Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Starcomms Irresponsible Activation/subscription Renewal Delay -compensation? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Starcomms Irresponsible Activation/subscription Renewal Delay -compensation? (4156 Views)

Compensation From MTN Nigeria After My Earlier Complaints / New MTN 50 MB And 150 MB Activation Codes / Glo Bis Subscription Renewal On Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starcomms Irresponsible Activation/subscription Renewal Delay -compensation? by lynxnoon(m): 10:31pm On Mar 29, 2009
etauso:

Starcomms Rocks!
my guy its because u r in calabar oh!! ome to lagos n u'll feel our pain undecided angry
Re: Starcomms Irresponsible Activation/subscription Renewal Delay -compensation? by soloqy: 12:47am On Mar 30, 2009
There was a time starcomms was awesome. Pay for reactivation and before i got home in like an hour, I would be reactivated.

I got Visafone early last year(the month they started) .But five months down the line, visafone became terribly unreliable. It was so slow that it could compare to the multilinks dial-up(which i also used).

Repeated calls to visafone customer care got the "we are upgrading" response. But the upgrading went on for over a month and my work was suffering.

So I moved to starcomms and got the USB. It was amazingly fast and there were so many other advantages over visafone. The activation was instant and even comparatively cheaper in susbcription fees.

But for the past 3-4 months, starcomms has changed for the worse. Reactivation takes at least 24 hrs. Constant break in connections and all other irritating issues.

The Irony of the matter is that Visafone has improved tremendously and like we had people dumping visafone to pick starcomms mid last year, its now the other way round.

Like someone said, Starcomms has bitten off more than they can chew.

I have now downgraded to business time ie 9am- 9pm and I have dusted up my Visafone modem and signed up for the 9pm-9am.

No point in paying for 24 hrs on one network that can mess me up at anytime.

At least , if Starcomms doesnt perform in the "business time", i can try visafone at "Night surfer".

All to get some work done.
Re: Starcomms Irresponsible Activation/subscription Renewal Delay -compensation? by flyuche(m): 1:11pm On Mar 30, 2009
@soloqy. i like your style.
Re: Starcomms Irresponsible Activation/subscription Renewal Delay -compensation? by packa(m): 8:32pm On Mar 30, 2009
@ all I have read all what u have said. I'm going to give this simple advice to those who still want to use starcomms cos to me i simply believe those guys are trying. No doubt their service in the area of customer service is nothing to write home about, at times we should consider that we are the cost of our own problem in terms of activation and renewal.

Let me explain a client will want to activate his modem, he or she goes to the bank 2 make payment and then what happens next? he/she goes home hoping paying into the bank is all he/she gat's to do to be activated, maybe after 2days he/she doesn't get activated they start bombarding customer services not having in mind this fellas are human. U guys don't even have any idea what these guys go through everyday. I'm not supporting them in anyway cos I have experienced things worst than u guys from them.

I discovered that this company run on e- transact platform not automated and all these transactions takes process b4 1 can know these payment was meant for this purpose. Some people even go as far as lodging wrong payments for wrong plans how do u want theses fellas to sort that immediately and get u activated.

For those who don't know. If u want to get your lines activated within 24rs, once u have made the payment in the bank, u should call the customer service immediately stating the bank u paid, teller number and the plans u paid for I bet u less than 24hrs u will be activated. If don't want to use the banking system u can go to there centers and make your payment there giving the right details there is no way u won't b activated less than 24hrs. Unless they have work load of previous days or bad network that will be the only reason why ur activation will be delayed.

Try this and u will be convinced that these guys are not as bad people rates them.

For those who want to check status of there hourly plan simply call this number stating ur modem number only(07028000121) u will be answered instantly.

