Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,898 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Women In Saudi Arabia Can Now Vote. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Women In Saudi Arabia Can Now Vote. (632 Views)

Fulani Women In Hijab Join Lord's Chosen Members For Crusade In Kwara. Photos / Lightning Kills Women In Church In Imo (photo) / A Man Sentenced To Death For Renouncing Islam In Saudi Arabia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women In Saudi Arabia Can Now Vote. by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 8:34am On Aug 21, 2015
There has been some small improvement in women’s rights in Saudi Arabia as women in the country can now vote and run for office. The first set of women voters began registering on Sunday (16/08/15) in the two holy cities of Medina and Mecca. However, there is still a catch to it- women who intend to vote must have a male guardian.

There is also the ridiculous fact that women are still not allowed to drive, which means that they can not drive themselves to the voting polls despite having the right to vote.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2766662_twittersaudi_pngbfe827f3af89acf15653ad2d5e7272b0

Source; http://allnaijablog.com/women-in-saudi-arabia-now-allowed-to-vote-and-run-for-office
Re: Women In Saudi Arabia Can Now Vote. by bluaero(m): 8:35am On Aug 21, 2015
shocked

Skibo...wait are u kidding me?
Re: Women In Saudi Arabia Can Now Vote. by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 21, 2015
so before women couldn't vote?!?!! that's absurd.
well I'm happy that's in the past smiley
Re: Women In Saudi Arabia Can Now Vote. by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 9:17am On Aug 21, 2015
EroticAngelina:
so before women couldn't vote?!?!! that's absurd.

well I'm happy that's in the past smiley

Is it more absurd than the fact that they are not still allowed to drive?
Re: Women In Saudi Arabia Can Now Vote. by johnydon22(m): 9:31am On Aug 21, 2015
[b]The heavy discriminating weight placed on women by both many religions and cultures are very disturbing..

Men relegating women to the second level to feed their idiotic ego and fly the misogynistic flag and their abject delusion of being the superior creatures.

I am happy that development is sipping in little by little no matter how slow it can only get better.

Islam has sworn to keep it's adherents behind time back in 5th century by employing and following stupendous, misogynistic and sometimes unwarranted barbaric laws stipulated by a dead illiterate sun baked 5th century arab man. . .That is a very disgraceful thing for 21st century beings.

But i know with time, no matter how much they desperately cling to this outdated world view, development and 21st century civilization will always changes things no matter the slow pace.

This is but a step in the long journey that await women in this world most especially Arab women whose burden and discrimination is a typical example of the evils of misogynistic world views.

Slowly we will get to a beautiful world where men and women are considered to be equal in right and respect..
[/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women In Saudi Arabia Can Now Vote. by joseph1832(m): 12:28pm On Aug 21, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Is it more absurd than the fact that they are not still allowed to drive?
Different strokes for different folks bro. What's absurd to you is normal to another. To each his own.

1 Like

Re: Women In Saudi Arabia Can Now Vote. by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 3:54pm On Aug 21, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]The heavy discriminating weight placed on women by both many religions and cultures are very disturbing..

Men relegating women to the second level to feed their idiotic ego and fly the misogynistic flag and their abject delusion of being the superior creatures.

I am happy that development is sipping in little by little no matter how slow it can only get better.

Islam has sworn to keep it's adherents behind time back in 5th century by employing and following stupendous, misogynistic and sometimes unwarranted barbaric laws stipulated by a dead illiterate sun baked 5th century arab man. . .That is a very disgraceful thing for 21st century beings.

But i know with time, no matter how much they desperately cling to this outdated world view, development and 21st century civilization will always changes things no matter the slow pace.

This is but a step in the long journey that await women in this world most especially Arab women whose burden and discrimination is a typical example of the evils of misogynistic world views.

Slowly we will get to a beautiful world where men and women are considered to be equal in right and respect..
[/b]

Did anyone tell you that you should be a professor of religion?
Re: Women In Saudi Arabia Can Now Vote. by johnydon22(m): 4:37pm On Aug 21, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Did anyone tell you that you should be a professor of religion?
LOL...Not Me

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Corper Who Converted To Islam Writes Letter Explaining Why (must Read) / To The Crucified One / As Christains; Must We Pray Everyday???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.