Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,432 members, 7,954,711 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:43 AM

Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? (4212 Views)

Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion / Why Do Athiest Discriminate / An Athiest Turned Christian. God Thank You For This Last Chance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by malvisguy212: 5:59pm On Aug 25, 2015
johnydon22:
The word "soul" means what according to you?
they say, answering a question with a question is to avoid the question being thrown at you.
Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by waldigit: 6:11pm On Aug 25, 2015
Admiral49:
Why do Athiest belief there is no GOD? and if they die where do they think they will go to? Oya make una begin talk oo...
The Bible says its because they are FOOLS! cheesy
Admiral49:
Why do Athiest belief there is no GOD? and if they die where do they think they will go to? Oya make una begin talk oo...
The Bible says its because they are FOOLS!
Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:28pm On Aug 25, 2015
plaetton:

I don't believe in the existence of god for very same reasons you don't believe in the existence of the Sun.

Has anyone dispute the existence of the Sun?
Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:33pm On Aug 25, 2015
johnydon22:
You can as well tell me where you were before you were born!!!

He was in the past which his brain cannot fathom now.

Where were you when Deepsight opened consciousness without brain thread?
Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by Rilwayne001: 6:41pm On Aug 25, 2015
HCpaul:
Well, Jesus created you .
Wowwww.. Really?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:47pm On Aug 25, 2015
onetrack:
Almost all of us are atheists to some degree. I'm sure there are thousands of gods you don't believe in. When you understand why you don't believe in those other gods, you'll understand why we don't believe in yours.

This is an ultimate crap by Stephen Roberts which you atheists dont notice.

Atheism is not just only disbelieve in a God but all Gods. A christian that believe in Jehovah but disbelieve in Allah or Zeus is not atheist but theist. One cannot be a theist and atheist at the sametime. You are either a theist by believing in at least a God and disbelive in lot others or be an atheist by disbelieving in ALL gods.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by johnydon22(m): 6:49pm On Aug 25, 2015
malvisguy212:
they say, answering a question with a question is to avoid the question being thrown at you.
You asked a question and was asked to specify what exactly you mean and you start whinning? no wonder you always sound somehow, you throw in any answer that pops out of your head without knowing whay exactly the question is.. no wonder your answers always appear slow..

I repeat: what do you mean by the word "soul" in your question..?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by johnydon22(m): 6:50pm On Aug 25, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

He was in the past which his brain cannot fathom now.

Where were you when Deepsight opened consciousness without brain thread?
LOL.. in the past, where?
Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by malvisguy212: 6:55pm On Aug 25, 2015
johnydon22:
You asked a question and was asked to specify what exactly you mean and you syart whinning? no wonder you always sound somehow, you throw in any answer that pops out of your head without knowing whay exactly the question is.. no wonder your answers always appear slow..

I repeat: what do you mean by the word "soul" in your question..?
soul is eternal. You can only make it to suffered.
Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by johnydon22(m): 6:58pm On Aug 25, 2015
malvisguy212:
soul is eternal. You can only make it to suffered.
So i take it your soul always existed even before here right?
Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:01pm On Aug 25, 2015
onetrack:

I am not god. I do to many silly things to be a god. But if you are your own god, fine, just remember to not take yourself too seriously.

The guy is making some sense but presenting it in a wrong sense.

He is explaining that God is not an entity but a quality or value or status. He been God is believed among some cult, religion and cultures. This God does exist.

The existence of God as man or man been regarded as divine entity or Man been God is very common believe among Imperial cults, Christianity and Apotheotic society.

This proves that God is not an entity but a tag given to something with a divine status or attribute. The star is divine hence it is God to Astrolatrist. The sun is divine so it is God to pantheistists. The Snake, cow and bull are divine and sacred beings in many cultures. Idealogy like Law and Justice is God to some pagans. Feelings like love is divine in many traditions. This proves that God exist not as an independent entity but as a status or quanlity attributed to an entity.

Therefore you are a God (brilliant intelligent being who is admired and love by others). . . .so lets see if you disbelieve in your existence

1 Like

Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:03pm On Aug 25, 2015
davien:
I once was convinced of a god and now I'm not because my reasons for believing were foolish and wasn't grounded on evidence.

How many Gods do you believe in back then?

How many do you disbelieve in now?
Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:05pm On Aug 25, 2015
johnydon22:
LOL.. in the past, where?

