Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

As Christains; Must We Pray Everyday??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As Christains; Must We Pray Everyday??? (630 Views)

Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? / Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? / A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As Christains; Must We Pray Everyday??? by Sermwell(m): 12:41pm On Oct 03, 2015
I know the bible made us to understand that we should pray without season. But I'm also aware that when we have prayed about anything in faith, God will answer us promptly. My question now is, must we pray again concerning all the things we have prayed about before knowing that God has already answered us the first time we prayed about it?? For instance, if we pray on 1st jan 2015, committing all our affairs of that year into God's hands and we believe He has answered us, is it still neccessary to commit our day-to-day activities of that same year into God's hands again since he has answered us before?
I ask because someone said that it is neccessary we continue praying because the devil is always going to and fro doing bla bla bla to the prayers we have prayed before undecided then I ask again; is the devil capable of nullifying what God has decreed thereby making it neccessary to pray again over what we have prayed before?
Please I need HONEST and SENSIBLE responses! Thanks.
Re: As Christains; Must We Pray Everyday??? by elantraceey(f): 1:12pm On Oct 03, 2015
As a human must you eat everyday? Why didn't the food you ate yesterday take you for the whole week? By the way prayer is not just making request known to God, It's way more than that .
Re: As Christains; Must We Pray Everyday??? by IamforGod: 1:20pm On Oct 03, 2015
elantraceey:
As a human must you eat everyday? Why didn't the food you ate yesterday take you for the whole week? By the prayer is not just making request known to God, It's way more than that .

Bless you

1 Like

Re: As Christains; Must We Pray Everyday??? by Sermwell(m): 1:52pm On Oct 03, 2015
elantraceey:
As a human must you eat everyday? Why didn't the food you ate yesterday take you for the whole week? By the way prayer is not just making request known to God, It's way more than that .
Your answer seem to be non sequitor(doesn't follow) pls read the post again!! We are talking about an almighty God that has the power to say yes to any situation and it remains so forever. And when He has said yes already, why pray about that same situation as if the 'yes' has become ineffective at some point?
Re: As Christains; Must We Pray Everyday??? by tpiander: 1:58pm On Oct 03, 2015
Remove "we" from your post and insert "I" .
Re: As Christains; Must We Pray Everyday??? by Sermwell(m): 2:24pm On Oct 03, 2015
tpiander:
Remove "we" from your post and insert "I" .

Why? undecided
It is not possible that I'm the only one who shares this view. So your asking me to replace "we" with "I" is uncalled for. Don't you think so??
Re: As Christains; Must We Pray Everyday??? by bxcode(m): 2:33pm On Oct 03, 2015
Whether you pray or not dosent move God a bit, he will still love you because his love and mercy upon is independent of our works. So you are free not to pray.... but I will be stupid not to pray everyday, because it will automatically harden my heart towards God. How do you intend to communicate with him if you don't pray, am not talking about the religious and hypocritical way of praying am talking of the prayer that comes outta a relationship with God.
God ain't gonna lose anything from you not praying daily, because it dosent add an inch to anything about him whatsoever, it's you who stand to miss a whole lot.
Re: As Christains; Must We Pray Everyday??? by tpiander: 3:29pm On Oct 03, 2015
Sermwell:

Why? undecided
It is not possible that I'm the only one who shares this view. So your asking me to replace "we" with "I" is uncalled for. Don't you think so??

were you born alone or did you come into this world with the "we" you're referring to?
Re: As Christains; Must We Pray Everyday??? by menxer: 5:55pm On Oct 03, 2015
There are some things about religion that beats explanation, that's why reasoning and logical thinking are never part of church preaching; even when the bible say we should reason and argue our case.

[NIV] Isaiah 43:26 Review the past for me, let us argue the matter together; state the case for your innocence..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Confession Of A Pastor: "I Was Once A Thief" / IMAGINE!!! Satan Is A Lair / Demolision: St. Stephen's Anglican Church Gusau Destroyed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.