Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,471 members, 7,846,967 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 08:34 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4468328 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1201) (1202) (1203) (1204) (1205) (1206) (1207) ... (3686) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 1:03am On Aug 02, 2019
beebah247:
Good morning everyone.
I have benefited a lot from this thread and I will first of all like to appreciate all contributors so far. I have been following the thread because I had it in mind that in a short time I would be needing information about construction for a project I intend to start next year.

Being a novice I have followed all discussions with keen interest such that with what I have gathered so far from this thread I can have one or two contributions whenever construction is being discussed. So again many thanks to all those that have made this happened.

At this point I am negotiating a piece of land in Aguda, Surulere. I have attached the survey plan for the land, though actual measurements has shown that there probably has been an encroachment on the land as we got 15m * 27.8m after the exercise.

This plot is to be acquired by myself and a friend, and we will then divided into two equals. At the end of the day what I will be entitled to is half of this plot which will be a 7.5m * 27.8m.

There are however concerns from a few people we have consulted so far that this will be too small to construct anything meaningful. That there will be no space and the rooms will be too small.

What I intend to have on the land is a 2 storey building of 4 bedroom apartment on the ground floor for myself and my family, then 2 units of 2 bedroom on the other two floors, with parking space for just two cars.

I have gone round some areas around ebute metta and it's environs, and I have seen very nice structures built on equally narrow plots, though I didn't measure to check if those were more than the 7.5m we will have here or more.

At this point we need to make a decision fast so we don't appear unserious, and at the same time we need to confirm if the size of this land can work for the purpose we have in mind for it.

My fellows here, please I need honest and professional advice. Can this building I have in mind sit comfortably on this 7.5m * 27.8m land? If it can, will it be choked up as some have feared?

If this land cannot accommodate this building, what will be the best option for me on this land considering the fact that I want to have something on it I can stay with my family and some others to bring in rental income.

I thank everyone that would be contributing to this in advance.

Not sure it may fit a 4 bedroom completely with needed facilities.
It can take a 3 bedroom on the ground floor and the required 2 units-2 bedroom on the upper level.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 6:38am On Aug 02, 2019
beebah247:
Good morning everyone.
I have benefited a lot from this thread and I will first of all like to appreciate all contributors so far. I have been following the thread because I had it in mind that in a short time I would be needing information about construction for a project I intend to start next year.

Being a novice I have followed all discussions with keen interest such that with what I have gathered so far from this thread I can have one or two contributions whenever construction is being discussed. So again many thanks to all those that have made this happened.

At this point I am negotiating a piece of land in Aguda, Surulere. I have attached the survey plan for the land, though actual measurements has shown that there probably has been an encroachment on the land as we got 15m * 27.8m after the exercise.

This plot is to be acquired by myself and a friend, and we will then divided into two equals. At the end of the day what I will be entitled to is half of this plot which will be a 7.5m * 27.8m.

There are however concerns from a few people we have consulted so far that this will be too small to construct anything meaningful. That there will be no space and the rooms will be too small.

What I intend to have on the land is a 2 storey building of 4 bedroom apartment on the ground floor for myself and my family, then 2 units of 2 bedroom on the other two floors, with parking space for just two cars.

I have gone round some areas around ebute metta and it's environs, and I have seen very nice structures built on equally narrow plots, though I didn't measure to check if those were more than the 7.5m we will have here or more.

At this point we need to make a decision fast so we don't appear unserious, and at the same time we need to confirm if the size of this land can work for the purpose we have in mind for it.

My fellows here, please I need honest and professional advice. Can this building I have in mind sit comfortably on this 7.5m * 27.8m land? If it can, will it be choked up as some have feared?

If this land cannot accommodate this building, what will be the best option for me on this land considering the fact that I want to have something on it I can stay with my family and some others to bring in rental income.

What I can advise you is for two of you to agree to build a common apartment and share what comes from it. 7.5m is too small. If it's up to 9m then it can be managed.

See this design I made here... That can enter the land... And further, I can redesigned to have basement car park on one side of the ground floor...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 6:41am On Aug 02, 2019
beebah247:

Thanks for your response. Could you help with the exact dimensions of the half plot of land you built this 6 bedroom duplex on?

What I intend to have on it is a 4 bedroom on the ground floor, and 2 units of 2 bedrooms on the other 2 floors.

Whats the dimensions of your land...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 6:43am On Aug 02, 2019
Dubemcapital1:

It's 30ft by 100ft that's 9 by 30m. But we have enough space behind the house that was used for soakaway /septic tank and good space at the front for at least 3cars comfortably...

