Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,664 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4391340 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:51pm On Apr 16, 2016
@ Empiree, as a lover of peace I have this for your friend.

When you forgive someone (now your dad in this case) you unlock old memories of their goodness. The good time you shared, the sweet memories of life you always wish will continue forever. Unfortunately, you friend has allowed his anger and resentment to overshadow this because of his (fathers) transgressions, but let me tell you, that goodness still exists.

I've always thought I'll grow up to do everything without my dads support because I felt he neglected me at some point in time in life. But three decades on when I started raising my own kids, something rekindle the good old memories of my Dad like no other person. Now, I’ve forgiven myself for struggling to contend with the authority that brought me to this world.

…a funny thing happened after I forgave him. A different Dad returned from the shadows, borne by a flood of the good memories.

_______
I won't clap for your friend for putting his dad behind the bars. I'll clap for your friend for putting up a structure for his biological parents and doing even more because a time will come we will all like to be acknowledged for who we are instead of who we weren’t.

I've actually worked with so many dads here on nairaland and I have a first hand experience of the joy they feel when they are in control of their sons project (especially those in diaspora). I know you guys always think you it better but the truth be told "You have no idea." The Beachland Luxury Block of Flats is a good example in this case. I worked with the clients dad from the purchase of the land till construction until his death and I saw a happy man all through. I am the one who always get funds to the parents of the client and we were so connected that the father told me all he wished for his son and how he wanted it to happen. All that he wished he could have done in life and couldn't do. The mistakes he made starting a project in the village and never able to complete it cos he was overbuilding... Bro's I can go on. But it was a very sweet experience.

Maybe if your friend change tack, things might work differently for him.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 5:15pm On Apr 16, 2016
n3xt:
[size=2pt]@ Emp.iree, as a lover of peace I have this for your friend.

When you forgive someone (now your dad in this case) you unlock old memories of their goodness. The good time you shared, the sweet memories of life you always wish will continue forever. Unfortunately, you friend has allowed his anger and resentment to overshadow this because of his (fathers) transgressions, but let me tell you, that goodness still exists.

I've always thought I'll grow up to do everything without my dads support because I felt he neglected me at some point in time in life. But three decades on when I started raising my own kids, something rekindle the good old memories of my Dad like no other person. Now, I’ve forgiven myself for struggling to contend with the authority that brought me to this world.

…a funny thing happened after I forgave him. A different Dad returned from the shadows, borne by a flood of the good memories.[/size]

_______
I won't clap for your friend for putting his dad behind the bars. I'll clap for your friend for putting up a structure for his biological parents and doing even more because a time will come we will all like to be acknowledged for who we are instead of who we weren’t.

[size=2pt]I've actually worked with so many dads here on nairaland and I have a first hand experience of the joy they feel when they are in control of their sons project (especially those in diaspora). I know you guys always think you it better but the truth be told "You have no idea." The Beachland Luxury Block of Flats is a good example in this case. I worked with the clients dad from the purchase of the land till construction until his death and I saw a happy man all through. I am the one who always get funds to the parents of the client and we were so connected that the father told me all he wished for his son and how he wanted it to happen. All that he wished he could have done in life and couldn't do. The mistakes he made starting a project in the village and never able to complete it cos he was overbuilding... Bro's I can go on. But it was a very sweet experience.

Maybe if your friend change tack, things might work differently for him.[/size]
Nice write-up. He did what he had to do to win over. He's not bad dude. Just felt threatened. If he was bad, he would have been so aggressive all these months of hearing crazy things. And, sure, good memories is always there. He has absolutely no resentment against his dad. But sometimes, love is even stronger if y'all do things from afar.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 5:23am On Apr 18, 2016
We can't shout
betilola:
Thanks chekitaut. Your granites are indeed always very full. The guys working on site on Friday were just like" madam una dey lucky to dey get this kain full load, na your brother?"
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jummymine(f): 7:52am On Apr 18, 2016
Good morning!please,who can recommend good,honest and affordable pop installer for me.The person must be willing to work in ile ife,Osun State.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EndiaSami: 10:50am On Apr 18, 2016
Jummymine:
Good morning!please,who can recommend good,honest and affordable pop installer for me.The person must be willing to work in ile ife,Osun State.

Dominionng!!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 11:49am On Apr 18, 2016
I hail all the oga's in the house.

Seems we have someone who can do the 3d floor here on Nl https://www.nairaland.com/3045493/seen-want-it
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 12:13pm On Apr 18, 2016
Jummymine:

only but one person!!! dominionng
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 1:29pm On Apr 18, 2016
Hehehe!

I just returned from A BAN!

Now, l "positively" acknowledge the Moderator who banned me (and the other culprit).... he needed to do what he had to do, if that is the only solution.
But let me state that l am not generally a cantankerous person...... l just dont like Cowardly Bullies.

I apologise to everyone on this thread, for the brick-brats that went on on those pages.

I have since moved-on.

Lastpage!

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 1:48pm On Apr 18, 2016
Empiree:
I dont understand people at all. I follow this case very well. The matter is heading to close in favor of my friend. .......
In a nutshell, his brothers and mom tried to interject religion and culture to subdue my friend which my friend said "i dont give a f!ck about it. This makes them angry and they consider it insult. They dont want to understand the frustration. Yes, he may have gone overboard with language he used talking to them but all these years he was calmed when everyone said papa mismanaged his funds. He defended papa that there is no evidence for the allegation levied against papa. He was never upset. Why now that he busted and everyone turned against him. He did what he had to do and it works well for him. Lobatan

I have a conviction that guides me in all dealings: At the end of the day, THE TRUTH ALWAYS WINS!
You may go through hard and difficult times, but if you remain Honest and truthful, eventually, you will WIN and God will vindicate you.