His brain cant fathom
Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by malvisguy212: 7:19pm On Aug 25, 2015
johnydon22:
So i take it your soul always existed even before here right?
NO. Soul began to exist when God breath on man.
Genesis 2:7
7 then the Lord God formed the man of
dust from the ground and breathed
into his nostrils the breath of life, and
the man became a living creature.
Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by johnydon22(m): 7:23pm On Aug 25, 2015
malvisguy212:
NO. Soul began to exist when God breath on man.
Genesis 2:7
7 then the Lord God formed the man of
dust from the ground and breathed
into his nostrils the breath of life, and
the man became a living creature.
Nice!!!
So according to you and the bible, the soul is the breathe of life which is the essense that keeps man alive right?.
Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by plaetton: 7:25pm On Aug 25, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Has anyone dispute the existence of the Sun?

And I wonder why.
Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by onetrack(m): 7:28pm On Aug 25, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

The guy is making some sense but presenting it in a wrong sense.

He is explaining that God is not an entity but a quality or value or status. He been God is believed among some cult, religion and cultures. This God does exist.

The existence of God as man or man been regarded as divine entity or Man been God is very common believe among Imperial cults, Christianity and Apotheotic society.

This proves that God is not an entity but a tag given to something with a divine status or attribute. The star is divine hence it is God to Astrolatrist. The sun is divine so it is God to pantheistists. The Snake, cow and bull are divine and sacred beings in many cultures. Idealogy like Law and Justice is God to some pagans. Feelings like love is divine in many traditions. This proves that God exist not as an independent entity but as a status or quanlity attributed to an entity.

Therefore you are a God (brilliant intelligent being who is admired and love by others). . . .so lets see if you disbelieve in your existence

If that's the case then clearly we were thinking different things when he used the term 'god'. I meant god in a sense of a sentient being with supernatural power. Obviously a pantheist or panentheist could claim that we are all god in the sense that we are part of god.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by onetrack(m): 7:29pm On Aug 25, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

This is an ultimate crap by Stephen Roberts which you atheists dont notice.

Atheism is not just only disbelieve in a God but all Gods. A christian that believe in Jehovah but disbelieve in Allah or Zeus is not atheist but theist. One cannot be a theist and atheist at the sametime. You are either a theist by believing in at least a God and disbelive in lot others or be an atheist by disbelieving in ALL gods.

That's why I said 'to a degree'. You understand the larger point I was trying to make.
Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:35pm On Aug 25, 2015
onetrack:

That's why I said 'to a degree'. You understand the larger point I was trying to make.

Atheism is not a belief.

Theism is a believe that at least one God exist and others do not or are false.

Christian do not disbelief in the existence of Zeus, they just believe it does not exist.

The difference clear like light and darkness
Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:39pm On Aug 25, 2015
onetrack:

If that's the case then clearly we were thinking different things when he used the term 'god'. I meant god in a sense of a sentient being with supernatural power. Obviously a pantheist or panentheist could claim that we are all god in the sense that we are part of god.

Are you insuliating that you believe in God without a supernatural attributes?
Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:41pm On Aug 25, 2015
plaetton:

And I wonder why.

You are making a claim here that you disbelieve in God just like some people disbelieve in the sun existence.

The two statement is not the same or equal
Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by onetrack(m): 8:04pm On Aug 25, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Are you insuliating that you believe in God without a supernatural attributes?

No, but evidently the other poster does.
Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:08pm On Aug 25, 2015
onetrack:

No, but evidently the other poster does.

I am refering to Pantheistic God.

Gaia representing the Earth, Aje representing Money or wealth. Do you believe these Gods exist?
Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by onetrack(m): 8:09pm On Aug 25, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Christian do not disbelief in the existence of Zeus, they just believe it does not exist.

Not sure what the difference is.

In any case, when Christians understand why they do not believe Zeus exists, then they will understand why I do not believe Yahweh exists. That was my main point.
Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by onetrack(m): 8:11pm On Aug 25, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

I am refering to Pantheistic God.

Gaia representing the Earth, Aje representing Money or wealth. Do you believe these Gods exist?

I don't believe in any supernatural sentient being, but that does not necessarily mean I can disprove them. Pantheism is probably one of the only types of -theism I don't really have a problem with.
Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:41pm On Aug 25, 2015
onetrack:

Not sure what the difference is.

