Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Can Roman Catholics Be Saved? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Roman Catholics Be Saved? (1979 Views)

Were The Early Christians Roman Catholics? / How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics / What Are The Differences Between Roman Catholics And Protestants? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Roman Catholics Be Saved? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:28pm On Aug 23, 2015
Can Roman catholics be saved?

Can Roman Catholics be saved? Yes, they can but not if they adhere to Roman Catholic theology. Like anyone else, salvation is found only through faith in Christ alone. Roman Catholics, Mormons, Muslims, etc., are no exception. Salvation is found only by believing the gospel that Jesus died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the dead. This message is received by faith alone, and we can add no works to what Christ has done. This is why the Bible says that we are justified by faith (Romans 5:1) without the works of the law (Ephesians 2:8.).

However, in Roman Catholicism salvation is not by faith alone in Christ alone. In Roman Catholicism, that which is necessary for salvation includes the church (Catechism of the Catholic Church 846), baptism (CCC 1257), penance (CCC 980), sacraments (CCC 1129), service and witness to the faith (CCC 1816), keeping the ten commandments (CCC 2036, 2068, 2070), and detachment from riches (CCC 2556).

In other words, Roman Catholicism teaches works' righteousness and because it does, anyone who seeks salvation in the Roman Catholic system will never find it.

So, Roman Catholics must repent of the false doctrines of the Roman Catholic Church and trust in Christ alone by faith alone for the forgiveness of his or her sins. There is no other way.

1. "Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law," (Rom. 3:28).

2. "For what does the scripture say? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness," (Rom. 4:3).

3. "But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is reckoned as righteousness," (Rom. 4:5).

https://carm.org/can-catholics-be-saved
Re: Can Roman Catholics Be Saved? by Boomboost(m): 10:38pm On Aug 23, 2015
I admire your Christian firmness.
Re: Can Roman Catholics Be Saved? by btoks: 11:01pm On Aug 23, 2015
How can you or Matt Slick be taken seriously when you blatantly misrepresent catholic teaching.
The CC does not teach a works righteousness, get that right and repost.
Re: Can Roman Catholics Be Saved? by nobilis: 12:47am On Aug 24, 2015
This is exactly why I maintain that Christianity is just a silly religion filled with back-stabbers and hypocrites.
Some Christians are talking about ecumenism, while others are seeing how one denomination or the other cannot be saved and therefore have to be avoided.
Yet all these denominations claim to be led by the Holy Spirit.
So this una Holy Spirit must be an intrinsically divisive spirit or it is a spirit of confusion and discord.

Now you have quoted Paul's epistle to the Romans where Paul talked about the value of faith; saying that faith alone is what is needed for salvation.

But you blatantly ignore James' epistle where he boldly stated that Faith without [size=18pt]good works[/size] is dead in itself

You can now see how contradictory your bible is.
And you can now see how confused a bunch you Christians are.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can Roman Catholics Be Saved? by Aizenosa(m): 12:56am On Aug 24, 2015
True Catholicism isn't normal we all get that, but what I don't truly get is dat can u say from d death of Christ to the founding of Protestantism dat no one has made heaven?

Because the apostles passed down teaching through oral and written words, many lost and till today can't be found.

Tradition as defined is the way of life of a people.

Way which has been modified into habits and then into lifestyle such as the way the apostles lived and passed down up till today

Now the bitter truth John 3:16 do we really understand it

For God so LOVED the world that He gave His begotten Son that who so ever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life.

Truly I agree with the above but let me explain it to u

1st remember ananias and sapphira they agreed with the above Love but lost it due to bad works of pride and lies and it got them damination. Acts 5:1-11

2nd remember Peter and Cornelius how LOVE made Peter open up the LOVE of Christ to Cornelius and his household. They received God's Love and they gained salvation Acts 10:1-33

Also take a look at John 13:31-35 (LOVE)

All these put together if u don't have LOVE in Christ and LOVE in ur neighbor (both go together) den u can't attain heaven.

2 Likes

Re: Can Roman Catholics Be Saved? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:38pm On Aug 24, 2015
Boomboost:

I admire your Christian firmness.

