Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,338 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

What Is Wrong With This Cv?(novice Job Hunter) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is Wrong With This Cv?(novice Job Hunter) (2354 Views)

Get A Copy Of This CV / Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto / Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With This Cv?(novice Job Hunter) by seunex4real: 7:29pm On Aug 22, 2015
What am i doing wrong? Please kindly review it for me and tell me how i can make it better. Can it get me multinational companies interview?
Thanks in advance.

Re: What Is Wrong With This Cv?(novice Job Hunter) by Mnewton(m): 7:38pm On Aug 22, 2015
Hh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With This Cv?(novice Job Hunter) by LaurelP(m): 7:44pm On Aug 22, 2015
Things to Remove:

1. Career Objective is too generic
2. Its "Work Experience," not Working Experience.
3. Why is IT skills appearing twice?
4. Remove the "Referees available on request".

Things to add:

1.Add ur "Key Competencies" ( things u have done at work or u can do) immediately after career obj.
2. Social media address esp Linkedin (only if its complete/rich)

5 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With This Cv?(novice Job Hunter) by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 22, 2015
So the only thing you taught those kids in your PPA for one full _ass year is showing them pictures.. ... Really? undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With This Cv?(novice Job Hunter) by babslamin: 10:42pm On Aug 22, 2015
Interest? - better to put it as Hobbies/extra curricular activities
IT skills? - better put it as Generic skills. You can also add Ur coordinating, interpersonal skills to it.
Reference/referees - it's better u put their details
Career/professional objectives - put dis way:- to contribute my xperience & at d same time allow me to further my career skills & talent while contributing to d growth of d goodwill of d organisation & Nigeria at large.
Personal details/ bio data - add Ur state, LGA too
Honor & awards - Nysc cert. 2010, FSLC 1992, Bsc 2014 etc
Re: What Is Wrong With This Cv?(novice Job Hunter) by bosunjohns(m): 10:42pm On Aug 22, 2015
LaurelP:
Things to Remove:

1. Career Objective is too generic
2. Its "Work Experience," not Working Experience.
3. Why is IT skills appearing twice?
4. Remove the "Referees available on request".

Things to add:

1.Add ur "Key Competencies" ( things u have done at work or u can do) immediately after career obj.
2. Social media address esp Linkedin (only if its complete/rich)
Re: What Is Wrong With This Cv?(novice Job Hunter) by kennynelcon(m): 10:46pm On Aug 22, 2015
I don't put hobbies... They can ask if they need it, because they will always find fault from it.
Re: What Is Wrong With This Cv?(novice Job Hunter) by Nobody: 1:15am On Aug 23, 2015
Nice recommendations from Laurel and the others, I noticed your Work experience, even as a fresh grad is quite thin, both your IT and NYSC doesn't have much to do with engineering experience, I advice you add your final year project, it's a research experience, it counts.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With This Cv?(novice Job Hunter) by ednut1(m): 12:45pm On Aug 23, 2015
change the following, career objective and work experience ( AFSS bla bla my dear country-remove dat tin grin), add more interests/hobbies), your educational qualifications remove that table, lastly edit you details before sharing online ie use a dummy email, address, phone number and name. if a scammer gets hold of ur info u go hear am

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With This Cv?(novice Job Hunter) by Mustay(m): 1:41pm On Aug 23, 2015
Can you start first with removing the name

Except that's a pseudo name. Nonetheless, you can use a XYZ or the sort. This is a public forum, be careful what you let out.
Re: What Is Wrong With This Cv?(novice Job Hunter) by Mustay(m): 1:54pm On Aug 23, 2015
1. Address: No need for stories. I am not sure anyone is sending you a correspondence to that address. Just shorten it; "7, Johnson Street, Akure, Ondo State". That's all. In fact, some even suggest that your address should be you LinkedIn address but for someone who's careful, I'd suggest you use the recommendation I gave.

2. The objective seems clumsy; I am already lost reading the first few words. Keep it simple.

3. I don't really understand the school part; if I am not mistaken, I know SSCE is different from GCE. So which one Simply use WASSCE or GCE. Or are you combining the results?

4. Work Experience is a NO-NO for me. Scattered and disorganized. You can simply put NYSC in bracket after the organization. No need telling us how dear Nigeria is to you.

5. What year did you become a member of the NSE

6. Ditto skills (if available). If any skill has a certificate, simply merge with 'professional'.

7. The 'references available on request' is also a waste of words.
Re: What Is Wrong With This Cv?(novice Job Hunter) by Mustay(m): 2:01pm On Aug 23, 2015
Can you also include your final month at you PPA?

If you went for service this June, write something like:

Jun 2015 - May 2016

This helps HR or the prospective employer in planning.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With This Cv?(novice Job Hunter) by Elegantdiva: 2:46pm On Aug 23, 2015
interesting
Re: What Is Wrong With This Cv?(novice Job Hunter) by living2013(m): 2:54pm On Aug 23, 2015
Re: What Is Wrong With This Cv?(novice Job Hunter) by living2013(m): 2:58pm On Aug 23, 2015
Can it get me multinational companies interview?.
[/quote].

The anwser to this question is no.
Such CV will hardly see greenlight for any competitative vacant job position. Every employer needs candidate(professional) that will add value to their company and as a result, they are on a lookout for bespoke CV that will convince them to invite the applicant for interview.

The format and description/presentation of various sections on your cv is quite unimpressive. I won't go any further, if you need guide on how to improve your cv successfully, you can hit my signature and click on "job winning cv".

My advice is that you should rewrite the cv or preferrably get help from an experienced writer that will rewrite and make it captivating enough to grab the attention/interest of any employer within few seconds. Getting job nowadays is not easy especially potential ones. Its quite disappointing, costly and time wasting to miss out on any oppurtunity due to poor cv

(1) (Reply)

Customer Care Reps.needed @ Hitech Communications / Vacancy. / Air Separation Nigeria Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.