up to date. If you are using an outdated plugin, you are at risk of losing you blog to hackers.
Using Cache
I remember my first time having a traffic blog, WordPress was always consuming resources making my blog to go on and off, I decided to to find a solution to this and I discovered I had to install an addition plugin to handle that problem, either to use Cloud flare Services, CDN or a plugin, so I installed then WP Super Cache, Cache plugin would make your blog smarter and faster.

I hope this list help.
http://www.clarkegilbert.com/2015/08/how-to-prevent-your-wordpress-blog-from.html
Re: How To Prevent Your Wordpress Blog From Crashing by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 19, 2015

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Transfer My Web Content To Another Hosting Site / A Freelance Writer Is Needed / U.k And U.S Google Adsense For Grab At Affordable Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.