Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,599 members, 7,823,604 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Did I Study The Wrong Course In School - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Did I Study The Wrong Course In School (2268 Views)

Top 20 Nigerian CEOs And The Courses They Studied In School / I Sent The Wrong Salary Schedule To The Bank / Did I Make A Mistake Studying Law? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did I Study The Wrong Course In School by lexaydfg(m): 8:06pm On Aug 21, 2015
Please,I will like to ask this question concerning transport management as a course in Nigeria instution.

I finished with a 2:1 in school and just concluded NYSC programme. Now, my question is why is it that no job offers in transport firm. Please what is the way forward for we transport student because am really confused right now.
Re: Did I Study The Wrong Course In School by ladyF(f): 8:09pm On Aug 21, 2015
A lot of people branch off to fields they didn't study for 1st degree
Re: Did I Study The Wrong Course In School by Abugab(m): 8:13pm On Aug 21, 2015
Try Nigeria railway corporation and marine time.
Transport management can also put you in logistics and supply chain management.
Just try to do a short course in supply chain/logistics and that will make you more employable

1 Like

Re: Did I Study The Wrong Course In School by emerich(m): 8:15pm On Aug 21, 2015
lexaydfg:
Please,I will like to ask this question concerning transport management as a course in Nigeria instution.

I finished with a 2:1 in school and just concluded NYSC programme. Now, my question is why is it that no job offers in transport firm. Please what is the way forward for we transport student because am really confused right now.
You studied a wonderful course my bro, U can also add a professional qualification to a degree by taking a course in transportation at the NITT here in Zaria, Kaduna State, U wld get lots of offers while studying and also meet Colleague of yours whom wld be of help to U. Shallom.
Re: Did I Study The Wrong Course In School by nairalife2013(m): 8:19pm On Aug 21, 2015
There's nothing like wrong courses. Diversify yur thinking pls. I always wanted to be a lawyer...estate management to me was a secondclass course! But that is what I read successfully at last. That's the course that broadened my knowledge in property business from land surveying and geofarmatics to architecture. From quantity surveying to town planning. From building engineering to urban development. Now I can do all about everything relating to the environment! I make corporate and private cash every daan day! Go back home and think and think and think!!! Give birth to something. It's in you!!!
Re: Did I Study The Wrong Course In School by lexaydfg(m): 8:26pm On Aug 21, 2015
emerich:

You studied a wonderful course my bro, U can also add a professional qualification to a degree by taking a course in transportation at the NITT here in Zaria, Kaduna State, U wld get lots of offers while studying and also meet Colleague of yours whom wld be of help to U. Shallom.
Thanks bro,but how much will it cost me to obtain the form and am base in west
Re: Did I Study The Wrong Course In School by lexaydfg(m): 8:26pm On Aug 21, 2015
emerich:

Thanks bro,but how much will it cost me to obtain the form and am base in west.
Re: Did I Study The Wrong Course In School by lexaydfg(m): 8:30pm On Aug 21, 2015
nairalife2013:
There's nothing like wrong courses. Diversify yur thinking pls. I always wanted to be a lawyer...estate management to me was a secondclass course! But that is what I read successfully at last. That's the course that broadened my knowledge in property business from land surveying and geofarmatics to architecture. From quantity surveying to town planning. From building engineering to urban development. Now I can do all about everything relating to the environment! I make corporate and private cash every daan day! Go back home and think and think and think!!! Give birth to something. It's in you!!!

Thanks for the advice sir, but i love transport and will love to work in a transport for some time before venturing into my own business.
Thank you for the advice, i will go home and continuing THINKING
Re: Did I Study The Wrong Course In School by nairalife2013(m): 8:33pm On Aug 21, 2015
What links do u have with other courses in your faculty. As in other departments. U can do what I call cohabitation and find a stand in the field. Just cordinate yourself well and be patient. U read a good course. Goodluck.
Re: Did I Study The Wrong Course In School by lexaydfg(m): 8:37pm On Aug 21, 2015
Abugab:
Try Nigeria railway corporation and marine time.
Transport management can also put you in logistics and supply chain management.
Just try to do a short course in supply chain/logistics and that will make you more employable

Okay sir, thank you. I will try and obtain CILT form.

1 Like

Re: Did I Study The Wrong Course In School by nairalife2013(m): 8:38pm On Aug 21, 2015
ladyF:
u mean in o'level to first degree?
Re: Did I Study The Wrong Course In School by lexaydfg(m): 8:39pm On Aug 21, 2015
nairalife2013:
What links do u have with other courses in your faculty. As in other departments. U can do what I call cohabitation and find a stand in the field. Just cordinate yourself well and be patient. U read a good course. Goodluck.

Hmmm.... Okay. Thanks
Re: Did I Study The Wrong Course In School by lexaydfg(m): 8:41pm On Aug 21, 2015
ladyF:

Ma, could you please expatiate?
Re: Did I Study The Wrong Course In School by ladyF(f): 8:48pm On Aug 21, 2015
lexaydfg:

Ma, could you please expatiate?
Ok, for example....An Engineer can decide to start taking ican classes and end up taking up a job in banking or managament. Someone that read medicine can decide to set up a clothing line.

Ur career is not limited to your course of study, that's my point exactly....u get?
Re: Did I Study The Wrong Course In School by lexaydfg(m): 8:59pm On Aug 21, 2015
ladyF:

Ok, for example....An Engineer can decide to start taking ican classes and end up taking up a job in banking or managament. Someone that read medicine can decide to set up a clothing line.

Ur career is not limited to your course of study, that's my point exactly....u get?

Okay ladyF i get now, i just concluded NIM and am awaiting my result, thanks dear.
Re: Did I Study The Wrong Course In School by ladyF(f): 9:02pm On Aug 21, 2015
lexaydfg:

Okay ladyF i get now, i just concluded NIM and am awaiting my result, thanks dear.
Anytym dear...success!!!!

1 Like

Re: Did I Study The Wrong Course In School by Yustash001(m): 10:49pm On Aug 21, 2015
Here to read elders comments...
Re: Did I Study The Wrong Course In School by Yustash001(m): 10:49pm On Aug 21, 2015
Here to read elders' comments...
Re: Did I Study The Wrong Course In School by Dubemkelly(m): 4:42am On Aug 22, 2015
You'vee gone to school, so make something out of the time you spent in school, open your min to new opportunities. Versatility makes you more employable
Re: Did I Study The Wrong Course In School by gracealabs(f): 12:01pm On Aug 22, 2015
PROJECT MANAGEMENT TRAINING
This interactive 5weekends diploma course will expose participants to the whole breath of modern project management and provide all the learning requirements required to pass the prestigious PMP exam at first trial.

Venue: Eleos School of Business and Information Technology,29 Adebajo Street ,Kongi New Bodija,Ibadan.

TIME :10am -2pm and 3pm-6pm(friday)
10am-4pm (saturday)

By the end of this course,participants will be able to
1 understand the core principle of project management based on the project management institute
2 learn how to apply the major tools and techniques of project management to impact workplace result
3 prepare for the PMI exam
4track progress,update plans,and monitor variances between target and actual project deliverables using microsoft project

FOR MORE ENQUIRIES
call 08036449669
www.esbitschool.com
esbit@eleosgoldenheritage.com

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

(1) (Reply)

Are You Interested In Becoming An AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLER? / Make Money Online Writing On Medium From Nigeria / Ican Result For 2009 Is Out. How Did U Perform?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.