Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

Sony Xperia Z1 Is Not A WATERPROOF Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Sony Xperia Z1 Is Not A WATERPROOF Phone (830 Views)

Afrione Gravity Z1, Firs Made-In-Nigeria Phone Launched. See Specifications / Tech: Iphone 7 To Be A ‘waterproof’ & Also Support Wireless Charging / Waterproof Phone(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sony Xperia Z1 Is Not A WATERPROOF Phone by niyidrums(m): 5:04pm On Aug 22, 2015
So according to Sony, they established the fact that Xperia Z1 is a waterproof device and as long as the device ports are shut properly, the phone is usable under water for at most 30minutes.

I guess someone might wanna ask if My phone was left inside water for 30minutes. Well, I Went to the pool today, and about leaving, I decided to put my phone inside water with a 30 seconds count down. After 30 seconds, I pulled my phone out and lo and behold, the phone isn't coming up again.

Now my phone is with the repairer trying to revive the device's life. All ports were shut properly and I wonder if it was a 30minutes countdown. Lol.

A lot of peeps have got this exact complaint about the Sony Z series phones. A South African woman even made Sony removed Waterproof marketing strategy off there advert records in SA on Sony Z series phones...

Just sharing my experience too to alert someone not to try this except you've got your warranty still up and running or you're ready to pay a phone service engineer.

Lesson learnt.
Re: Sony Xperia Z1 Is Not A WATERPROOF Phone by SFSNIPER(m): 5:24pm On Aug 22, 2015
You have a Chinese version maybe. Because my friends own works perfectly well. You have to activate the camera before going under water and not more than 1metre deep or so.
Re: Sony Xperia Z1 Is Not A WATERPROOF Phone by Youngpo413: 6:13pm On Aug 22, 2015
I can only do this if I'm tired of the phone.lol
Re: Sony Xperia Z1 Is Not A WATERPROOF Phone by DaniHolmes: 6:24pm On Aug 22, 2015
There's a certain depth limit. The most shallow swimming pool should b mo than that. There's increase in pressure going down the depth of any water body
Re: Sony Xperia Z1 Is Not A WATERPROOF Phone by Seun(m): 6:20pm On Aug 23, 2015
Please post pictures!
Re: Sony Xperia Z1 Is Not A WATERPROOF Phone by Caracta(f): 8:15pm On Aug 23, 2015
I think I should try this cheesy
Re: Sony Xperia Z1 Is Not A WATERPROOF Phone by omoadeleye(m): 8:58am On Aug 24, 2015
Even if it is fire proof ,why u go wan try am? You got what you deserve so don't complain, assuming the phone mistakenly fell on water then there won't be panic when you too deliberately drop the phone inside so that be afraid to panic cause you called for it. Happy phone damage bro.

(1) (Reply)

Merits And Demerits Of Rooting Ones Phone. / Infinix Hot 2 (2gig Ram) For Sale Lagos Buyer / Wiko Highway(not 4g) Update To Lollipop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.