This plot can enter good designs with car park
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by beebah247: 7:29am On Aug 02, 2019
Dennis3D:

What I can advise you is for two of you to agree to build a common apartment and share what comes from it. 7.5m is too small. If it's up to 9m then it can be managed.

See this design I made here... That can enter the land... And further, I can redesigned to have basement car park on one side of the ground floor...

Thanks for the response. If it is up to 9m what will bet the length of the set backs on all sides. I heard from someone the Lagos State government has a set back requirement of 3m on all sides and 6m in front to approve any building plan, how true is this?

I see a lot of buildings in Lagos here that don't have more than 1m set back on all sides except the front. How do these buildings get approval from Lagos State government. I will appreciate information on this as well.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 9:13am On Aug 02, 2019
mountmoriah:

1. A tonne of 16mm local rod @N218, 000 per ton

2. A tonne of 12mm local rod @N218, 000 per ton

3. A tonne of 10mm local rod @N223, 000 per ton

4. Dangote 3X Cement @N2, 600

5. Tonnage of sharp sand 10tons @N35, 000, 20tons@N57, 000 30tons @N67, 000)

6. Laterite filling sand (prices in 10tons@N15, 000, 20tons@N25, 000 and 30 tons@N35, 000)

7. Damp-proof membrane (prices in various sizes if applicable)

8. Marine Board.

9. Block, moulded with stone dust - 9 inches. @N200

10. Block, moulded with stone dust - 6 inches. @N150

11. 2 x 3 wood @N350

12. 1 x 12 and 2 X 2 wood (1x12@N1, 300 and 2x2@N250)

13. Tonnage of Granite
10tons N65, 000
20tones N125, 000
30 tonnes N155, 000

14. Binding Wire @N8, 500

15. 20mm PPR pipe tick @N1, 000

16. 32mm PPR pipe @N2, 200

17. 40mm cold water supply pipe @N850

18. Prices for 50mm @N900/N1000 and 75mm@N1, 300/N1500 waste water pipe.

19. 100mm sewage pipe @N1, 800

20. Refrigerant pipes with Armaflex insulation in 63mm sleeve @N1400/N2,200

21. 32mm condensate pip with insulation
22. Original Dignity (red text label) uPVC conduit pipe.
23. Original ABB 6-way TPN distribution board.
24. Original Kabel Metal cables in various colors that exist (black, red, green etc) and in various sizes - 2.5mm, 4mm, 6mm etc.

For your building project call: 08130223036, WhatsApp 09069523526, email: mountproperties@outlook.com

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ashleysummer: 9:32am On Aug 02, 2019
I'm looking for how to model/represent glass office partitions

I guess it should be made up of small alum frame to perimeter (say 25-40mm wide) with 6-10mm glass - usually butt joints no mullions and then there is a mullion beside door, with frame going over top of door and forming jamb

anyone set up a construction like this?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 10:01am On Aug 02, 2019
beebah247:

Thanks for the response. If it is up to 9m what will bet the length of the set backs on all sides. I heard from someone the Lagos State government has a set back requirement of 3m on all sides and 6m in front to approve any building plan, how true is this?

I see a lot of buildings in Lagos here that don't have more than 1m set back on all sides except the front. How do these buildings get approval from Lagos State government. I will appreciate information on this as well.

Statutorily, its 6 - 3 -3 -3 Set back for lagos state building regulation. However, that people are doing it wrong shouldn't make it right. Also note that there a design can be structured to at least meet minimum requirements
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by beebah247: 5:23pm On Aug 02, 2019
Dennis3D:

Statutorily, its 6 - 3 -3 -3 Set back for lagos state building regulation. However, that people are doing it wrong shouldn't make it right. Also note that there a design can be structured to at least meet minimum requirements

Can you please email me your contact number adeolubi@gmail.com
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 6:47pm On Aug 02, 2019
Check your email.

beebah247:

Can you please email me your contact number adeolubi@gmail.com
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dfameguy: 2:30am On Aug 03, 2019
Hello good morning everyone customers and friends
I deal with kings building materials such as tile,granite, marble,door, and sanitary Ware ,easy ideals global I Sam by name our price is affordable we do home delivery within Lagos is free, anything you need to known about I mentioned feel free to ask ,u can get with this 09085212244
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RedMapleConsult(m): 8:46am On Aug 03, 2019
Dennis3D:

If you are talking about Statutories and doing it right, remember LAS requirements for the percentage of built and unbuilt areas as well as total landscape/ green areas, No of vehicles.Etc

If you totally going to do it right, then there's no need going round it, a half plot will not accommodate much

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dubemcapital1(m): 8:48am On Aug 03, 2019
beebah247:

Thanks for the response. If it is up to 9m what will bet the length of the setbacks on all sides. I heard from someone the Lagos State government has a set back requirement of 3m on all sides and 6m in front to approve any building plan, how true is this?

