Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Toilet Snorkel: Would You Use This? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Toilet Snorkel: Would You Use This? (1240 Views)

Tired Of Crazy Billing?? Use This Bill Calculator To Estimate Your Light Usuage / Wow!!! Use This Season & Become The Owner Of Property All Are Forsale / Use This Opportunity To Becomes Owner Of Property All Are For Sales (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toilet Snorkel: Would You Use This? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 19, 2015
http://toilet-guru.com/snorkel.php

The toilet snorkel hose has a soft elastomeric (rubber or plastic) snorkel-type mouthpiece "having a teeth-engaging bite ring [18] formed integrally therewith", thus enabling the user to "bite-down onto the mouthpiece to hold it in sealed communication with one of his respiratory intake passages (mouth)." Well, yes, that will be your mouth, unless you are one of those rare individuals with teeth in your nostrils.

As he says: "It is well known that upon flushing of the toilet, a water trap will form in the toilet bowl to block sewer gases from entering the bathroom proper. Conversely, the water trap functions to prevent toxic smoke in the bathroom from passing thereby."

So, the device provides the lesser of two evils: you can breathe sewer gases instead of toxic fumes.

Re: Toilet Snorkel: Would You Use This? by ozy4christ(f): 4:47pm On Aug 19, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Toilet Snorkel: Would You Use This? by chudidonas(m): 4:48pm On Aug 19, 2015
Observing...
Re: Toilet Snorkel: Would You Use This? by debbyx(m): 6:08pm On Aug 21, 2015
Quite Funny, bt could save life
Its just device that, in the case of a fire, would allow the user to access (fresh?) air from the sewer...lol

Nice One tho bt breathing sewer gas might cause respiratory problems....
http://www.ask.com/question/sewer-gas-dangers
Re: Toilet Snorkel: Would You Use This? by mufutau55(m): 6:10pm On Aug 21, 2015
debbyx:
Quite Funny, bt could save life
Its just device that, in the case of a fire, would allow the user to access (fresh?) air from the sewer...lol
Nice One tho bt breathing sewer gas might cause respiratory problems....
http://www.ask.com/question/sewer-gas-dangers

You know Oyinbo will try anything... they are forgetting the after-effect. Not me.

@EgunMogaji
Oga mi. Thank you for making us more sicker than we already are.
Next thing you will tell me to stick my nose into Salanga. wink

Hajji M.
Re: Toilet Snorkel: Would You Use This? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 21, 2015
mufutau55:

You know Oyinbo will try anything... they are forgetting the after-effect. Not me.

@EgunMogaji
Oga mi. Thank you for making us more sicker than we already are.
Next thing you will tell me to stick my nose into Salanga. wink

Hajji M.

Salanga na different matter my oga, I don't think salanga has vents, so one would be breathing in percolated...how shall I say this....okay I 'll use "atmosphere" grin

The key thing to this working well is the venting process in modern plumbing.

(1) (Reply)

3 Bed Room Flat To Rent @ Ago Palace Way / WATER PINE TERRACE: 4 Bedroom Terrace Inside Lekki 1 / FOR SALE: A Block Of 4 Nos 3 Bedroom Flats (fulled Tenanted) At Ikorodu .N35M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.