Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,121 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

“why I Married An Ugly Man” - Star Actress, Mide Funmi Martins - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / “why I Married An Ugly Man” - Star Actress, Mide Funmi Martins (20725 Views)

Mide Funmi Martins Celebrates Her Birthday With Lovely Photos / Mide Funmi Martins Looking Like A Queen In New Adorable Pictures / Mide Funmi-martins Stuns In Bedroom Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“why I Married An Ugly Man” - Star Actress, Mide Funmi Martins by Treash(m): 10:35am On Aug 22, 2015
.com/talk/topic,271762.0.html,
Star actress, Mide Funmi Martins has explained why he chose to marry a man who is low to her standard in terms of beauty. For over 13 years, Mide has been marrying to the love of his heart, Afeez Abiodun Owo who is also an actor. In a recent interview, when Mide was asked on how she copes with all the pressures put on her marriage with rumours that it has crashed, the pretty babe said,” I am used to it by now. People have been saying a lot. I don’t know what to say again, I have said it so many times before. My husband and I are still together. He is always with me. He is everything to me. I don’t just know why people keep having problems with my marriage”. She further narrated that, “I know that people are saying that because they can’t reconcile how a fine girl like me will be married to someone who is not as fine as I am. Yes, I thought of that and that is the reason why people keep wishing us bad. And they have been saying it right from the onset, that haaa! Their marriage can’t last. They don’t match. They are not perfect match. They don’t fit. “haa omo yen ti fine ju loo, some say Ogun lo lo fun and I said its impossible. How can someone use juju on you for over 13 years. I have 2 kids with him. I love my family. I love my husband. I am not saying I am not pretty. It is obvious that I am pretty. But I love him like that. Love is not about being beautiful or being handsome. I might marry the most handsome man in the world and I might not be happy with him. That is one thing people don’t understand about relationships. I am happy with my husband and that is the only thing that matters in marriage. When you are happy and everything is going on well, please what else do you want? So, I am happy with him and fine with him. I love him just the way he is. People should try and understand that”.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “why I Married An Ugly Man” - Star Actress, Mide Funmi Martins by adeyemi97(m): 10:35am On Aug 22, 2015
Re: “why I Married An Ugly Man” - Star Actress, Mide Funmi Martins by pyyxxaro: 10:40am On Aug 22, 2015
Who she be again #mide funmi martins#

If she say her hubby worwor.

Wetin she want make oshiomhole wife talk tongue

6 Likes

Re: “why I Married An Ugly Man” - Star Actress, Mide Funmi Martins by MzCorleone(f): 10:44am On Aug 22, 2015
'A man is never ugly' -Buchi Emecheta

4 Likes

Re: “why I Married An Ugly Man” - Star Actress, Mide Funmi Martins by Cutehector(m): 10:49am On Aug 22, 2015
MzCorleone:
'A man is never ugly'
-Buchi Emecheta
thak u so much..

A woman may grow old and be ugly, but a man is never ugly, he matures with age and is dignified....

Lol cheesy Buchi Emecheta the joys of motherhood

4 Likes

Re: “why I Married An Ugly Man” - Star Actress, Mide Funmi Martins by Obascoetubi: 11:05am On Aug 22, 2015
a
Re: “why I Married An Ugly Man” - Star Actress, Mide Funmi Martins by hatux: 11:28am On Aug 22, 2015
Happiness! Well said girl...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: “why I Married An Ugly Man” - Star Actress, Mide Funmi Martins by rosy4u(f): 11:39am On Aug 22, 2015
adeyemi97:

Bet why ?
Re: “why I Married An Ugly Man” - Star Actress, Mide Funmi Martins by doublewisdom: 11:39am On Aug 22, 2015
So that Mide woman thinks she's beautiful? She needs to invest in a mirror!

4 Likes

Re: “why I Married An Ugly Man” - Star Actress, Mide Funmi Martins by Larrey(f): 1:19pm On Aug 22, 2015
To me afeez owo is not ugly
Re: “why I Married An Ugly Man” - Star Actress, Mide Funmi Martins by drealjyde(m): 2:27pm On Aug 22, 2015
I laff in swahili..
Re: “why I Married An Ugly Man” - Star Actress, Mide Funmi Martins by iamrealdeji(m): 2:30pm On Aug 22, 2015
Cutehector:
thak u so much..