I see a lot of buildings in Lagos here that don't have more than 1m set back on all sides except the front. How do these buildings get approval from Lagos State government? I will appreciate information on this as well.

3m on all sides? That's not true, with such setbacks even a full polt will not be useful..... Here

Airspaces for Residential

Standard – 3m both sides.
Substandard – 1.5m one side
Others – 3m between main building & B/Q and 4.5m in special areas 6m between buildings of two (2) floors and above.

Rear Airspace
Standard – 3m
Substandard – 1.5m
Others – 4.5m if height is up to 4 floors

So you can do 1.5m, there are many houses in Lagos that was built on below half plot.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dubemcapital1(m): 8:50am On Aug 03, 2019
RedMapleConsult:

If you are talking about Statutories and doing it right, remember LAS requirements for the percentage of built and unbuilt areas as well as total landscape/ green areas, No of vehicles.Etc

If you totally going to do it right, then there's no need going round it, a half plot will not accommodate much

That's very much better
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by paparazzi82: 11:08am On Aug 03, 2019
westliverenterp:
Hello house; Can a half plot of land accommodates 2units of 2bedroom flats bungalow and a bq...
Sure it can
Am presently building 3bedroom duplex and 2units of 2bedroom flat on a 30 by 120 plot
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by paparazzi82: 11:10am On Aug 03, 2019
beebah247:
Good morning everyone.

For sure this is achievable. Presently constructing a 3bedroom duplex and 2units of 2bedroom duplex on a 30 by 120plot. It's best u go for that too
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RedMapleConsult(m): 4:10pm On Aug 03, 2019
paparazzi82:

For sure this is achievable. Presently constructing a 3bedroom duplex and 2units of 2bedroom duplex on a 30 by 120plot. It's best u go for that too

Yours is 30 by 120 and He's talking about 25 by 92. There's a huge difference, about 115 square meters difference.
By Area, His plot is 2/3 of yours.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 6:58pm On Aug 03, 2019
RedMapleConsult:

Yours is 30 by 120 and He's talking about 25 by 92. There's a huge difference, about 115 square meters difference.
By Area, His plot is 2/3 of yours.
that is how they will be confusing people upadan. That land wont contain what you want to build. Consult your architect for a better advice

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PropertiesPro(m): 10:45pm On Aug 03, 2019
Damp proof membrane 20kg #7000 (about 3.5 x 25m)
50kg - #18,000 (about 4 x 45m)
BeLiveLife:
Hello everyone, trust you're well.

Could someone with good knowledge of building material prices give me the latest price for each of the following materials in Lagos please?

(I hope to have a good idea of the current prices of building materials. Apologies for the long list).

Note: The proposed building location is at Ibeju Lekki, Lagos.

1. A tonne of 16mm original TMT steel reinforcement.

2. A tonne of 12mm original TMT steel reinforcement.

3. A tonne of 10mm original TMT steel reinforcement.

4. Dangote 3X Cement.

5. Tonnage of sharp sand (prices in 10, 20 and 30 tonnes please).

6. Laterite filling sand (prices in 10, 20 and 30 tonnes please).

7. Damp-proof membrane (prices in various sizes if applicable).

8. Marine Board.

9. Block, moulded with stone dust - 9 inches.

10. Block, moulded with stone dust - 6 inches.

11. 2 x 3 wood.

12. 1 x 12 and 2 X 2 wood.

13. Tonnage of Granite (prices in 10, 20 and 30 tonnes please).

14. Binding Wire.

15. 20mm PPR pipe.

16. 32mm PPR pipe

17. 40mm cold water supply pipe.

18. Prices for 50mm and 75mm waste water pipe.

19. 100mm sewage pipe.

20. Refrigerant pipes with Armaflex insulation in 65mm sleeve.

21. 32mm condensate pip with insulation.

22. Original Dignity (red text label) uPVC conduit pipe.

23. Original ABB 6-way TPN distribution board.

24. Original Kabel Metal cables in various colors that exist (black, red, green etc) and in various sizes - 2.5mm, 4mm, 6mm etc.

