Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Why I Joined Chelsea — Pedro - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Why I Joined Chelsea — Pedro (829 Views)

While Did Pedro Choose Chelsea / Official: Chelsea Fc Sign Pedro! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Joined Chelsea — Pedro by wolesmile(m): 5:57pm On Aug 20, 2015
Former Barcelona star, Pedro Eliezer Rodríguez Ledesma, has declared that he joined Chelsea FC to win titles.

Chelsea on Thursday announced the signing of Pedro from Barcelona.

The Spaniard arrives as a highly coveted winger who can also play as a central striker. He is proven at the very highest level and already possesses an impressive medal haul.

The 28-year-old has accumulated three Champions Leagues and five La Liga titles, as well as being a world and European champion on the international stage.

He said: ‘I am very happy to be here. I am very excited to start my adventure at Chelsea and I am here to keep winning titles.

‘Thanks to the club and the supporters for giving me the opportunity to put the blue shirt on,’ he told Chelsea official website

Born in Tenerife, the diminutive Pedro, whose full name is Pedro Eliezer Rodríguez Ledesma, signed for Barςa’s academy in 2004 and made his first-team debut in January 2008 after catching the eye for their B team.

By 2009/10, the two-footed, fast and direct winger had become an important part of the Barcelona team. He was the first player ever to score in the Spanish league, Copa del Rey, Champions League, both the European and Spanish Super Cups as well as the World Club Cup.

His brilliant performances at club level saw him secure a place in the Spain squad for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. Pedro started both the semi-final and final, and was a key figure in their victory over the Netherlands.

A year later he scored the opening goal in the Champions League final at Wembley as Barςa beat Manchester United 3-1.

He was a substitute alongside then Chelsea players Fernando Torres and Juan Mata in Spain’s Euro 2012 victory over Italy. The winger was also part of the squad which travelled to Brazil for the 2014 World Cup.

Pedro came on as a late substitute in Barcelona’s most recent major success – May’s Champions League final win over Juventus in Berlin. He concluded his time at the Catalan club in the most memorable manner, scoring the winning goal in their 5-4 UEFA Super Cup triumph over Sevilla.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/why-i-joined-chelsea-pedro/#sthash.diUXDFww.dpuf

Re: Why I Joined Chelsea — Pedro by dmcdad: 6:05pm On Aug 20, 2015
As a core Barca fan, I wish him all the best. He gave his all to the club and we are very grateful for that. A fighter, a tireless workhorse.

Hopefully, you have a successful stint at Chelsea as you did Barca.
Re: Why I Joined Chelsea — Pedro by AbbeyvanPersie(m): 6:05pm On Aug 20, 2015
cheesy welcome lad,,, wish you a successful career
Pedro the final matches scorer and winner!
welcome once again.
cc: Lalasticlala this thread must reach FP
Re: Why I Joined Chelsea — Pedro by cescky(m): 10:56am On Aug 22, 2015
shocked. Is he this tiny? Or its a camera trick!
Re: Why I Joined Chelsea — Pedro by dmcdad: 11:13am On Aug 22, 2015
cescky:
shocked. Is he this tiny? Or its a camera trick!
No offense please, but whats you definition of tiny?
Re: Why I Joined Chelsea — Pedro by cescky(m): 5:10pm On Aug 22, 2015
dmcdad:

No offense please, but whats you definition of tiny?

On a serious and sincere note..fabregas isn't a big guy like terry, zuma etc, but the size of pedro makes him so... At least according to the picture

Pedro seems to be in the height range of messi, aguero etc, nevr knew!
Re: Why I Joined Chelsea — Pedro by dmcdad: 5:16pm On Aug 22, 2015
cescky:

On a serious and sincere note..fabregas isn't a big guy like terry, zuma etc, but the size of pedro makes him so... At least according to the picture

Pedro seems to be in the height range of messi, aguero etc, nevr knew!
Yeah... Pedro is just a few inches taller than Messi, but that doesn't mean he is tiny. I think I get your point, but maybe you used the wrong word.

Anyways, what should be your concern as a Chelsea fan is for him to deliver the goods. Frame or no frame, if he delivers, everyone goes home happy. He did great with us, and as a core Barça dude, I can only wish him a successful stint at Chelsea.
Re: Why I Joined Chelsea — Pedro by cescky(m): 6:28pm On Aug 22, 2015
dmcdad:

Yeah... Pedro is just a few inches taller than Messi, but that doesn't mean he is tiny. I think I get your point, but maybe you used the wrong word.

Anyways, what should be your concern as a Chelsea fan is for him to deliver the goods. Frame or no frame, if he delivers, everyone goes home happy. He did great with us, and as a core Barça dude, I can only wish him a successful stint at Chelsea.

Lol,
Me schelsea dry gin...naAa

Fine boys club of north london is where I belong.

Hed have fared better at north london...all the best to him, I see what mourinho wants to do..its the same with what mancity are trying to do...speedstars wingers and a pacey foward, hope it works ..cos city against chelsea, that tactics wasn't really perfect!
Re: Why I Joined Chelsea — Pedro by dmcdad: 6:50pm On Aug 22, 2015
cescky:

Lol,
Me schelsea dry gin...naAa

Fine boys club of north london is where I belong.

Hed have fared better at north london...all the best to him, I see what mourinho wants to do..its the same with what mancity are trying to do...speedstars wingers and a pacey foward, hope it works ..cos city against chelsea, that tactics wasn't really perfect!
Ohh... You a gunner! My bad. If una be fine boys club of North London, wetin you go call us (FCB)?

The thing is, EPL is mainly about speed and power (little wonder people call their kinda football 'kick-and-follow'). cheesy This is in stack contrast to La Liga, which is mainly about techniques. Need I remind you that the same reason you mentioned above was the reason LVG wanted Pedro? Virtually every EPL team wants to have pacy wingers.

(1) (Reply)

Gunners 4-5-1 / Liverpool Vs Fiorentina [1 - 2] On Wed 9th Dec / Chelsea Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.