Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,897 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Forget It, Nigeria. Victor Oladipo Is Gone! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Forget It, Nigeria. Victor Oladipo Is Gone! (1409 Views)

Nigeria's Victor Moses Named Goal Africa Player Of The Year 2017 Ahead Of Salah / NBA World 108-97 NBA Africa. Victor Oladipo Is The MVP (video Highlights) / Victor Oladipo Celebrates His 25th Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forget It, Nigeria. Victor Oladipo Is Gone! by hoophead: 5:16pm On Aug 22, 2015
Can we accept the fact that Victor Oladipo, like the legend Hakeem Olajuwon, is never going to represent Nigeria at international basketball events? That’s another superstar basketball player that would have added both depth and luster to Nigerian basketball, but he’s gone.
Details here: http://www.basketballwithinborders.com/news/forget-it-nigeria-victor-oladipo-is-gone/

Re: Forget It, Nigeria. Victor Oladipo Is Gone! by Chrystover: 5:23pm On Aug 22, 2015
I'll likely do the same if I were in his shoes.

2 Likes

Re: Forget It, Nigeria. Victor Oladipo Is Gone! by thorpido(m): 5:37pm On Aug 22, 2015
If he doesn't,others will.Aminu could have played for US but he chose Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Forget It, Nigeria. Victor Oladipo Is Gone! by hoophead: 5:46pm On Aug 22, 2015
thorpido:
If he doesn't,others will.Aminu could have played for US but he chose Nigeria.

Yes, you're right. Aminu could have played for the US, but that's if they invited him. The level of talent is different. Victor Oladipo is top of his class in the NBA.
Re: Forget It, Nigeria. Victor Oladipo Is Gone! by thorpido(m): 5:55pm On Aug 22, 2015
hoophead:

Yes, you're right. Aminu could have played for the US, but that's if they invited him. The level of talent is different. Victor Oladipo is top of his class in the NBA.
Yes,I know he's very good and it will be a loss to Nigeria but we can still make do with the ones that choose Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Forget It, Nigeria. Victor Oladipo Is Gone! by easyelliot(m): 12:34am On Aug 23, 2015
Isn't his mom sierra leonian?
Re: Forget It, Nigeria. Victor Oladipo Is Gone! by LagosEconomist: 1:39am On Aug 23, 2015
Oladipo will probably not make the US team, at least for 2016. What just happened was an extended camp with over 30 players.

He was approached by Nigeria last year, and almost committed, but was compelled to change his mind at the last minute. The focus should be to get Rasheed Sulaimon to commit to Nigeria asap. He can be as good as Oladipo. Maybe even better. Always easier to get the potential superstars in college before they become pros.

http://nairanotes.com/sports/afrobasket-2015-the-missing-fantastic-four/

With Al Farouq, the fact that his brother was leaning towards Nigeria probably helped make his decision easier.

(1) (Reply)

My Weekend Picks (8--10/04/16) / How I Made N156,500 In 12 Days / BREAKING!! Buffon, Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Shortlisted For UEFA Playe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.