Many thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 10:46pm On Aug 03, 2019
ashleysummer:

I guess it should be made up of small alum frame to perimeter (say 25-40mm wide) with 6-10mm glass - usually butt joints no mullions and then there is a mullion beside door, with frame going over top of door and forming jamb

add adedward on this no, 08135810794, for the work, chart me up,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PropertiesPro(m): 10:50pm On Aug 03, 2019
3 bedroom would work downstairs and 2 bedroom upstairs using a linear arrangements pattern with a spiral staircase... (however, the setbacks for the sides would be about 1.5m each but rear and approach will be well spaced which will aid for the two parking space required)... You can contact me anytime any day for a chat or consultation @ 08169887413
beebah247:
Good morning everyone.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ngeasy: 9:20am On Aug 04, 2019
Hello good morning everyone
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ngeasy: 9:21am On Aug 04, 2019
Ngeasy:
Hello good morning everyone
good morning everyone
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by pafra(m): 10:00am On Aug 04, 2019
Please house needs urgent reply.

What is the ratio of sand and cement in plastering.

How many bags of cement do I need to complete a standard room.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:36am On Aug 04, 2019
PropertiesPro:
Damp proof membrane 20kg #7000 (about 3.5 x 25m)
50kg - #18,000 (about 4 x 45m)

For the plumbing and the electrical materials

20mm dignity pipe original 5000
other ones 2500, 3000

25mm dignity pipe original 7000
others 3500, 4500

6-ways DB ABB old type 52500
New type 46000

50mm waste pipe 850
100mm waste pipe 1800
75mm. 1400

Check our signature for more info

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dfameguy: 10:37am On Aug 04, 2019
[Hello Nairaland am osinachi by name i deal with buildingmaterials such as tile granite marble doors sanitaryWare

Here are some of the tile and their makes

THE SIZES OF TILES

1200x1200 made in spanish

600x 1200

100x 100

600x 600

800x 800

4500 x 4500

4500x900

7500x 7500

300x 300

400x400

Type of tiles

Verified tiles

Porcelain tiles

Ceramics tiles
ETC

Swimming pool tiles

Quarry. Tiles

Bricks tiles

Mosaic tile

I.E

Floor tile

Wall tile

Glossy tiles

Maths tiles

All size and colours are available

Makes

Spanish

China

Italian

Nigeria

India

Contact us with this no 08182369377(WhatsApp ) or email osinachicolins20@gmail.com
Our office location is at divine plaza Odu-nade market opposition GTB bank Odu-nade b/stop orile badagry express way Lagos

We here to offer you reliable services with affordable prices
Squote author=Ngeasy post=80922646] good morning everyone[/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dfameguy: 10:40am On Aug 04, 2019
[Hello Nairaland am osinachi by name i deal with buildingmaterials such as tile granite marble doors sanitaryWare

Here are some of the tile and their makes

THE SIZES OF TILES

1200x1200 made in spanish

600x 1200

100x 100

600x 600

800x 800

4500 x 4500

4500x900

7500x 7500

300x 300

400x400

Type of tiles

Verified tiles

Porcelain tiles

Ceramics tiles
ETC

Swimming pool tiles

Quarry. Tiles

Bricks tiles

Mosaic tile

I.E

Floor tile

Wall tile

Glossy tiles

Maths tiles

All size and colours are available

Makes

Spanish

China

Italian

Nigeria

India

Contact us with this no 08182369377(WhatsApp ) or email osinachicolins20@gmail.com
Our office location is at divine plaza Odu-nade market opposition GTB bank Odu-nade b/stop orile badagry express way Lagos

We here to offer you reliable services with affordable prices
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PropertiesPro(m): 10:51am On Aug 04, 2019
About 1:4 or 1:6 depending on the thickness required
pafra:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by goldcorn(f): 12:31pm On Aug 04, 2019
e author=beebah247 post=80823991]Good morning everyone.

I thank everyone that would be contributing to this in advance.[/quote]
It will be enough you can chat me up on 09069193297
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 2:51pm On Aug 04, 2019
ashleysummer:

Talk to dominionng

For the electrical CCTV and all talk to us 08051355133
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by pafra(m): 2:53pm On Aug 04, 2019
pafra:

(1) (2) (3) ... (1201) (1202) (1203) (1204) (1205) (1206) (1207) ... (3686) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: RockOfAgesAlumi(m), lovetext, dannie007(m), michlins(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.