To God be all the glory. smiley

1 Like

Re: Can Roman Catholics Be Saved? by tartar9(m): 7:09pm On Aug 24, 2015
so you mean almost all xtians living up to the 16th century will burn in hell. grin xtianity and confusion.
Re: Can Roman Catholics Be Saved? by esere826: 8:06pm On Aug 24, 2015
@olaadegbu

....And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life ; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds. 13And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds . 14Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire 15And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire

I have no opinion
but I'm curious to what all of this means

2 Likes

Re: Can Roman Catholics Be Saved? by johnydon22(m): 8:31pm On Aug 24, 2015
tartar9:
so you mean almost all xtians living up to the 16th century will burn in hell. grin xtianity and confusion.
Catholics make up more than 60% of christians living today, according to our gate man of the pearly gates he has condemned them all to hell literally.... Can someone get any sicker?

1 Like

Re: Can Roman Catholics Be Saved? by italo: 7:43am On Aug 25, 2015
No...Catholics who compiled the Bible in the 4th century and have been teaching the world about Christ from the 1st century can't be saved...

...it is Protestants who only came about in the 16th century and lied that the bible fell from the sky that are saved.

grin

Fooooools!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Roman Catholics Be Saved? by Boomboost(m): 11:32pm On Aug 25, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

To God be all the glory. smiley

Yeah

1 Like

Re: Can Roman Catholics Be Saved? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:57am On Aug 26, 2015
Boomboost:

Can U create a topic bout sexual lust and how to overcome it in a [b]practical[b/] way . Its my spiritual weak point.

Before I create a topic about sexual lust and how to overcome it please peruse the following threads where I have either opened or posted on regarding your question.

https://www.nairaland.com/960112/please-me-fear-por..n..o..graphy-addict#up

https://www.nairaland.com/1797471/what-makes-sexuality-sin-such#24758132
Re: Can Roman Catholics Be Saved? by tartar9(m): 11:46am On Aug 28, 2015
johnydon22:
Catholics make up more than 60% of christians living today, according to our gate man of the pearly gates he has condemned them all to hell literally.... Can someone get any sicker?
if anything catholics have far more claim over xtianity.
Re: Can Roman Catholics Be Saved? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 28, 2015
confused and arrogant set of people! one person is saying another person wont be saved. how sure are you that you are saved?
Re: Can Roman Catholics Be Saved? by Scholar8200(m): 2:03pm On Aug 28, 2015
tartar9:
if anything catholics have far more claim over xtianity.
That's not correct! Do you have proof?
Re: Can Roman Catholics Be Saved? by Demmzy15(m): 3:44pm On Aug 28, 2015
OLAADEGBU I must report you to the DSS, see how you excommunicated a whole billion people just because you have little differences. Don't you know you can cause war? undecided

1 Like

Re: Can Roman Catholics Be Saved? by Rilwayne001: 3:57pm On Aug 28, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Salvation is found only by believing the gospel that Jesus died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the dead.

There you ago again the ever confused Olaadegbu. What Gospel was Jesus talking about in Luke 4:43? Is it the same as the one you wanted us to believe above?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Roman Catholics Be Saved? by Ubenedictus(m): 12:14am On Aug 29, 2015
Scholar8200:
That's not correct! Do you have proof?
where were d protestant in d first 1600yrs of christianity

1 Like

Re: Can Roman Catholics Be Saved? by Scholar8200(m): 5:20pm On Aug 29, 2015
Ubenedictus:
where were d protestant in d first 1600yrs of christianity
The tenor of the post I replied suggests to me that we weigh the impact based not on timing but Truths discovered, circulated and published!

1 Like

Re: Can Roman Catholics Be Saved? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:48am On Aug 30, 2015
Rilwayne001:

There you ago again the ever confused Olaadegbu. What Gospel was Jesus talking about in Luke 4:43? Is it the same as the one you wanted us to believe above?

You should rather ask whether it is the same gospel that your Qur'an claimed Allah gave to Jesus? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Roman Catholics Be Saved? by Ubenedictus(m): 12:59pm On Aug 30, 2015
Scholar8200:
The tenor of the post I replied suggests to me that we weigh the impact based not on timing but Truths discovered, circulated and published!
wat truths are u talling abt?
Re: Can Roman Catholics Be Saved? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:19am On Sep 10, 2015
btoks:

How can you or Matt Slick be taken seriously when you blatantly misrepresent catholic teaching.
The CC does not teach a works righteousness, get that right and repost.

