Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1500) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4386768 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1497) (1498) (1499) (1500) (1501) (1502) (1503) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by TBrownAuto(m): 11:59am On Aug 04, 2020
awele186:
Hello guys, can one build 6 terrace duplexs on a land sized at 1300 square meters

Is the land corner piece?, if not what you are referring to is terrace flat or apartment not duplex.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by google1(m): 12:04pm On Aug 04, 2020
femidbuilder:
Does anyone have an idea what costs for top quality plastering costs.

I have a quote for external 800m2 @ between 700 -1200 N per Sq M
And internal 1200 sqM @between 900 -1400 N per Sq M.

All these are just for labor and does not include materials.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by awele186: 12:05pm On Aug 04, 2020
Terrace duplex

Is the land corner piece?, if not what you are referring to is terrace flat or apartment not duplex.
[/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by TBrownAuto(m): 12:19pm On Aug 04, 2020
1st pics terrace duplex they have different entrance

2nd pics terrace flat or apartment one point of entrance

Or what is your definition of duplex? I stand to be corrected

awele186:
Terrace duplex

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by awele186: 12:36pm On Aug 04, 2020
1st pics Sir

[/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 12:42pm On Aug 04, 2020
TBrownAuto:

Honestly, 3M with current cost of material will not get you above 2bedroom bungalow with zinc roof
sliding window, wood door, you will get conduct wiring, and you have good ideal about building personally,
you must knw all the material and compromise on some of the quality.

To be sincere it will get you make I leave landlord house kind of structure. later I go build main structure to demolish this later

greeting to the Oga them, it been long Haji M, Egun himself, Oga Moore, spyder hmmm and the material supplier that I know and used Checkitout I greet you all my paint supplier that later made me angry Gbadesky i vexs shay but I greet you, Oluwa Champion if still here I hail you
My chairman, it's been a while. What seems to be the problem because I wasn't aware there was any issue?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by TBrownAuto(m): 12:44pm On Aug 04, 2020
Plastering pass plastering if you understood what I mean, it depend on the mason job quality and not the amount charged,
quality building with bad plastering is rubbish or none sense to me, make sure you have a skilled mason try to check is other jobs then
consider the price you are paying.

But for normal level job, use this calculation as reference for a room of 12x10 feet is 12k to 15k for exterior a room has four walls, and consider ground work and up level works use decression to consider your budget range

Going for top notch job this my reference will not work

femidbuilder:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by TBrownAuto(m): 12:47pm On Aug 04, 2020
its possible

awele186:
1st pics Sir

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by TBrownAuto(m): 12:50pm On Aug 04, 2020
That painter you recommended, his job is not satisfying, more so the 4drum you said he should pick up he never did or you did not give it to him, was mad just decide to let go

gbadexy:

My chairman, it's been a while. What seems to be the problem because I wasn't aware there was any issue?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 12:58pm On Aug 04, 2020
megacontrol:
Hey man,

Did you finally get your doors sorted?
I was following your door search and inquiry as I'll need to tow that line soon.

What and who did you settle for? is there are thread for your project?

Thanks

Yes I did or I am about to

All internal doors would be wooden, skin door with thick layers and chrome

There are a total of 18 doors. Some with regular frames and others with be with HDF modern frames
Total bargain is around N360,000

For the exit, we have 8 doors, out of which one is 4ft and others regular 3ft.
I'll do 4 American panel and 4 'Nigerian welder' metal door for durability
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 12:59pm On Aug 04, 2020
femidbuilder:

These na Gbese oo.

Kilode?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 1:09pm On Aug 04, 2020
QSFemi:
Plastering shouldn't cost you more than #250/m2 (labour only) - either internal or external.

