Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,137 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:49 AM

A Winning Email Marketing Strategy - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / A Winning Email Marketing Strategy (594 Views)

39 Winning Ways Ideas To Become A Pro Blogger And Freelancer / Drupal 8 Features That Boost Online Marketing Strategy / Get Content Marketing Strategy Free Infographic Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Winning Email Marketing Strategy by webguyguru: 2:31pm On Aug 24, 2015
I've not done many email marketing campaigns and I've been remiss, because there are times when an email marketing campaign fits the bill. Content marketing, now known as the new advertising, is an excellent way to maintain contact with clients and cultivate prospects and that strategy forms the basis of email marketing campaigns.

What I needed to do was learn how to craft an effective email message that delivers information that readers will value; create a catchy subject line; avoid sending emails that appear to be spam; and reach out to those with money and motive to do business with my organization. In other words, I had to learn how to do a proper email marketing campaign. To that end, I invite you to copy my homework.

1. A good list

Everyone on your email list should want to receive your emails. Include a safe unsubscribe feature to allow those who would rather not receive your communications to opt out. When collecting names, ask the person if s/he would like to receive email updates from you.

To track emails sent, consider investing in Did They Read It, which will report to you the open (read) rate of your campaigns. The popular email marketing platform Constant Contact will for a reasonable fee both send your campaign emails and report their open rate as well.

According to the Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark study done by the marketing firm Silverpop in 2012, the average email campaign open rate is 20%. The click-through rate, that is, the measure of how many readers clicked on a link that was embedded in your email and the conversion rate, meaning the percentage of recipients who signed up for a special offer, made an inquiry, or made a purchase, reveals the value of your email list. Still, the basic open rate is a very telling measure because nothing happens until the email is read.

2. Information, not sales

A few paragraphs that give newsworthy updates about the industries of your principle client groups, or info that can be used to help list members solve a common problem, will greatly improve your email open rate.

Be mindful that an email marketing campaign is not the forum in which you swing for the fences and attempt to score a big sale or assignment. Rather, your campaign is the place to let your expertise shine as you offer no-cost value to current and prospective clients.

3. Subject line that pops

Be edgy and provocative. Be witty and amusing. Do not be boring. When your recipients are faced with a huge stack of emails to work through, entice them to open yours.

4. Eye candy

A picture is worth 1,000 words, so add a good photo or two to your email, one that communicates some aspect of your message. A short video of you speaking on a relevant topic, or a testimonial by one of your clients, are also compelling.

5. Easy call to action

Ask the recipient to take some action on the information that you've provided: take a survey, sign up to receive a free 30 minute consultation, sign up for your newsletter. Resist the temptation to go for the jugular and force a sale in your email marketing campaign. The more successful strategy is to persuade the recipient to make some small contact with you that appears to bring more benefit to them than it does to you. Build trust and familiarity first and you will become the obvious choice when your services are needed.

Read more by following here http://www.uchesonpost.com/2015/08/a-winning-email-marketing-strategy.html
Re: A Winning Email Marketing Strategy by ultrazone(m): 12:13am On Jan 28, 2016

(1) (Reply)

For Reliable Web Hosting Solution / Apowersoft Screen Recorder Pro + Video Download Capture Personal License / How To Verify Dubai Adsense Account In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.