A woman may grow old and be ugly, but a man is never ugly, he matures with age and is dignified....

true
Re: “why I Married An Ugly Man” - Star Actress, Mide Funmi Martins by pretydiva(f): 3:23pm On Aug 22, 2015
Nobody gives a hoot undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “why I Married An Ugly Man” - Star Actress, Mide Funmi Martins by Dubemkelly(m): 9:04pm On Aug 22, 2015
A man is never ugly

1 Like

Re: “why I Married An Ugly Man” - Star Actress, Mide Funmi Martins by brixton: 11:12pm On Aug 22, 2015
Can we see her pic and her husband'? If osho can marry lara, obj dey phuck his DILs, then no man is ugly
Re: “why I Married An Ugly Man” - Star Actress, Mide Funmi Martins by ardeks(m): 12:00am On Aug 23, 2015
Just don't know what to say..... I'll definitely come back.
Re: “why I Married An Ugly Man” - Star Actress, Mide Funmi Martins by deewhone(f): 2:45am On Aug 23, 2015
Shoro niyen...with that nose wey dey one kind
Re: “why I Married An Ugly Man” - Star Actress, Mide Funmi Martins by Aystarz: 6:34am On Aug 23, 2015
doublewisdom:

Oh come on, maen, she ain't bad and u know it.
Re: “why I Married An Ugly Man” - Star Actress, Mide Funmi Martins by Babe2sure(f): 7:23am On Aug 23, 2015
Cutehector:
thak u so much..

undecided undecided
"A man is never ugly" is a figurative expression. It is talking of human being generally.tongue
I believe you are pretending that you don't know, by viewing it from the literal sense.grin
Re: “why I Married An Ugly Man” - Star Actress, Mide Funmi Martins by Houseofglam7(f): 7:25am On Aug 23, 2015
Now she's washing her dirty linen in public....... Not too good for celebrity marriages
Re: “why I Married An Ugly Man” - Star Actress, Mide Funmi Martins by Babe2sure(f): 7:37am On Aug 23, 2015
I don't like her response to the interview. She is not diplomatic in her replies at all.

What you saw in your husband is invisible to many and misunderstood by more. You don't owe anybody any explanation.
By now you should have developed thick skin and not listen to side talks. Talk is cheap!
People will always talk. When you are famous, it comes with he territory, that you will always be under people's scrutiny.
I expected an Epic Response! You are even describing him in not so good terms. Gosh!
Re: “why I Married An Ugly Man” - Star Actress, Mide Funmi Martins by Cutehector(m): 8:17am On Aug 23, 2015
Babe2sure:

undecided undecided
"A man is never ugly" is a figurative expression. It is talking of human being generally.tongue
I believe you are pretending that you don't know, by viewing it from the literal sense.grin
lmao.. Hahahhahah d bae wan change am for my head ooo.. Buchi emecheta spelt it out correctly joor... A woman may be ugly, and become old. But a man is never ugly... He neva meant it figuratively! Abeg..

1 Like

Re: “why I Married An Ugly Man” - Star Actress, Mide Funmi Martins by Levelzguy(m): 8:38am On Aug 23, 2015
Babe2sure:
I don't like her response to the interview. She is not diplomatic in her replies at all.

What you saw in your husband is invisible to many and misunderstood by more. You don't owe anybody any explanation.
By now you should have developed thick skin and not listen to side talks. Talk is cheap!
People will always talk. When you are famous, it comes with he territory, that you will always be under people's scrutiny.
I expected an Epic Response! You are even describing him in not so good terms. Gosh!
you took the words right out of my mouth.the girl lacks class and shes tacky

1 Like

Re: “why I Married An Ugly Man” - Star Actress, Mide Funmi Martins by Babe2sure(f): 9:10am On Aug 23, 2015
Cutehector:
lmao.. Hahahhahah d bae wan change am for my head ooo.. Buchi emecheta spelt it out correctly joor... A woman may be ugly, and become old. But a man is never ugly... He neva meant it figuratively! Abeg..

Oohhhhh! I have not read that book, so i will not be able to say much. So debate post-phoned. smiley
Maybe he meant, a man can still marry and have children at old age.
It is a relative word, really.
Re: “why I Married An Ugly Man” - Star Actress, Mide Funmi Martins by Cutehector(m): 9:14am On Aug 23, 2015
Babe2sure:

Oohhhhh! I have not read that book, so i will not be able to say much. So debate post-phoned. smiley

By 'A man is never ugly' Does it include men that perpetrate evil?
It is a relative word, really?.

