Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:26 PM

What Are The Solutions To Stopping One From Vomiting While On Transit? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Are The Solutions To Stopping One From Vomiting While On Transit? (1494 Views)

What Is Stopping The White From Getting The Cure For HIV/AIDS? / What Are The Solutions To Stopping One From Vomiting While On Transit? / Sad! Photos Of Jummie,Girl Falsely Reported To Be Vomiting Blood Because Of Runs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Solutions To Stopping One From Vomiting While On Transit? by charityexplicit(f): 8:08pm On Aug 21, 2015
Few days ago, I travelled from the east to the middle belt. Hmmm, the journey wasn't smooth for me at all as the bus I entered had AC with all windows closed(I no be village girl ooo before u start casting me o wink ). Before we left the park I bought a cup of boiled groundnut and finished it(don't call me names o cos I really love groundnut) thirty minutes into the trip , my stomach started turning ,I was feeling like vomiting. Oh... Not again!, I tried to stay calm so that other passengers will not complaint if I asked the driver to stop, a woman was licking a mentol sweet, I had to plead with her to gv me one so that I don't throw up. After taking it I was a bit relieved , about 15 minutes tym, I started vomiting seriously the driver had to stop for me to go outside, gush.... I was really embarrassed, it touched my dress and my handbag, I started cleaning it up with my hands cos my handkerchief was soiled and I threw it away. I kept on vomiting till I got to Enugu. Some passengers were sorry for me, while some where just looking at me(only God knew what went through their minds grin ) that's d first tym I threw up while on transit. Though I always feel lyk throwing up whenever am traveling. Pls I know am not the only one suffering from whatever is making me feel lyk vomiting whenever am traveling. What are the remedies pls... I don't want to face such embarrassing moments again. Ur advice and solutions are welcomed...Thanks!
NB : I was very healthy before I started the journey!
Re: What Are The Solutions To Stopping One From Vomiting While On Transit? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 21, 2015
Tomtom is d ogbonge ansa to yeye regurgitation! wink
Re: What Are The Solutions To Stopping One From Vomiting While On Transit? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Aug 21, 2015
Bitter kola work very well

1 Like

Re: What Are The Solutions To Stopping One From Vomiting While On Transit? by Nobody: 12:04am On Aug 22, 2015
The bus was probably speeding.
Next tinme try to not sit near d window and avoid inhaling too much of air.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Solutions To Stopping One From Vomiting While On Transit? by Seunvense(m): 10:41am On Aug 22, 2015
Motion sickness is caused by imbalance between the eyes and the ears coordination,it is a situation whereby the eyes will detect motion and the ears won't or viceversa. The eye will send signal to the brain that motion is going on whereas the ear will send signal to the brain that there is no motion thereby causing imbalance in the signal sent to the brain,the brain will take the signal as hallucination caused by poison so it will induce vomitting so as to get rid of the poison.

Anytime you are on transit always try 2 sit by the window side,look out through the window as often as possible so as to balance the coordination of the ears and eyes.
You can google motion sickness(vertigo) to get a better explanation.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Solutions To Stopping One From Vomiting While On Transit? by Seunvense(m): 10:49am On Aug 22, 2015
Themaingate:
Pls can you explain better though it's been more a year since I last experienced it but I don't want it catch me unaware.
Re: What Are The Solutions To Stopping One From Vomiting While On Transit? by kamnene(f): 7:15pm On Aug 22, 2015
D posters above were unarguably right. Biter kola is highly effective. Also, try to always board seat close to window so as to get enough air, U re okay.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Solutions To Stopping One From Vomiting While On Transit? by pinky123: 8:05pm On Aug 22, 2015
Nl sef,did u guys read her post well?which air?she said the AC was on and all windows were closed. I have a question for the OP.are u an as?ac cars or environs only recycle CO2.cos every1 is breathing in O2 and releasing CO2 and AS pple easily choke in closed environs.U need oxygen always dear.keep cold water in handy always in the absence of fresh air.
Re: What Are The Solutions To Stopping One From Vomiting While On Transit? by charityexplicit(f): 4:20pm On Aug 26, 2015
I tried it and it worked
Themaingate:
Re: What Are The Solutions To Stopping One From Vomiting While On Transit? by charityexplicit(f): 4:22pm On Aug 26, 2015
pinky123:
Nl sef,did u guys read her post well?which air?she said the AC was on and all windows were closed. I have a question for the OP.are u an as?ac cars or environs only recycle CO2.cos every1 is breathing in O2 and releasing CO2 and AS pple easily choke in closed environs.U need oxygen always dear.keep cold water in handy always in the absence of fresh air.
not @ all.am AA
Re: What Are The Solutions To Stopping One From Vomiting While On Transit? by charityexplicit(f): 4:26pm On Aug 26, 2015
The bus was probably speeding.
Next tinme try to not sit near d window and avoid inhaling too much of air.
but I thought air helps in reducing it
Re: What Are The Solutions To Stopping One From Vomiting While On Transit? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 26, 2015
charityexplicit:
I tried it and it worked

nice to hear that it worked , continue to eat it for some time and after some time stop it and you would be surprise the vomiting would is gone for ever
Re: What Are The Solutions To Stopping One From Vomiting While On Transit? by charityexplicit(f): 7:28pm On Aug 26, 2015
Themaingate:

nice to hear that it worked , continue to eat it for some time and after some time stop it and you would be surprise the vomiting would is gone for ever
thank u

(1) (Reply)

Whitlow Infection Urgent Advice / Tasly Body Fitness Massager ₦540,000 / Causes Of Sagging Breast And How To Lift Them Back.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.