The main catholic teaching has been addressed on this thread==>https://www.nairaland.com/2422498/list-false-teachings-roman-catholic
Re: Can Roman Catholics Be Saved? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:41pm On Sep 15, 2015
nobilis:

This is exactly why I maintain that Christianity is just a silly religion filled with back-stabbers and hypocrites.
Some Christians are talking about ecumenism, while others are seeing how one denomination or the other cannot be saved and therefore have to be avoided.
Yet all these denominations claim to be led by the Holy Spirit.
So this una Holy Spirit must be an intrinsically divisive spirit or it is a spirit of confusion and discord.

Now you have quoted Paul's epistle to the Romans where Paul talked about the value of faith; saying that faith alone is what is needed for salvation.

But you blatantly ignore James' epistle where he boldly stated that Faith without [size=18pt]good works[/size] is dead in itself

You can now see how contradictory your bible is.
And you can now see how confused a bunch you Christians are.

Rather, it is you that is confused. Wise men still seek Jesus. cool
Re: Can Roman Catholics Be Saved? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:44pm On Sep 15, 2015
Aizenosa:

True Catholicism isn't normal we all get that, but what I don't truly get is dat can u say from d death of Christ to the founding of Protestantism dat no one has made heaven?

Because the apostles passed down teaching through oral and written words, many lost and till today can't be found.

Tradition as defined is the way of life of a people.

Way which has been modified into habits and then into lifestyle such as the way the apostles lived and passed down up till today

Now the bitter truth John 3:16 do we really understand it

For God so LOVED the world that He gave His begotten Son that who so ever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life.

Truly I agree with the above but let me explain it to u

1st remember ananias and sapphira they agreed with the above Love but lost it due to bad works of pride and lies and it got them damination. Acts 5:1-11

2nd remember Peter and Cornelius how LOVE made Peter open up the LOVE of Christ to Cornelius and his household. They received God's Love and they gained salvation Acts 10:1-33

Also take a look at John 13:31-35 (LOVE)

All these put together if u don't have LOVE in Christ and LOVE in ur neighbor (both go together) den u can't attain heaven.

Get this fact right. We don't attain salvation we obtain it by faith alone in Christ alone. smiley
Re: Can Roman Catholics Be Saved? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:45pm On Sep 15, 2015
tartar9:

Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved. smiley
Re: Can Roman Catholics Be Saved? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:47pm On Sep 15, 2015
esere826:

@olaadegbu

I have no opinion
but I'm curious to what all of this means

Those who come to the judgment throne whose names are not written in the book of life will be judged based on their deeds, and as we know No one will be jusitified by the deeds but by faith in the finished work of Christ on the Cross which qualifies us to have our names written in the book of life. Such will not be judged.
Re: Can Roman Catholics Be Saved? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:49pm On Sep 15, 2015
johnydon22:

Only Noah and his family were saved during the great deluge. Don't think numbers will dissuade God.
Re: Can Roman Catholics Be Saved? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:51pm On Sep 15, 2015
italo:

No...Catholics who compiled the Bible in the 4th century and have been teaching the world about Christ from the 1st century can't be saved...

...it is Protestants who only came about in the 16th century and lied that the bible fell from the sky that are saved.

grin

Fooooools!

Both Catholics and Protestants can be saved if they repent and trust in Jesus Christ alone as their Lord and Saviour. smiley
Re: Can Roman Catholics Be Saved? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:53pm On Sep 15, 2015
Demmzy15:

OLAADEGBU I must report you to the DSS, see how you excommunicated a whole billion people just because you have little differences. Don't you know you can cause war? undecided

Like the war between the Sunnis and the Shiites? One with God is in the majority.
Re: Can Roman Catholics Be Saved? by johnydon22(m): 3:57pm On Sep 15, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Only Noah and his family were saved during the great deluge. Don't think numbers will dissuade God.
It connotes a lot more barbaric and sicker concept
Re: Can Roman Catholics Be Saved? by kokoA(m): 10:30pm On Sep 15, 2015
Celebration of ignorance. Smh.
Re: Can Roman Catholics Be Saved? by misreal(m): 7:11am On Sep 16, 2015
OLAADEGBU:
Can Roman catholics be saved?

https://carm.org/can-catholics-be-saved
this is the harsh truth. if the whole world disobeys God, then the whole world will perish in hell. he is a holy and righteous God.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Book Of Revelation Is Not From The Creator Of The Universe / What You Never Knew About The Bible/William Shakespeare (shocking & genius) / 8 Reasons Why The Shroud Of Turin Might Be The Burial Cloth Of Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.