Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,485 members, 7,826,835 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Please Help Me Spot Out The Differences Between Corel Draw And Photoshop - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Please Help Me Spot Out The Differences Between Corel Draw And Photoshop (2118 Views)

CORELDRAW | PHOTOSHOP | ILLUSTRATOR | Training For Beginners (VIDEO TUTORIALS) / 15+. I Draw And I Want To Learn More. Take A Look At These. Ledarts (PICS) / Steps On How To Turn You Picture Into Cartoon Corel Draw (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me Spot Out The Differences Between Corel Draw And Photoshop by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 22, 2015
hello folks.. i have been using corel draw for some pretty time now..but i discover people now talk more about photoshop than corel draw.please i will want users of both to tell me the differences so i could consider using photoshop or merging them together for greater output because one thing is certain about the use of applications..which is #they have their limits to each other...
Re: Please Help Me Spot Out The Differences Between Corel Draw And Photoshop by wisehouse(m): 10:33am On Aug 22, 2015
Hi! dude, both are good, i will advice you consider photshop, not saying you forget corel. when it comes to creating great graphics with effects, photoshop is a key. Have ever thought how all those foreign movies graphics were created, it's photoshop. Take your time a google photoshop tutorials and check images, you will like what you will see.
videomaid:
hello folks.. i have been using corel draw for some pretty time now..but i discover people now talk more about photoshop than corel draw.please i will want users of both to tell me the differences so i could consider using photoshop or merging them together for greater output because one thing is certain about the use of applications..which is #they have their limits to each other...
Re: Please Help Me Spot Out The Differences Between Corel Draw And Photoshop by Brimmie(m): 2:16pm On Aug 22, 2015
wisehouse:
Hi! dude, both are good, i will advice you consider photshop, not saying you forget corel. when it comes to creating great graphics with effects, photoshop is a key. Have ever thought how all those foreign movies graphics were created, it's photoshop. Take your time a google photoshop tutorials and check images, you will like what you will see.

@Bold: Bros!! shocked grin

@OP:
CorelDraw is vector-based software, just like Adobe Illustrator.. while Adobe PhotoShop is pixel-based.
Raster or bitmap graphics are created in Photoshop. These graphics can sometimes look a little jagged since raster images are made up of individual colored squares, known as pixels.
Everything in Photoshop is just a series of pixels, so if you’re scaling something up or down, it can lose its quality very quickly.

So, unlike Photoshop’s pixel-based format, CorelDraw uses mathematical constructs to create vector graphics. In CorelDraw, a line is composed of two dots connected by a computer algorithm, instead of just a line of pixels. Because of this, CorelDraw is used often to
create logos or anything that may need to be printed or displayed at different sizes. A vector graphic will never lose its quality if it’s scaled up or down.
CorelDraw will also give you a better print output since it’s not resolution dependent.
A drawback of CorelDraw and Illustrator is that they can’t be used easily to modify images that are already created, since there are limited filters and image editing tools available to you.

My Advice: Get Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.. CorelDraw is too archaic and not professional. You 'll get to know this when you start using some other GFX Suites.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help Me Spot Out The Differences Between Corel Draw And Photoshop by juitar(m): 8:54pm On Sep 03, 2015
@Brimmie,u'r downloading one of dose tutorial video u watched here. A gud graphics artist shud knw d diff btw A Vector n A Bitmap.
4get o,if u'r very gud in Coreldraw,u'l b surprised wat u can do wit it,however u can create great effects wit Photoshop,dt's y ppu go 4 it.
So bro both are very useful
Re: Please Help Me Spot Out The Differences Between Corel Draw And Photoshop by Brimmie(m): 10:37am On Sep 05, 2015
juitar:
@Brimmie,u'r downloading one of dose tutorial video u watched here. A gud graphics artist shud knw d diff btw A Vector n A Bitmap.
4get o,if u'r very gud in Coreldraw,u'l b surprised wat u can do wit it,however u can create great effects wit Photoshop,dt's y ppu go 4 it.
So bro both are very useful

You're confusing yourself bruh. Read my post line by line, most especially the ones in bold. I don't understand what you meant in your first line tho.
Re: Please Help Me Spot Out The Differences Between Corel Draw And Photoshop by Seequadry(m): 11:42pm On Sep 05, 2015
to me me oooooo....... I dnt knw Y I prefer corel draw to photoshop

its corel anytime

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me Spot Out The Differences Between Corel Draw And Photoshop by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 13, 2015
MY BROTHER COREL DRAW IS A VECTOR BASED CG SOFTWARE WHILE PHOTOSHOP IS A RASTER BASED SOFTWARE BOTH OF THEM ARE REALLY IMPORTANT IF YOU CAN LEARN THE BOTH IT WILL BE OF GREAT ADVANCEMENT TO YOUR GRAPHICS LIFE...........I WORK WITH BOTH COREL AND PS INCLUDING ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR WHICH IS A SUBSTITUTE FOR COREL DRAW WHILE COREL HAS IT OWN RASTER BASED SOFTWARE CALLED COREL PHOTOPAINT YOU CAN STILL GET EFFECTS YOU GET FROM PS AND ILLUSTRATOR FROM COREL AND COREL PHOTOPAINT
Re: Please Help Me Spot Out The Differences Between Corel Draw And Photoshop by DerrickM(m): 12:27pm On Sep 15, 2015
I know everyone is trying to help but our comments are getting too similar and repetitive*lol*lmao*
Note the differences in the comments above on CorelDraw being more vector based than pixel while Photoshop vice-versa. CorelPaint now called CorelPainter is used digital art/painting with wacom tab just like Photoshop though less versatile in my opinion.
Illustrator is the go-to app for logo design,vector art,graphics and compatible ai. and eps. formats in the signage design/fabrication industry for the Computer Aided Machines(CAM)namely the acrylic cutting machines,vinyl plotter and CNC routers for cutting alucobond sheets,MDF,Foam boards,marine plywood amongst other materials.
InDesign is now globally the preferred application for desktop publishing of flyers,posters,magazines,comics,books just mention a few. This largely because of its ability to set document from cover page to back page at a glance unlike CorelDraw where you save out all pages or create a page layout equivalent to the pages with double leafs,tweak the design interactively and even animate the document for web upload in its inbuilt Flash slider format amongst other dope features.
Over time,media and advertising firms in Nigeria especially Lagos now ask for graphic artists who use Adobe Photoshop,Illustrator and InDesign with other apps in the Design Suite of CS3 versions upwards.
Take this expired job vacancy of Ellae Creative Lagos for example

https://ngcareers.com/job/2015-03/vacancy-for-graphic-designer-creative-designer-at-ellae-creative-branding-agency-limited-0303?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C1000615808

Sadly you still need to save your work for printers in Nigeria in versions 9 & 10 to print*smh*
So know Adobe apps well and keep CorelDraw for printing sake...#QED...

(1) (Reply)

Beauty in the streets. Pictures series / My Ballpoint Pen Sketch Of Jack Sparrow / Get Your Logo Drawn For Almost Free.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.