Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,400 members, 7,822,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

What I Learnt In Church Today. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What I Learnt In Church Today. (1247 Views)

Apostle Suleman Gifts A Woman A Toyota Camry In Church Today (Photos) / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / What I Learnt In Church Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Learnt In Church Today. by INTROVERT(f): 12:18pm On Aug 23, 2015
Good afternoon dear Nairalanders and May this day be a blessed one for us all even unto the coming work week.

Sermon today was awesome and it was titled: CAN GOD USE YOU (ME).
A summary

More often than not we are discouraged and distracted when we seek to serve God. We beleive that we are not sufficient, capable or available for God to use us. That is a lie the devil plants in our hearts to discourage us from serving our heavenly father, remember that the whole duty of man is to fear God and keep HIS commands. Dear friends what is keeping you away from allowing God to use you? Is it your work, family, school, sin, physical or financial handicap or even laziness.

1. God used Rahab who was a prostitute in the Joshua chapter 2 to save the spies and help capture Jericho.
2. Jonah was sent to Nineveh to preach but decided to head in the opposite direction because he didn't want to do God's word and he ended up in the belly of the fish meaning that you cannot hide from God.
3. Zaccheaus (the despised tax collector) [/b]was a short man (dwarf) who couldn't see Jesus because of the crowd around Jesus but what did he do in Luke 19:1-10, he went ahead and climed a tree so that he would see Jesus when he passed by. Jesus stopped right in front of that tree and went to zaccheaus house to eat that day with other (sinners). He overcame his physical disability to be used by Christ himself as a lesson to us today.
4. Luke 21:1-4.... rich people were going to the temple with bags of money as offering and along came a widow who dropped 2copper coins. Jesus turned to his disciples and said that the widow has done more than the rich folk.

The lessons from the examples to us all is that we can use what we have, our skills and talents to the glory of God. In the end we came to this world with NOTHING and we will leave with NOTHING.

[b]As a student
who dosent have money yet, God can use you to talk to your friends in the class when the lecturer is late about Jesus and salvation. That is more than any money. Yo can go to your pastors house every saturday and wash his cars and weed the church premises. Ever thing is not money.

As a worker earing salary you can help the needy in the church, you can print pamphlets and distribute in your offices and businesses and bring sinners to Christ.

NEVER BE ASHAMED TO SAY THAT YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN AND PREACH THE WORD OF GOD WHEN EVER YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY.

In a any situation or condition we find ourselves let us be an instrument of God's use.

God bless you all.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Learnt In Church Today. by marshalcarter: 12:20pm On Aug 23, 2015
Hmmm...me 2 learnt sumtin....
Re: What I Learnt In Church Today. by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 23, 2015
I love You
Re: What I Learnt In Church Today. by AbbeyvanPersie(m): 12:23pm On Aug 23, 2015
Introvert is making sense grin
Re: What I Learnt In Church Today. by BrightEye(m): 12:24pm On Aug 23, 2015
Somebody shout halelujah!
Re: What I Learnt In Church Today. by olafum1(m): 12:27pm On Aug 23, 2015
Introveter are u sure? Or u mean from nairaland
Re: What I Learnt In Church Today. by powerfulsettingz: 12:30pm On Aug 23, 2015
you should start by stop chasing for ftc
Re: What I Learnt In Church Today. by dunsman(f): 12:30pm On Aug 23, 2015
The girl wanna make me love again... Ehn don't ask questions?? undecided
Re: What I Learnt In Church Today. by jnrbayano(m): 12:47pm On Aug 23, 2015
INTROVERT,

Is it God that is using you to comment first on every thread on the homepage?

Re: What I Learnt In Church Today. by Rukkydelta(f): 12:12pm On Aug 29, 2015
OK
Re: What I Learnt In Church Today. by zyzxx(m): 1:55pm On Aug 29, 2015
Thanks so much
Re: What I Learnt In Church Today. by blessedvisky(m): 2:31pm On Aug 30, 2015
wow!! but Sis INTROVERT, you can use your FTC spot to preach christ
Re: What I Learnt In Church Today. by CUM4WHAT(m): 3:26pm On Aug 30, 2015
NONSENSE.....

