Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,534 members, 7,812,661 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

Why The Purported Nigeria Police E-recruitment Website May Be Fake - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why The Purported Nigeria Police E-recruitment Website May Be Fake (1187 Views)

WAEC Issues Disclaimer On Purported Job Advert / NOUN Excluded From NIS Recruitment Website / Federal Civil Service Recruitment Website Is Down. Applicants Lets Meet Here!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Purported Nigeria Police E-recruitment Website May Be Fake by abdussalam(m): 1:00pm On Aug 21, 2015

Earlier today, a friend sent me a web address purportedly meant for the Nigeria Police Force Recruitment. I wasn't surprised to see that. Afterall, since the announcement of possible recruitment of tens of thousands of citizens into the police force was made on Wednesday, some fraudulent Nigerians had flooded the streets of Lagos with job adverts about that asking people to call certain numbers. Lagosians would understand what I mean here better.

Let's focus now on the main issue here, the 'recruitment website'. The official website of the Nigerian Police Force is https://www​.npf.gov.ng/ while the one being circulated is www.nigeriapolice.org/recruitment/

The creator of that facade did a 'good' assignment of linking back to the official website of the police force. That may convince some people to think they are genuine. Don't be deceived! There has been no official advert beyond the news report that followed President Buhari's meeting with officials of the Ministry of Police Affairs, the Nigeria Police Force and the Police Service Commission.

All government-run/owned websites I know of have the .gov.ng appendage but not that purported 'recruitment website'. You may run a Google search on the said website and find it top of your search results. That doesn't give credibility to it. I ran a domain check on the two sites to lend credence to this position of mine on whois.net. The is no data about nigeriapolice.org but there is on npf.gov.ng.

Another redflag is that there's no list of positions nor job description on the said page. I'd previously assisted some colleagues through their Nigerian military registration online and could remember seeing respective positions and job descriptions there. That's not the same in this instance.

Whenever the Nigeria Police Force decides to recruit officers and men into their workforce, they will advertise appropriately using their official website. Fraudsters are out there. Masu gudu su Gudu! Correct me if I'm wrong!

- Abdussalam Amoo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Purported Nigeria Police E-recruitment Website May Be Fake by Positivist: 1:19pm On Aug 21, 2015
I thought as much.
uboma, davide470 Lalasticlala Crazyman come and see this.
Re: Why The Purported Nigeria Police E-recruitment Website May Be Fake by Neatboy(m): 2:55pm On Aug 21, 2015
I thought as much. I can't just wait for the recruitment. Please o, what about NCS-the Nigeria Custom Service? Are they waiting for the Second Coming of Christ before they announce anything? I was in school when I heard last of their recruitment. It's almost four years since they last announce their recruitment. If this administration can recruit the masses and atleast create near equal opportunity for all in these agencies I will be its no1 fan.
Re: Why The Purported Nigeria Police E-recruitment Website May Be Fake by Hamstrong001(m): 3:36pm On Aug 21, 2015
Hmmmmnn...
Re: Why The Purported Nigeria Police E-recruitment Website May Be Fake by virud: 4:32pm On Aug 21, 2015
Same with NPF, NAF, NA n NN... They'll sound their beagle when they are recruiting! You don't need a 'source' anywhere to announce to you other than their previously verified mass communications channel! If you're dumb to fall for these lies and scams, ordinarily, if not for corruption (godfatherism), you have no place in these establishments!

(1) (Reply)

Fresh Graduate Recruitment At Delta State Hospitals Management Board / BGS Invites You For An Interview On Tuesday 06/10/15 At 161 Herbert Macaulay Way / Job Invite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.