Regards,

NB:Criticism is allowed make una hit me small small abeg 1 luvgrin grin grin grin
Re: Starcomms Irresponsible Activation/subscription Renewal Delay -compensation? by mrofficial(m): 8:50pm On Mar 30, 2009
@packa

guy, go to their office and pay.
they collect the yellow slip from you as if they'll activate it before you get home.

how come reltel activates before you get home?
so it takes 24 hour before the computer responds
but when it comes to disconnection, it will not take extra 24 hours.

nonsense.
Re: Starcomms Irresponsible Activation/subscription Renewal Delay -compensation? by chi101: 11:36am On Mar 31, 2009
free dom grin
Re: Starcomms Irresponsible Activation/subscription Renewal Delay -compensation? by uzwu: 4:25pm On Mar 31, 2009
starcomms sucks grin
Re: Starcomms Irresponsible Activation/subscription Renewal Delay -compensation? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:43pm On Mar 31, 2009
well at least u got activated. i dumped their equipment plus 3months arrears of unactivated 24hr payments that never got activated

I hope they burn in HELL and their MAST topples over, hopefully after i have driven way past it
Re: Starcomms Irresponsible Activation/subscription Renewal Delay -compensation? by flyuche(m): 11:01pm On Mar 31, 2009
lagerwhenindoubt:

well at least u got activated. i dumped their equipment plus 3months arrears of unactivated 24hr payments that never got activated

I hope they burn in HELL and their MAST topples over, hopefully after i have driven way past it

embarassed
Re: Starcomms Irresponsible Activation/subscription Renewal Delay -compensation? by Mowire: 12:20pm On Apr 01, 2009
So much for reactivation. I've been using for like 4yrs (cdma to evdo), the don't get any better. The occasional good performances are just periods of luck: they don't last.

The evdo I currently use took almost 2 months with a lot of shouting on the phone and their Ikeja office to activate. Service wise forget it. Even inside their Ikeja office most times you only have 1x signal on your evdo card. The EVDO signal is just always not there. So most times in Areas like Anthony Maryland and Ikeja you'll be on 1x and not broadband anything.

From the beginning of this week things have gotten worse that it took over two & half hours to get a mail sent. Believe me starcomms is bad news. I've learnt only not to get worked up so that I will live long.

I've not changed because of the feeler from visafone and co
Re: Starcomms Irresponsible Activation/subscription Renewal Delay -compensation? by Mowire: 12:27pm On Apr 01, 2009
So much for reactivation. I've been using for like 4yrs (cdma to evdo), the don't get any better. The occasional good performances are just periods of luck: they don't last.

The evdo I currently use took almost 2 months with a lot of shouting on the phone and their Ikeja office to activate. Service wise forget it. Even inside their Ikeja office most times you only have 1x signal on your evdo card. The EVDO signal is just always not there. So most times in Areas like Anthony Maryland and Ikeja you'll be on 1x and not broadband anything.

From the beginning of this week things have gotten worse that it took over two & half hours to get a mail sent. Believe me starcomms is bad news. I've learnt only not to get worked up so that I will live long.

I've not changed because of the feelers from visafone and co users that I know is not encouraging
Re: Starcomms Irresponsible Activation/subscription Renewal Delay -compensation? by Mowire: 12:50pm On Apr 01, 2009
That double entry post there is not deliberate. The NL server timedout thee 1st time so I had to resend.

The speed of this damn connection won't let me see the entire page. I wanted quote the poster before me.

Anyway, going to their office, ladies and gentlemen, will not result in improved signal and speed. That company is simply exploiting our helplessness. I'm thinking of checking out the multilinks blue (or whatever they call it)
Re: Starcomms Irresponsible Activation/subscription Renewal Delay -compensation? by lynxnoon(m): 3:45pm On Apr 01, 2009
@mowire
My guy dey r all d same, u get top speed & kul experience wen dey r jst starting, afta a month or 2 it bak 2 d same ol' frustrating, crawling ntwk
PS: WATEVA U DO MK SURE U R GETTING GUD BROADBAND SIGNALS IN UR AREA B4 BUYING DIS MULTILINKS BLUE!!
Re: Starcomms Irresponsible Activation/subscription Renewal Delay -compensation? by Mowire: 6:19pm On Apr 01, 2009
lynxnoon:

@mowire
PS: WATEVA U DO MK SURE U R GETTING GUD BROADBAND SIGNALS IN UR AREA B4 BUYING DIS MULTILINKS BLUE!!

