Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,666 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Dealing With Rejection - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dealing With Rejection (467 Views)

Dealing With Evil Money (occult Money) / Hunger Is Dealing With Me. / Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dealing With Rejection by Loveaflame(m): 4:29pm On Aug 23, 2015
How do people deal with rejection?

By trying to belong and please some folks. I say that is a myopic way of dealing with such FEELINGS.

Yes, you that read that right.

REJECTION is a just a FEELING and nothing more.

How do I deal with rejection even though I have never been affected by it seriously sincerely speaking. I remember my late mum accusing me of been a proud person in the family because I refuse to make myself a doormat for my elder brother and others. I simply told her what I will never accept when I become big is what I am rejecting now. She was dazed with my reply.

So, how do you deal with rejection?

See yourself the way God sees you and not the way people see you. The way you have accepted people's feelings and thoughts towards you that are negative is what rejection is always about.

You are made in the image and likeness of God and anyone who sees you less than that is really having a mental problem which shouldn't be shared with you.

Never look at people's opinions to define yourself. You look at God's opinions to do that. The Bible declares,

"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

I feel what God feels about me and never the negative feelings or attitudes of people towards me. I am what God says I am even though it has not manifested. Man's interpretation of who I am is in the figment of their imaginations.

I remembered last year when some folks who called themselves ministers of The Gospel on Facebook ganged up together against me calling me different kinds of negative names that are not written in God's dictionary for my life. Was I scared and feel rejected? God forbid! They were not in my world so how can they make feel rejected when I am totally accepted in the beloved?

Do you know one of my secrets verse for staying on this game in my field a midst criticisms and back-stabbings? Let me show you in Isaiah 55:8-9

"8 “My thoughts are completely different from yours,” says the Lord. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. 9 For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts."

Did you read that well?

I resonate with God's thoughts and not with man's. I think the higher thoughts of God and not the low ones who don't know about my relationship with God.

What am I trying to tell you this day, as a genuine child of God you have no business with rejection for Christ's sake. Anyone or group of people that make you feel rejected deserves your pity and never your pains.

Don't go pity party because you feel you have been rejected. All you ever needed in life is God. When you truly get God, you will definitely attract those that will appreciate your worth in life.

Whatever is making you feel this way or whoever is making you to feel the way is not worth your valued attention or energy. When some folks think by their actions they can make me feel this way by their utterances or actions I simply shake my head at their ignorance because they really have no clue of who I am and who I am about to become. Let this truth be crystallized in your mind.

"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." Psalm 139:14

Don't ever feel discouraged and dejected because someone told you that you are ugly, poor. dull, dunce, not social, retarded, poor, failed etc. For God's sake such a person or persons deserve the greatest award of CHRONIC BLIND FELLOW(S).

Ask those who have known me since I became born again at 17, I am ever full of life and enthusiasm. All the accolades of criticisms and negative remarks I received from family and friends then never held sway over my life let alone throw me into rejection mode. God forbid!

How can such?

When I know I am the son of The King of kings, The Lords of lords, The President of all presidents and till recent son of The Chief Supreme Commander of The Universe. Whao!! What a lovely heritage.

I remember in my early twenties when I proposed to some sisters and they looked down on me and refused my proposals, I simply pitied them because they could not see who I was going to be. That didn't make me feel rejected.

What is making you feel rejected?

My dear, the opinions of men don't count when it comes to who you are in God and who you can be in Him. So how should you handle rejection?

Simple!

Fall in love with God and with His plans for your life. Fall in love with yourself and who you are going to become in Him. Value your worth in His eyes and never in the eyes of men. Follow the equation below.

GOD + ME + HIS LOVE = FULFILLED LIFE

GOD + ME - HIS LOVE + NEGATIVE OPINIONS = REJECTION

Discard those feelings because they are just projections from the mindset of naive people who have no clue of who you are in Christ even though some of them might claim they are also followers of Christ.

Feel good about yourself and walk tall and high but not with arrogance or ignorance though. You are the best thing to ever happen on planet earth. You are a rare gift to your generation. You are unique in every sense. Let no one demean you and spoil your joy in Christ. No one can make me feel rejected because I have been ejected from self pity and elevated to God's divine status.

To all who are experiencing rejection in one form or the other I challenge you today to drop that baggage because it was never meant for you. Let all the owners of rejections carry their loads back in Jesus name. Halleluyah! I feel so excited writing this lovely article to that wonderful child of God in the house today.CHEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www./399414010083253/permalink/1047986245226023/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

HAPPINESS / Overcoming Your Fears / How Much Is The Minimum For Offering?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.