Is it safe to also say when Hobbles talk about, 'The nature of man- in a state of nature" does he mean only men?

I believe it is a figurative expression still. I have not read the book, so I will not be able to say much.
u havnet even read d book and u are comin here to argue wit me? Imajine.. U don't even knw d circumstance which happend dat made d writer to write it.. It was a conversation between two people... Go and read d book jor... Ah ah. Am even surprised u havnt even read it sef, where were u in secondary school when ur literature teacher told d whole class to summarise the joys of motherhood as an assignment.. I guess u ddnt even do the assignment at all...

1 Like

Re: “why I Married An Ugly Man” - Star Actress, Mide Funmi Martins by fwwins(m): 9:35am On Aug 23, 2015
Treash:

.com/talk/topic,271762.0.html,

Star actress, Mide Funmi Martins has
explained why he chose to marry a
man who is low to her standard in
terms of beauty. For over 13 years,
Mide has been marrying to the love of
his heart, Afeez Abiodun Owo who is
also an actor.
In a recent interview, when Mide was
asked on how she copes with all the
pressures put on her marriage with
rumours that it has crashed, the
pretty babe said,” I am used to it by
now. People have been saying a lot. I
don’t know what to say again, I have
said it so many times before. My
husband and I are still together. He is
always with me. He is everything to
me. I don’t just know why people
keep having problems with my
marriage”. She further narrated that,
“I know that people are saying that
because they can’t reconcile how a
fine girl like me will be married to
someone who is not as fine as I am.
Yes, I thought of that and that is the
reason why people keep wishing us
bad. And they have been saying it
right from the onset, that haaa! Their
marriage can’t last. They don’t match.
They are not perfect match. They
don’t fit. “haa omo yen ti fine ju loo,
some say Ogun lo lo fun and I said its
impossible. How can someone use
juju on you for over 13 years. I have 2
kids with him.
I love my family. I love my husband. I
am not saying I am not pretty. It is
obvious that I am pretty. But I love
him like that. Love is not about being
beautiful or being handsome. I might
marry the most handsome man in the
world and I might not be happy with
him. That is one thing people don’t
understand about relationships. I am
happy with my husband and that is
the only thing that matters in
marriage. When you are happy and
everything is going on well, please
what else do you want? So, I am
happy with him and fine with him. I
love him just the way he is. People
should try and understand that”.

THIS WOMAN SHOULD STOP TALKING RUBBISH ABEG!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: “why I Married An Ugly Man” - Star Actress, Mide Funmi Martins by Babe2sure(f): 9:36am On Aug 23, 2015
Cutehector:
u havnet even read d book and u are comin here to argue wit me? Imajine.. U don't even knw d circumstance which happend dat made d writer to write it.. It was a conversation between two people... Go and read d book jor... Ah ah. Am even surprised u havnt even read it sef, where were u in secondary school when ur literature teacher told d whole class to summarise the joys of motherhood as an assignment.. I guess u ddnt even do the assignment at all...

Argue with you? Maybe you should check up the meaning of argue. When I said it is relative, and that I will not be able to say much,does it not cover the fact that something must have transpired before he said that. Sharpen your comprehension skill, please.
As a literature student, you should know that mere seeing that word, it is more figurative. It is a loaded statement.
We did not read "Joys of motherhood" and I can wager my last dollar that your literature teacher did not teach you all literature text, taught in other schools too.
Re: “why I Married An Ugly Man” - Star Actress, Mide Funmi Martins by temmym4(m): 11:54am On Aug 23, 2015
doublewisdom:

Oga she is o. no doubt about it. adjust those glasses of yours wella grin ...just that the way she bragged about it from the OP's post is a little annoying

1 Like

Re: “why I Married An Ugly Man” - Star Actress, Mide Funmi Martins by noblegrex: 5:59pm On Sep 04, 2015
Well said,I'm not an exetion to what she said.I've sid that too.its obvious she's just too beautiful not to notice the man besise her,not that the man is bad himself but her beutiy created the scene.good she's happy with him n without doubt I'm sure he'll be very proud of her.but I hope nothing influenced it sha o.like producer-acting thing cos d man was a producer or a roducer.

(1) (Reply)

D'banj Visits Governor Amosun / Cynthia Morgan Is Pregnant For Jude Okoye - Okgist.com / #BBNaija's Vandora Celebrates Her 24th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.