Is Atheism a Religion, a Philosophy, an Ideology, or a Belief System?:

Because of atheism's long-standing association with freethought, anti-clericalism, and dissent from religion, many people seem to assume that atheism is the same as anti-religion. This, in turn, seems to lead people to assume that atheism is itself a religion - or at least some sort of anti-religious ideology, philosophy, etc. This is incorrect. Atheism is the absence of theism; by itself, it isn't even a belief, much less a belief system, and as such cannot be any of those things. Atheism is Not a Religion, Philosophy, or Belief...

http://atheism.about.com/od/aboutatheism/p/atheism101.htm

Adding, Christians do not disbelieve Zeus does not exist. They acknowledge it is a greek God but do not accept it divinity. There are numbers of God mentioned in the bible and christians acknowledge but do not accept them. Examples are Baal, Artemis, Zeus, Hermes, Ashtoreth and lots more. These are greek and cannanites God which the bible acknowledge and christians believe are Gods which exist but do not accept their divinities.

onetrack:

In any case, when Christians understand why they do not believe Zeus exists, then they will understand why I do not believe Yahweh exists. That was my main point.

Christianity is parrt of theism which believe in at least a God called Jehovah. They believe other Gods existence but do not accept these Gods.

Christians always argue that God is a market and belief and religion is a way of reaching him/her. In that sense, they take their way of christianity while they acknowledge there are other ways that lead to God. Christians believe Allah exist but they choose christianity because they hold that it is the rightful way.

Atheism is not a belief. So your assertion is wrong.
Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by malvisguy212: 8:45pm On Aug 25, 2015
johnydon22:
Nice!!!
So according to you and the bible, the soul is the breathe of life which is the essense that keeps man alive right?.
answer my question.
Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:46pm On Aug 25, 2015
onetrack:

I don't believe in any supernatural sentient being, but that does not necessarily mean I can disprove them. Pantheism is probably one of the only types of -theism I don't really have a problem with.

I am not saying anything related to supernatural sentient being or asking for proof.

Can you explain the bold pls?

Do you disbelieve in pantheistic God? They are Gods but not supernatural entities. Do you disbelieve in them?

Gaia is a greek goddess represent Earth.

Ra is an egyptian goddess represent Sun.

Mars is an astrolatry god of war represent planet mars.

Do you disbelieve in these Pnatheistic gOds?
Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by johnydon22(m): 8:48pm On Aug 25, 2015
malvisguy212:
answer my question.
We are still on the verge of understanding your question..

So according to you, the soul (breathe of life as you put it) is the essense that keeps man alive?
Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by onetrack(m): 8:52pm On Aug 25, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

I am not saying anything related to supernatural sentient being or asking for proof.

Can you explain the bold pls?

Do you disbelieve in pantheistic God? They are Gods but not supernatural entities. Do you disbelieve in them?

Gaia is a greek goddess represent Earth.

Ra is an egyptian goddess represent Sun.

Mars is an astrolatry god of war represent planet mars.

Do you disbelieve in these Pnatheistic gOds?

Pantheism, meaning that the universe and god are one and the same, is something I don't really have an argument against. I do not believe in these other gods you mention.
Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by plaetton: 8:52pm On Aug 25, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

You are making a claim here that you disbelieve in God just like some people disbelieve in the sun existence.

The two statement is not the same or equal

OK. If you don't get where I am going with this, then perhaps I should ask you why you believe that the Sun really exist,.. Then I may tell you why I don't think the god of religion exist.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by onetrack(m): 8:54pm On Aug 25, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Adding, Christians do not disbelieve Zeus does not exist. They acknowledge it is a greek God but do not accept it divinity. There are numbers of God mentioned in the bible and christians acknowledge but do not accept them. Examples are Baal, Artemis, Zeus, Hermes, Ashtoreth and lots more. These are greek and cannanites God which the bible acknowledge and christians believe are Gods which exist but do not accept their divinities.

Christianity is parrt of theism which believe in at least a God called Jehovah. They believe other Gods existence but do not accept these Gods.

Christians always argue that God is a market and belief and religion is a way of reaching him/her. In that sense, they take their way of christianity while they acknowledge there are other ways that lead to God. Christians believe Allah exist but they choose christianity because they hold that it is the rightful way.

Atheism is not a belief. So your assertion is wrong.

I'd have to say that almost all the Christians I know do not believe that these other gods exist and believe that there is only one way to their god.

And you are correct that atheism expresses a lack of belief in any god.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cobwebs Attacks : It's No Joke.your Life May Be Miserable For Long / What Does MMM Really Stands For? / Tb Joshua Prophecy: 'abosolutely Shocking!'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.