If you have anyone that will work with this, I wouldn't mind

We want to start plastering soon
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:12pm On Aug 04, 2020
TBrownAuto:

Honestly, 3M with current cost of material will not get you above 2bedroom bungalow with zinc roof
sliding window, wood door, you will get conduct wiring, and you have good ideal about building personally,

To be sincere it will get you make I leave landlord house kind of structure. later I go build main structure to demolish this later

greeting to the Oga them, it been long Haji M, Egun himself, Oga Moore, spyder hmmm and the material supplier that I know and used Checkitout I greet you all my paint supplier that later made me angry Gbadesky i vexs shay but I greet you, Oluwa Champion if still here I hail you

Twale Sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 1:17pm On Aug 04, 2020
TBrownAuto:
That painter you recommended, his job is not satisfying, more so the 4drum you said he should pick up he never did or you did not give it to him, was mad just decide to let go

I owed you 4 drums of emulsion? I offered to give you a drum extra but the painter said you opted to buy it around. I did the 1 free drum of paint and kept it.
You didn't mention this when you called me much later on how to explain to your new painter how to mix the then old paints.
If you had mentioned to me you weren't pleased with his job, I would have advised you not to pay him his balance until you're satisfied.
The said painter is on working suspension due to some complain but that doesn't mean he is not competent nor I won't use him again. They all get carried away sometimes.

Modified: I promised to give 1 free drum and already produced it and told the painter to come pick it. I was not and still is not aware of a 4 drums I owed. I need a refresher.
Thanks sir.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dubemcapital1(m): 2:12pm On Aug 04, 2020
Dennis3D:

Your submissions are valid
Its good for people to understand that the quality of work and the job description as well as materials used in achieving a job is dependent on so many factors.

Just like you rightly stated. Same Bungalow could be done with 5m some can do with 8m. Yeah. Before anyone scream out loud. Find out the composition of the house. Coz difference is always in the taste and the taste is in the difference as the famous noddle company would say.

So I can quite agree with your submissions here. You broke it down well. Especially the points where you said some things can only be gotten free at some points. Because in real sense under normal circumstances, some things ain't as doable as they seem.

Yeah, very realistic o.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dubemcapital1(m): 2:28pm On Aug 04, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I salute you Sir.

You know, I understand your point of view on this perfectly.

Yes sir, people dey go market go buy meat with 200k no mean say person wea carry 2k no go fit buy meat. hope you understand ?

Howbeit, I don't like such low cost project though I can assist my own people if they want to do such project but my best of projects are the ones that will attract photographers when we are done with the site but is very good we know the two.

Thank you sir.

Dubemcapital

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dubemcapital1(m): 3:06pm On Aug 04, 2020
TBrownAuto:

My calculations is based on current market price of materials.

I wish the person in need of the bungalow wants it in the state I am currently working, I would have handled it myself for free, just to prove what am saying. I will equally give him 25yrs guarantee of no crack nor deformation.

Cost control is a process where the construction cost of the project is managed through the best methods and techniques so that the contractor does not suffer losses when carrying out the activities of the project.

So since is a free contractor the definition will end thus: so that the landlord does not suffer losses when carrying out the activities of the project.

Thanks

Dubemcapital

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 3:19pm On Aug 04, 2020
Thanks.

Is the vendor here or external? If here, pls @ the handle or give me their contact.

Much appreciated.

davodyguy:

There are a total of 18 doors. Some with regular frames and others with be with HDF modern frames

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valentine87: 3:36pm On Aug 04, 2020
Ok!!

Which location in Awka do you source them from
gordonbarrett:
Would have loved to, unfortunately I don't have a team. I source for artisans when need arises.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 4:03pm On Aug 04, 2020
TBrownAuto:

The first picture is 3 bedroom Terraced Duplex 3 units on 500sqm

The second picture is 4 Bedroom Terraces Duplex 8 Units on 1200sqm.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 4:04pm On Aug 04, 2020
TBrownAuto:

The first picture is 3 bedroom Terraced Duplex 3 units on 500sqm

The second picture is 4 Bedroom Terraces Duplex 8 Units on 1200sqm.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 4:06pm On Aug 04, 2020
if you are saying for yourself...did you consider so many other small vendors without the means of good credit facility you enjoy from suppliers?if it works for me then ok...everyone else should live with it...i am not vendor or supplier.....while i was building my own house...smallest supplies they mostly request mobilization which is understandable ..

gbadexy:

