Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,625 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? (4049 Views)

Daddy Freeze Would Certainly End An Athiest Or Agnostic. Hardmirror's Opinion / Why Do Athiest Discriminate / An Athiest Turned Christian. God Thank You For This Last Chance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:26pm On Aug 25, 2015
onetrack:

I'd have to say that almost all the Christians I know do not believe that these other gods exist and believe that there is only one way to their god.

And you are correct that atheism expresses a lack of belief in any god.

The bible acknowledge other Gods exist. And here are christians on thsi forum that believe Zeus and other Gods exist https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110415193330AAFIuuO

Nigerian christians believe that Ona kan o woja (the way that lead to market is more than one). This implies that they believe other Gods but do not believe serving them will bring salvation unlike Jehovah. They believe Jehovah is potent and very much alive while the other ones like Zeus are not powerful and dead. This does not mean they do not believe Zeus does not exist.

Atheism oppose theism. It is either you go for positive or negative side. In that aspect, we all not all atheist. Stephen Roberts assertion is wrong
Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:28pm On Aug 25, 2015
plaetton:

OK. If you don't get where I am going with this, then perhaps I should ask you why you believe that the Sun really exist,.. Then I may tell you why I don't think the god of religion doesn't exist.

Sun does exist because I can proof it existence with my senses; sight and skin.

How is the sun different from Ra - a solar deity of the Egyptians
Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:31pm On Aug 25, 2015
onetrack:

Pantheism, meaning that the universe and god are one and the same, is something I don't really have an argument against. I do not believe in these other gods you mention.

I am not asking if you believe in them.

I said do you disblieve in their existence? Do you belief they exist or not?
Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by malvisguy212: 9:37pm On Aug 25, 2015
johnydon22:
We are still on the verge of understanding your question..

So according to you, the soul (breathe of life as you put it) is the essense that keeps man alive?
NO. The soul is the essence that MAKES man alive.
Thus says the LORD, who stretched out
the heavens and founded the earth and
formed the spirit of man WITHIN HIM
Zechariah 12:1

Everything came within Him, God.
Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by johnydon22(m): 9:41pm On Aug 25, 2015
malvisguy212:
NO. The soul is the essence that MAKES man alive.
Thus says the LORD, who stretched out
the heavens and founded the earth and
formed the spirit of man WITHIN HIM
Zechariah 12:1

Everything came within Him, God.
Ok good so the soul is the reason why men is alive..Very good.

Euglena Viridis is a biological microscopic organism.. Very much alive, so is Euglena, amoeba and an ant and oh yes an elephant needs a soul to make them alive because this organisms are pretty much alive just like you are?

So since according to you soul makes man alive, what makes an ant alive?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by malvisguy212: 9:45pm On Aug 25, 2015
johnydon22:
Ok good so the soul is the reason why men is alive..Very good.

Euglena Viridis is a biological microscopic organism.. Very much alive, so is Euglena, amoeba and an ant and oh yes an elephant needs a soul to make them alive because this organisms are pretty much alive just like you are?

So since according to you soul makes man alive, what makes an ant alive?
soul.
Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by johnydon22(m): 9:56pm On Aug 25, 2015
malvisguy212:
soul.
Oh nice SOUL keeps both microscopic organisms alive too, i like that...and it is eternal too? grin i like this

Then i don't see any reason why you need your biological anatomy to be alive... So why do you rely on your heart pumping blood to be alive since you have a soul which allegedly is responsible for your being alive?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by Fruit4you: 10:42pm On Aug 25, 2015
malvisguy212:
NO. Soul began to exist when God breath on man.
Genesis 2:7
7 then the Lord God formed the man of
dust from the ground and breathed
into his nostrils the breath of life, and
the man became a living creature.

This is also the creation myth for Greek mythology but the titans, I think Prometheus, breathed life into the first man after making him out of the clay from the Earth.
Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by Fruit4you: 10:49pm On Aug 25, 2015
Admiral49:
Why do Athiest belief there is no GOD? and if they die where do they think they will go to? Oya make una begin talk oo...

Why should I? I don't have a reason to believe in any God. One god has just about as much evidence for his existence as another god does. If you're going to ask me why I don't believe in any God I'm going to ask you why you don't believe in most gods.
Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by malvisguy212: 5:13am On Aug 26, 2015
johnydon22:
Oh nice SOUL keeps both microscopic organisms alive too, i like that...and it is eternal too? grin i like this

Then i don't see any reason why you need your biological anatomy to be alive... So why do you rely on your heart pumping blood to be alive since you have a soul which allegedly is responsible for your being alive?
are you denying, man don't have soul ?
Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by johnydon22(m): 8:52am On Aug 26, 2015
malvisguy212:
are you denying, man don't have soul ?
Yes i deny anything that is not based on evidence. . . You only assert a soul because you read it in the bible and that is it (seriously because an ancient primitive book whose writers didn't even know of other planets said so)... How can you postulate such based on just your convictions and not based on empirical evidence and expect it to be taken as a universal truth..

The far we know, you are alive because of the countless neuroperceptive activities, organ interactions and quakes of countless cells in mutual activities and that is it.. Those biological components of you keeps you alive unless of course you would like us to experiment, would remove your heart since you don't need it to be alive, your soul can do the job

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by malvisguy212: 6:40pm On Aug 26, 2015
johnydon22:
Yes i deny anything that is not based on evidence. . . You only assert a soul because you read it in the bible and that is it (seriously because an ancient primitive book whose writers didn't even know of other planets said so)... How can you postulate such based on just your convictions and not based on empirical evidence and expect it to be taken as a universal truth..

The far we know, you are alive because of the countless neuroperceptive activities, organ interactions and quakes of countless cells in mutual activities and that is it.. Those biological components of you keeps you alive unless of course you would like us to experiment, would remove your heart since you don't need it to be alive, your soul can do the job
in other word : Humankind allegedly evolved from rocks and slime over billions of years. ? Keep on deceiving your self.
Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by johnydon22(m): 6:59pm On Aug 26, 2015
malvisguy212:
in other word : Humankind allegedly evolved from rocks and slime over billions of years. ? Keep on deceiving your self.
In other words "I don't claim to know how anything started, and for the fact we lack this knowledge is a call for more study, scrutiny, observations of available facts so we can ascertain how it actually happened not base your conclusions on the supersitions of ancient primitive men who probably didn't know where the sun went when it set.. And you believe it by faith instead of being certain of it.

I'd rather base my confidence on reason, plausibilities and knowledge than base my belief on faith, which is blind by definition.
Believing something by faith is the most dishonest position there is because it is an assertion of stoic conviction assumed without reason and defended against reason. If you have to believe it on faith, you have no reason to believe it at all.

why not we strive to know how things actually happened and gain the actual knowledge of what is than rely on absurd supersition where you lack knowledge.. I wonder who is decieving himself here...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? by Weah96: 7:15pm On Aug 26, 2015
malvisguy212:

Our bodies did. The conscious observer is another story altogether. Science doesn't know what it is.

Cogito ergo sum is still the rule though.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome And His daughters share Christmas photoshoot. (photo) / Not Enough Room In Heaven For Everyone / Top Three Spiritual Fathers In Nigeria With Global Impact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.