Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,878 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1701) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4377174 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1698) (1699) (1700) (1701) (1702) (1703) (1704) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Wingnut007: 7:21pm On Oct 19, 2020
Can a 4 bedroom duplex, attached BQ with two or more parking spaces sit comfortably on a 300sqm piece of land?

Also, what would be rough estimate in terms of cost (estimated cost can be that of carcass or finished) when building such in an area like Sangotedo, Lekki?

Thanks in advance.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 7:34pm On Oct 19, 2020
Jumyg:

Please how can this be resloved.

Remedy would depend on the type of building, nature of the soil and level of dampness (mild or severe).
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 7:36pm On Oct 19, 2020
Wingnut007:
Can a 4 bedroom duplex, attached BQ with two or more parking spaces sit comfortably on a 300sqm piece of land?

Also, what would be rough estimate in terms of cost (estimated cost can be that of carcass or finished) when building such in an area like Sangotedo, Lekki?

Thanks in advance.

Yes it would .

Sangotedo area would need either raft or pile.

Raft foundation to roofing - (15m).
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Wingnut007: 8:59pm On Oct 19, 2020
raymondFirstborn:

Yes it would .

Sangotedo area would need either raft or pile.

Raft foundation to roofing - (15m).

Thanks for the response. Just to be clear Is the estimate above for carcass or finished? I am assuming the living room, kitchen, masters and other rooms will be spacious.

Can you also help break the estimate down in this form (Foundation, Decking, Roofing, Ground Floor Walls, First Floor Walls, etc).

I have also noticed a recent roofing trend. Been seeing a lot of flat roofs springing up as opposed to the regular cone like roofs. Is there a particular reason for that? Or is it that the flat roof design is cheaper?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 9:11pm On Oct 19, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by debeey87(m): 10:57pm On Oct 19, 2020
coldcandy:

How much will a 120cm by 150cm cost? Black glass, black frames.

My aluminum guy sent me samples of this. You might consider. Whether burglary and mosquito nets will be added will determine cost. You can ring him (Zero h8 zero h8 three six three six h8 seven five)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 10:58pm On Oct 19, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Those windows are 4” x 4” abi?
On burglary, the way they’re installed makes it easy to be removed in seconds.

But it's better than none o. Nah just for deterent o.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 10:59pm On Oct 19, 2020
KolaShangOne:

This my client forbade us from putting burlgary-proof on his project regardless of the security situation in the country

Some people are tough o.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:02pm On Oct 19, 2020
write2obi:

What exactly would you like to know about vinyl floors?

Thank you for the good lectures and samples you gave me few years ago on different types of tiles. Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:05pm On Oct 19, 2020
NickJohnson54:

Looking for electric fence installation service in Boston.

@Twinskenny, this is your opportunity to bring your handwork to America o. smiley All the way to Boston, Mass.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:07pm On Oct 19, 2020
rotecch77:

International work is ringing bell “ sir kenny go and dust your ”Palii “ alele” USA yaa”

When you get there you will enjoy
Good health system.
Education
Opportunities
Low crime rate
Etc

And kiss Nigeria goodbye. Don't let @EgunMogaji2 hear this o. smiley

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:09pm On Oct 19, 2020
coldcandy:

I have plenty for you grin.
But post some pictures or a link to some previous installations first.

I guaranteed good work from him.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 2:23am On Oct 20, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

A lot of the grandiose plans I had and made were tempered once I moved back.

I made all new directions.

Yeah I know that there’s new method of disposing of waste but I Jejeli did the baba lati known and proven methods.

One mouth breather abused his father that he was waiting on me to bring tech to my builds grin

Please is it possible to get the estimate cost these soak away

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:26am On Oct 20, 2020
Dijita:

Please is it possible to get the estimate cost these soak away

I’ll get back to you on mine.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:40am On Oct 20, 2020
mufutau55:

And kiss Nigeria goodbye. Don't let @EgunMogaji hear this o. smiley

Hajji M.

One of my uncles in Ibadan took his builder to the USA. He spent three months in California visiting building sites of associates. They then loaded I think three containers from Lowe’s and Home Depot. The house is pretty much American. Stucco walls, central AC, 110V throughout, etc

Money is good.

I’ve heard of a house too in Ijebu area that they bought and dismantled a small castle in Ireland and shipped it here and put it back together.

Maybe Brabus has heard the story or know of the house.