Thanks. That's been my concern.
Re: Starcomms Irresponsible Activation/subscription Renewal Delay -compensation? by segunb(m): 10:21am On Apr 02, 2009
, hmmm Yes! Starcomms, I have been lookin 4 an avenue 2 really vent my Anger. The biggest problem starcomms has is the monopoly they are enyoyin! yu might want 2 ask what Monopoly?. If there is no monopoly why do people still stick 2 dem? , answer they have d most flexible package in Lagos. If only one organization {even Unheard off} can provide as much flexibility AND RELIABILITY as starcomms. I bet yu people wud move and their service wud bkm betta. Beta! Yes because dey can provide adequately 4 d reduced Crowd.

Starcomms has bitten more than they ever will chew. The have way more dan any customer base dan they can eva maintain 4 a lifetime
Solution: Expand base & Increase Hardware support.

4 their creativity 2 have this kind of customer base. They are at leasst doing something very right. But mark my words. If they continue in this pattern, dey wud soon reachin their Tipping point and guess what , oh what a mighty fall.

They have all the resources 2 expand, but obviously, dey might be enjoyin d Reign of kindship.

I bought my iZAp in Aba on the 24th Dec, 08, even before d Guys at d engineerin Department could install it on my 64 Bit Vista laptop, I Hah already been connected { I call dat remarkable service , reason -lower customer base}.

In Calabar , dat is d best city 2 use starcomms, yu wud record the best speed ever on starcomms.

In some areas of PH yu record EVDo but speed not too gud.

What am I tryin 2 say? Starcomms is Beautiful but they have way 2 much Customers 2 Handle { Major reason 4 d lagg}
Solution pls EXPAND[size=8pt][/size][b][/b].

@ Packa, nice advise they are Humans. Yeah! But we pay 4 dis service so dey shud just step up or get ready 2 fall their great fall.

Tanx all 4 listenin
Re: Starcomms Irresponsible Activation/subscription Renewal Delay -compensation? by lynxnoon(m): 11:01am On Apr 02, 2009
wat is NCC really doing,,,,,,,,,,to me i feel dey just collect billions frm dis operators n allow dem to hv a field day angry angry
Re: Starcomms Irresponsible Activation/subscription Renewal Delay -compensation? by olafemi(m): 7:40pm On Apr 04, 2009
@ POSTER
You are even lucky you where even activated and still have little problems -see as i talk now those Starcomms crazy people ate my 15,900 Naira for my Lagos EVDO subcription, i was in PH and my subcription xpired n i simple called customers care to advise if i could pay my subscription in PH and was told yes, my brother after paying that cash na voice mail- i battled for the refund or they should call lagos office for activation which the useless igbo manager then in 2008 all to no avail,i would advise u leave them for a better services cos i bet u will still have problems with them.
Re: Starcomms Irresponsible Activation/subscription Renewal Delay -compensation? by sfiea: 6:59am On Apr 06, 2009
They are all exploiting us, they render better service in other countries, try MTN in Ghana, u will be amazed.
Re: Starcomms Irresponsible Activation/subscription Renewal Delay -compensation? by Anonymos: 8:03pm On Apr 11, 2009
THE PROBLEM THEY ARE HAVING IS TOO MUCH CUSTOMERS, AND THEY ARE NOT AMONG THE TOP 10 RELAIBLE INTERNET PROVIDERS IN LAGOS NOT TO TALK OF OTHER STATES, PEOPLE TRY DIRECT ON PC, MULTILINKS OR REITEL

EVEN THE SOLE CALL iBOOST IS NOT DOING ANYTHING GOOD TO YOUR CONNECTIONS IS JUST TO MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE ITS DOING SOMETHING, IF THE IBOOST MAKE YOUR SYSTEM IT WILL NOT SHOW YOU FULL IMAGES OF THE SITE, TRY IT AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Earbuds Is This ??? / Huawei P9 / TECNO Pouvoir 2 Air Complete Specifications, Review And Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.