WU ASKED YU? ANYTHING

YU LEARNT IS FOR UR NUMP SKULL
Re: What I Learnt In Church Today. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 30, 2015
what happened to the revelation from the Epistles
Re: What I Learnt In Church Today. by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 30, 2015
Did you not learn how to be a good slave ? luke12;47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
Re: What I Learnt In Church Today. by Anas09: 6:16pm On Aug 30, 2015
@ifeness, you are preaching the goespel? Remember it shall be used against u.
Re: What I Learnt In Church Today. by alienvirus: 6:26pm On Aug 30, 2015
blessedvisky:
wow!! but Sis INTROVERT, you can use your FTC spot to preach christ
Really. Some folks are utterly disgusting.
Re: What I Learnt In Church Today. by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 30, 2015
Anas09:
@ifeness, you are preaching the goespel? Remember it shall be used against u.

I AM A GOD
Re: What I Learnt In Church Today. by blessedvisky(m): 7:36pm On Aug 30, 2015
alienvirus:
Really. Some folks are utterly disgusting.

Are you OKundecided
Re: What I Learnt In Church Today. by fajani(m): 11:53pm On Aug 30, 2015
INTROVERT:
Good afternoon dear Nairalanders and May this day be a blessed one for us all even unto the coming work week.

A summary

More often than not we are discouraged and distracted when we seek to serve God. We beleive that we are not sufficient, capable or available for God to use us. That is a lie the devil plants in our hearts to discourage us from serving our heavenly father, remember that the whole duty of man is to fear God and keep HIS commands. Dear friends what is keeping you away from allowing God to use you? Is it your work, family, school, sin, physical or financial handicap or even laziness.

1. God used Rahab who was a prostitute in the Joshua chapter 2 to save the spies and help capture Jericho.
2. Jonah was sent to Nineveh to preach but decided to head in the opposite direction because he didn't want to do God's word and he ended up in the belly of the fish meaning that you cannot hide from God.
3. Zaccheaus (the despised tax collector) [/b]was a short man (dwarf) who couldn't see Jesus because of the crowd around Jesus but what did he do in Luke 19:1-10, he went ahead and climed a tree so that he would see Jesus when he passed by. Jesus stopped right in front of that tree and went to zaccheaus house to eat that day with other (sinners). He overcame his physical disability to be used by Christ himself as a lesson to us today.
4. Luke 21:1-4.... rich people were going to the temple with bags of money as offering and along came a widow who dropped 2copper coins. Jesus turned to his disciples and said that the widow has done more than the rich folk.

The lessons from the examples to us all is that we can use what we have, our skills and talents to the glory of God. In the end we came to this world with NOTHING and we will leave with NOTHING.

[b]As a student
who dosent have money yet, God can use you to talk to your friends in the class when the lecturer is late about Jesus and salvation. That is more than any money. Yo can go to your pastors house every saturday and wash his cars and weed the church premises. Ever thing is not money.

As a worker earing salary you can help the needy in the church, you can print pamphlets and distribute in your offices and businesses and bring sinners to Christ.

NEVER BE ASHAMED TO SAY THAT YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN AND PREACH THE WORD OF GOD WHEN EVER YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY.

In a any situation or condition we find ourselves let us be an instrument of God's use.

God bless you all.

Noted
Re: What I Learnt In Church Today. by toocoded: 12:06pm On Sep 04, 2015
Its Tekins, right?
Re: What I Learnt In Church Today. by mickey45: 8:47pm On Jan 15, 2016
INTROVERT:

A summary

[b]As a student

God bless you a

there's an e-book i;d like to share with you (secular) send an e-mail (may be blank) but let me know it's you
Re: What I Learnt In Church Today. by Joysmith2: 9:10pm On Jan 15, 2016
CUM4WHAT:
NONSENSE.....

WU ASKED YU? ANYTHING

YU LEARNT IS FOR UR NUMP SKULL
I can see ur brain is turning upside down, did u smoke kwale weed,,,,if u don't have anytin to write as comment pass and stop misbehaving ,,,,,tanks
Re: What I Learnt In Church Today. by Gananaira: 3:17pm On Feb 16, 2018
blessedvisky:

Are you OKundecided
hes probably broke go watch make your life better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vavf1uXlvg
Re: What I Learnt In Church Today. by blessedvisky(m): 3:28pm On Feb 16, 2018
Gananaira:
hes probably broke go watch make your life better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vavf1uXlvg
I ain't broke smiley

(1) (Reply)

Muhammadu Buhari Orders Closure Of Aso Rock [presidential Villa] church. / I Am A Moslem But I Can't Do Without... / Kenya Enacts New Tough Rules To Control Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.