We move, no time. #EndSARS cheesy

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:38am On Oct 20, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

One of my uncles in Ibadan took his builder to the USA. He spent three months in California visiting building sites of associates. They then loaded I think three containers from Lowe’s and Home Depot. The house is pretty much American. Stucco walls, central AC, 110V throughout, etc

Money is good.

I’ve heard of a house too in Ijebu area that they bought and dismantled a small castle in Ireland and shipped it here and put it back together.

True, true o. MONEY good well, well.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:55am On Oct 20, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Money is good.

I’ll need more clue to figure it out. But I do know there are lots of builds done that way.

I’ve seen an underground house in Ibadan. This is over 2 decades ago. On the surface, all you see is a plain field. Beneath is a massive house.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 3:56am On Oct 20, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
Question for Architects and Builders.
Why did we standardize on 6" and 9" blocks?
Is it a code requirement?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 4:00am On Oct 20, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Well, a lot of things have to be standardised.
6" and 9" blocks sizes are just precise, there sizes are moderate and befitting for construction, though we have 4" too which is made without any hole inside of it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 6:43am On Oct 20, 2020
Wingnut007:

Thanks for the response. Just to be clear Is the estimate above for carcass or finished? I am assuming the living room, kitchen, masters and other rooms will be spacious.

Can you also help break the estimate down in this form (Foundation, Decking, Roofing, Ground Floor Walls, First Floor Walls, etc).

I have also noticed a recent roofing trend. Been seeing a lot of flat roofs springing up as opposed to the regular cone like roofs. Is there a particular reason for that? Or is it that the flat roof design is cheaper?

The cost is for carcass Alone.

Foundation (raft)- 5,000,000
Blockwork ground floor- 2,000,000
Decking - 3,500,000
Blockwork upperfloor - 2500,000
Roofing with flat roof- 2,000,000

Yes flat roof is cheaper.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sam1919: 7:58am On Oct 20, 2020
Please everyone, How much is a bag of cement now in your location?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 9:40am On Oct 20, 2020
Good morning..
we are available for your order.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:53am On Oct 20, 2020
sam1919:
Please everyone, How much is a bag of cement now in your location?

N2,700
Elebu, Ibadan.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Viking007(m): 10:15am On Oct 20, 2020
oseiwe:

OK. Thank you.

Oga n3xt, considering the small size area of the building due to the land 40x100, and there's small sand for sandfilling on site, I've informed him of change from 12mm to 16mm, let him proceed and deliver what he promised. I have 2 weeks with him.
You sent a pm, sup?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oseiwe(m): 10:27am On Oct 20, 2020
Viking007:
You sent a pm, sup?
check your mail. thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by joycluv: 12:05pm On Oct 20, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

And Pyramid roofs? 5" block is now a taboo, flat roof is now a curse. Low roof is now an indication of wretchedness and so on. But funny enough, majority of those who make it their profession to condemm these things are tenants in mud houses yet they discourage low income earners from building a low cost apartments for themselves and families. Very soon they will tell us that bungalows are no longer in vogue

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 20, 2020
My dear the thing tire person. Not even very soon, they are already writing off bungalows.
joycluv:
And Pyramid roofs? 5" block is now a taboo, flat roof is now a curse. Low roof is now an indication of wretchedness and so on. But funny enough, majority of those who make it their profession to condemm these things are tenants in mud houses yet they discourage low income earners from building a low cost apartments for themselves and families. Very soon they will tell us that bungalows are no longer in vogue
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 3:56pm On Oct 20, 2020
At no time will I Have a roof over 14ft
my bus stop is 14ft (bungalows)

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:58pm On Oct 20, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

N2,700
Elebu, Ibadan.

Good. Down from 3,500.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:00pm On Oct 20, 2020
GoodFaith:
At no time will I Have a roof over 14ft
my bus stop is 14ft (bungalows)

I stop at 16ft. No more. Even Flat is appropriate for my design.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by edoman2016: 4:02pm On Oct 20, 2020
gordonbarrett:
My dear the thing tire person. Not even very soon, they are already writing off bungalows.
80% of houses in Nigeria are still bungalows
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:10pm On Oct 20, 2020
joycluv:

No mind them jare. Bungalows will never dissapear.
Bungalows still full western/developed world sef.
Standard to me is only safety... as long as my build is safe who cares about the way others are doing theirs.

Hajji M.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1698) (1699) (1700) (1701) (1702) (1703) (1704) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ray48, Rany4all(m), NL1960 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.