I can only speak for myself. Paint supply is not that capital intensive except when supplying a mini estate and even at that I still have good credit rating from my suppliers.
The limitation to supplying and getting payment after is the fact that some clients may tell you at the point of delivery they're no longer interested or not even pick calls. I've been told to bring a paint and after running around to get it done the person had already forgotten and told me she no longer needed it.
There are some bored people also that pick up numbers online and start posing like interested clients wasting one's time with never ending questions to keep them company.
It's when there's financial commitment from the client that one is assured of their seriousness and even at that, it's by God's grace one gets their full balance. Although I have been extremely fortunate to deal with the best set of people though I know some aren't so lucky.
I would like a strong message be sent through decisive action on such cases with updates here to serve as a deterrent.
The IRT section of sars track kidnappers and serious offenders if their phone numbers are known. Even to the last location the phone was used. That was how they tracked the killers of a lasu lady in osun state.
Anybody can be tracked if some certain details are known by the security agents.
Lack of communication by HSLbroker is opening room for speculations.
We would like to hear from him.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Moda1: 4:12pm On Aug 04, 2020
Pls share the contractor information.
davodyguy:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jeff68: 4:13pm On Aug 04, 2020
Baba, I contacted theses people and they gave me a ridiculous price!! 55k plus 10k for installation and key�� I am not happy at all.

Can you pls. post pictures of the interior doors you did for 360,000? I am also interested

davodyguy:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ARALADY4U(f): 4:26pm On Aug 04, 2020
Good jobs guys, I am new here but will also like to be contributing anytime I am online, I am a female engineer

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 4:57pm On Aug 04, 2020
dongc:
if you are saying for yourself...did you consider so many other small vendors without the means of good credit facility you enjoy from suppliers?if it works for me then ok...everyone else should live with it...i am not vendor or supplier.....while i was building my own house...smallest supplies they mostly request mobilization which is understandable ..

It's not a matter of a big or small vendor. I'm just trying to say that painting is relatively less capital intensive as other aspects of building supply and why it's necessary to demand for mobilization or advance payment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 4:58pm On Aug 04, 2020
Moda1:
Pls share the contractor information.

Jeff68:
Can you pls. post pictures of the interior doors you did for 360,000? I am also interested

megacontrol:
Thanks.

Is the vendor here or external? If here, pls @ the handle or give me their contact.

Much appreciated.

Hello guys.

Sorry for responding late.

I'm an 'ijebu' man, so I always get quotes from different sources and go for the cheapest that guarantee highest quality.

I met the man on Jiji, thinking he's just the regular supplier, but he invited me to his Showroom/Factory in Mushin.

I went there last Thursday during the Holiday and saw that he's one of the major dealers in Lagos. He sells and also has staff that would do installation.

I called him and told him I'll share his contact with the three of you.

He's a known person and popular in that Olorunsogo Mushin side.

As I said, I like to do aroro And price so te you go pity me.

Please send PM and I'll forward his number to your email.

As I said, I saw his advert on Jiji, called him and he was glad to invite us to his Showroom to see and select what we want

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:59pm On Aug 04, 2020
davodyguy:

Hello guys.

I'm an 'ijebu' man, so I always get quotes from different sources and go for the cheapest that guarantee highest quality.

I met the man on Jiji, thinking he's just the regular supplier, but he invited me to his Showroom/Factory in Mushin.

I went there last Thursday during the Holiday and saw that he's one of the major dealers in Lagos. He sells and also has staff that would do installation.

As I said, I saw his advert on Jiji, called him and he was glad to invite us to his Showroom to see and select what we want

door look beautiful
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 5:04pm On Aug 04, 2020
davodyguy:

Hello guys.

What's the cost of this?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Moda1: 5:14pm On Aug 04, 2020
Wow grin is it coincidence or what . Someone I contacted on nairaland sent me this exact picture 3weeks ago as i pm him for doors .
davodyguy:

Hello guys.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rajput4real93: 5:19pm On Aug 04, 2020
[quote author=davodyguy post=92454982]

Hello guys.

As I said, I saw his advert on Jiji, called him and he was glad to invite us to his Showroom to see and select what we want[/quote
Please make the contact public. I will be interested later. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 5:20pm On Aug 04, 2020
You cannot be more ijebu than a born and breed ijebu boy form both paternal & maternal side.
We need about 65 doors, quality but value for money.

I've sent you a message.

davodyguy:

Hello guys.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1497) (1498) (1499) (1500) (1501) (1502) (1503) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.