Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

10.7 Million SIM Cards Deactivated By Nigerian Telcos - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10.7 Million SIM Cards Deactivated By Nigerian Telcos (960 Views)

The Huge Python Killed By Nigerian Soldiers In A Bush Near Their Barracks / 10 Disgraceful Habits Displayed By Nigerian Policemen In Public Places / The Latina Lady Guarded By Nigerian Police Officers In Lagos(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10.7 Million SIM Cards Deactivated By Nigerian Telcos by web4everyone1: 12:27am On Aug 21, 2015

Nigerian Telcos have deactivated about 10.7 million SIM cards and this has led to affected customers picketing telcos’ customer centers across the country, Guardian reports.

The SIM cards were barred after the Nigerian Communications Commission, the Nigerian telecoms industry regulator, gave carriers a seven-day ultimatum to deactivate pre-registered SIM cards and those with poor biometric capturing from their networks.

The report by Guardian reveals that a number of aggrieved customers interviewed indicated that they were duly registered and were surprised when they discovered their SIM cards had been barred.

Thisday Live reported that the NCC had given this directive as a fall out of its meeting with the office of the National Security Adviser (NSA), Department of State Security (DSS), the network operators. The parties present at the meeting had pointed attention to crimes committed in the country via unregistered telephone lines across various networks.

Continue reading here... http://www.ultranaija.com/2015/08/107-million-sim-cards-deactivated-by.html
Re: 10.7 Million SIM Cards Deactivated By Nigerian Telcos by nnachukz(m): 12:39am On Aug 21, 2015
The innocent population suffers for what may not have been their faults. This NCC will urgently force telcos companies to implement but when we are extorted on daily basis they look the other way.
Re: 10.7 Million SIM Cards Deactivated By Nigerian Telcos by web4everyone1: 1:21am On Aug 21, 2015
Yeah bro. I faced the same problem too. In my own case, i registered the sim card in an etisalat shop the first time i bought it o. But now they blocked me! It's annoying. And it's also part of change cheesy cheesy
nnachukz:
The innocent population suffers for what may not have been their faults. This NCC will urgently force telcos companies to implement but when we are extorted on daily basis they look the other way.
Re: 10.7 Million SIM Cards Deactivated By Nigerian Telcos by Vikkie14: 1:31am On Aug 21, 2015
Frankly, a friend of mine Etisalat line was blocked. The painful thing was that, it was blocked a minute after he recharged the sim.
Re: 10.7 Million SIM Cards Deactivated By Nigerian Telcos by web4everyone1: 1:34am On Aug 21, 2015
I recharged my sim card from my GTBank Account using the *737*Amount# code and i activated 2GB plan for N2000 before they blocked mine too. mtsww this etisalat sha!
Vikkie14:
Frankly, a friend of mine Etisalat line was blocked. The painful thing was that, it was blocked a minute after he recharged the sim.
Re: 10.7 Million SIM Cards Deactivated By Nigerian Telcos by Kingsasian(m): 1:40am On Aug 21, 2015
Those that bought sim cards because of cheats...hahahahahahaha.
Re: 10.7 Million SIM Cards Deactivated By Nigerian Telcos by nnachukz(m): 2:27am On Aug 21, 2015
web4everyone1:
Yeah bro. I faced the same problem too. In my own case, i registered the sim card in an etisalat shop the first time i bought it o. But now they blocked me! It's annoying. And it's also part of change cheesy cheesy
my dear my etisalat is also deactivated including my Glo.
Re: 10.7 Million SIM Cards Deactivated By Nigerian Telcos by Nobody: 2:40am On Aug 21, 2015
This thing tire me! Out of my four sims one has been giving me problems of late. I suspect this rubbish is the cause. I've called up customer care but they've been acting like I'm wasting their time and're quick to dismiss me everytime. May God save Nigerians from these daylight robbers.

1 Like

Re: 10.7 Million SIM Cards Deactivated By Nigerian Telcos by web4everyone1: 11:26am On Aug 21, 2015
Ameen oo.
charix:
This thing tire me! Out of my four sims one has been giving me problems of late. I suspect this rubbish is the cause. I've called up customer care but they've been acting like I'm wasting their time and're quick to dismiss me everytime. May God save Nigerians from these daylight robbers.
Re: 10.7 Million SIM Cards Deactivated By Nigerian Telcos by web4everyone1: 11:29am On Aug 21, 2015
i hope this post hits the front page because i know many people faced this problem. Make them yarnnn wink
Re: 10.7 Million SIM Cards Deactivated By Nigerian Telcos by gen2briz(m): 12:12pm On Aug 21, 2015
Ok
Re: 10.7 Million SIM Cards Deactivated By Nigerian Telcos by hob(m): 12:29pm On Aug 21, 2015
dey shd not just try to deactivate my line
Re: 10.7 Million SIM Cards Deactivated By Nigerian Telcos by otokx(m): 3:32pm On Aug 21, 2015
Etisalat appears to be the worst hit.

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders Which Is Better: To Know Good Or Bad? / MTN Introduce 'reveal Unknown Caller ID' / 강서키스방㇂제주키스방᎕bamwar8。c0m᎘밤전 『강남키스방 366』

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.