Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,318 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

How To Identify A Fake Tecno Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Identify A Fake Tecno Phone (1298 Views)

I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again / 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do / Differentiating Between An Original And A Fake Tecno Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Identify A Fake Tecno Phone by tanfani: 6:53am On Aug 24, 2015
I got an email from a very disturbed fan a few weeks back. He was the laughing stock of his friends because he’d bought a fake Tecno phone. A few days later, I found myself in the company of some guy bragging about how customized his Tecno M3 was. I happen to own a Tecno M3 (which I nick-named “Lazarus” because it died many times but somehow rose each time) so I decided to take a look at this Mystery phone. Yes, he’d changed the fonts and UI (I really wonder why this is most people’s definition of “Customized”) but aside from those, it felt like a regular Tecno M3. Something I couldn’t put a finger on felt off….and then I figured it out…it was a cloned (fake) Tecno M3.

Are the IMEI and VC code a true test to check if a Tecno phone is original?

My first encounter with a fake (cloned) Tecno phone was with a forum member whose Tecno M3 proved mighty stubborn. I had to employ some dev tactics to get it to work but couldn’t explain why it defied traditional fixes, not until I encountered a fake one myself.

Just like you reading this post, I Googled “How to check if a Tecno phone is original or fake” and I came across many posts but all said essentially the same thing in many ways which – in summary – was for you to go to http://gc.tecno-mobile.com/ , enter your IMEI and VC code then select click Submit (as shown in the image below) .

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2776605_hovatebloghowtocheckifatecnophoneisoriginalorfake_jpegffcd289116e1f2eff9d75ce41ff0a45a

As a Tech. enthusiast, I was very disappointed to see many well respected Nigerian Tech. blogs put up fancy tutorials around this and feel justified. The above IMEI-VC method of checking if a Tecno phone is original is just like:

Q: Please, where is the Tecno office?
A: Just look for any building with Tecno written anywhere on it and you’re there!

As ridiculous as that sounds, that’s essentially what the above method is.

Read the full article at the Source: https://plus.google.com/116652750662576629438/posts

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Fake Tecno Phone by Dygeasy(m): 9:46am On Aug 24, 2015
Then how the fvck are Tecno Fanboys supposed to know how to identify a Tecno phone? Cos you haven't stated any way here.

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Fake Tecno Phone by Fatalveli(m): 9:48am On Aug 24, 2015
OP, we need a proof.
Re: How To Identify A Fake Tecno Phone by deanoffaculty: 10:08am On Aug 24, 2015
How to identify fake tecno phones? I beg wetin be tecno phones b4...... No be fake?

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Fake Tecno Phone by tanfani: 10:08am On Aug 24, 2015
Dygeasy:
Then how the fvck are Tecno Fanboys supposed to know how to identify a Tecno phone? Cos you haven't stated any way here.

The full article is at the source link. the Nairaland bot wouldnt allow me post the complete article
Re: How To Identify A Fake Tecno Phone by tanfani: 10:09am On Aug 24, 2015
Fatalveli:
OP, we need a proof.

The full article is at the source link. the Nairaland bot wouldnt allow me post the complete article
Re: How To Identify A Fake Tecno Phone by acenazt: 10:25am On Aug 24, 2015
Aren't all tecno fake?

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Fake Tecno Phone by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 24, 2015
Sotey fake tecno dey. Hian!

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Fake Tecno Phone by hokaamoy: 1:14pm On Aug 24, 2015
I don't think you know the meaning of fake. Dry joke *yawn*
acenazt:
Aren't all tecno fake?
Re: How To Identify A Fake Tecno Phone by acenazt: 2:15pm On Aug 24, 2015
hokaamoy:
I don't think you know the meaning of fake. Dry joke *yawn*
i dont blame u. Wen we dey max Xperias una dey rock Tecno how e no go be original to you

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Fake Tecno Phone by bobo65(m): 2:47pm On Aug 24, 2015
deanoffaculty:
How to identify fake tecno phones? I beg wetin be tecno phones b4...... No be fake?

the tin tire me o

which kain weird thread be this

just like sayin how to know if a sick man is sick

3 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Fake Tecno Phone by deanoffaculty: 3:16pm On Aug 24, 2015
bobo65:

the tin tire me o

grin grin
Re: How To Identify A Fake Tecno Phone by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 24, 2015
deanoffaculty:

I wonder oooh..any smart phone that does not comply with gpl licence is fake

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Fake Tecno Phone by ChidinmaRose(f): 8:41pm On Aug 26, 2015
wow, so there are fake Tecnos?
Re: How To Identify A Fake Tecno Phone by ChidinmaRose(f): 8:42pm On Aug 26, 2015
Na wa o, why you go dey talk like this?

bobo65:

the tin tire me o

(1) (Reply)

Everyone Already Hates THIS New Iphone Feature... / Glo New Data Plan. 1GB For 1K And More. Impressive. / How To Make Google Chrome Browse More Faster On Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.