Honestly, the world these days, is full of TREACHERY! It can come from the most unexpected quarters.

Let your friend continue to be honest and truthful. let him continue to do his duty, "as a son" to his father! Respect his father, fund his father as much as he can afford. There is much blessing in this.

But there is a Biblical cliché which l also believe-in: CURSE WITHOUT REASON, SHALL NEVER LAND!
irrespective of what EVERYBODY in the family thinks of him, as long as he is honest, truthful and does his duties as a son, to his father, l tell you, they are just ganging up on him for nothing!

Yorubas say: "Oko'baba ati omo ki'nwa, ko ma la'ala!
(A father and son's farm however adjacent they are, must have a line of demarcation...literally translated)

He can love his dad, be a good son, without holding property in joint custody with him.
His greatest problem wont even be his Dad, as time goes on (Dad will eventually come around but he must always ensure things are documented and well spelt out between them! No more transactions in-between).

His bigger problems will come from his siblings (younger and older). mark my words.
He needs to be very alert, pro-active and pre-emptive.
Let him also tidy up his "affairs" and house properly (Wills, Power of Attorneys, Next of Kin, e.t.c) because "The Dead stay Dumb" ! (James Hardly Chase Style).

I pray God will give him more blessings and long life to enjoy it, in good health.

Lastpage!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 4:06pm On Apr 18, 2016
lastpage:

I have a conviction that guides me in all dealings: At the end of the day, THE TRUTH ALWAYS WINS!
You may go through hard and difficult times, but if you remain Honest and truthful, eventually, you will WIN and God will vindicate you.

Honestly, the world these days, is full of TREACHERY! It can come from the most unexpected quarters.

Let your friend continue to be honest and truthful. let him continue to do his duty, "as a son" to his father! Respect his father, fund his father as much as he can afford. There is much blessing in this.

But there is a Biblical cliché which l also believe-in: CURSE WITHOUT REASON, SHALL NEVER LAND!
irrespective of what EVERYBODY in the family thinks of him, as long as he is honest, truthful and does his duties as a son, to his father, l tell you, they are just ganging up on him for nothing!

(A father ans sons farm however adjacent they are, must have a line of demarcation...literaly translated)

He can love his dad, be a good son, without holding property in joint custody with him.
His greatest problem wont even be his Dad, as time goes on (Dad will eventually come around but he must always ensure things are documented and well spelt out between them! No more transactions in-between).

His bigger problems will come from his siblings (younger and older). mark my words.
Let him also tidy up his "affairs" and house properly (Wills, Power of Attorneys, Next of Kin, e.t.c) because "The Dead stay Dumb" ! (James Hardly Chase Style).

I pray God will give him more blessings and long life to enjoy it, in good health.

Lastpage!
Ooooooh My God, This Man Blows My Mind. Gosh! I am Copying This Intuitive Remarks. You Just Hit The Nail. Exactly What My Friend's Trying To Do. He Has No Problem With Dad Really But He Sensed Siblings And Stepmoms' Problems In The Future If He Doesnt Clear The Air Now.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mayor78: 5:29pm On Apr 18, 2016
agarawu23:
I hail all the oga's in the house.

Seems we have someone who can do the 3d floor here on Nl https://www.nairaland.com/3045493/seen-want-it

It's highly unlikely the person can. I doubt that very much, and have requested that she/he proof self.
Remember we don't do flukes here bruv! Here real companies offer real services. No 'we supply cements@N1,000 per bag minimum order 600 bags', no sme-sme here please. They need show some acceptable evidence of ability to deliver or self extinguish.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by write2obi(m): 7:29pm On Apr 18, 2016
n3xt:

Lastly, I know you're new here. I'll want you to pick one out of the two houses below. Both started around the same time but one finished earlier than the other. One spent more money than the other. One used the best quality of materials than the other. One is maintenance-free while the other has had a major rework done on it. This is not to harm any one o but just for learning purpose. Abeg!
Oga Brabus for learning purposes, i would have licked to pick one, but both houses are not in the same stage and pictures also can be deceiving.
But i think i got your point.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 7:37pm On Apr 18, 2016
Mayor78:

It's highly unlikely the person can. I doubt that very much, and have requested that she/he proof self.
Remember we don't do flukes here bruv! Here real companies offer real services. No 'we supply cements@N1,000 per bag minimum order 600 bags', no sme-sme here please. They need show some acceptable evidence of ability to deliver or self extinguish.
chairman, I have been wondering too cos it took him days to reply me.

Tho I am yet to call the number he displayed.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 4:12am On Apr 19, 2016
lastpage:

[size=5pt]I have a conviction that guides me in all dealings: At the end of the day, THE TRUTH ALWAYS WINS!

(A father and son's farm however adjacent they are, must have a line of demarcation...literally translated)

[/size]

Lastpage!
Guys, today 4/18 was a little crazy. It supposed to be the day my friend gets his docs back. His attny went to his daddy this evening for the docs. He told him to keep convos very brief cus the man would start talking about how ww1&2 were fought to delay subject of the matter.

Humm, attny said he felt bad when his saw his father perplexed. That he did not expect his son to come for the docs. He showed everything to him that he can't sell his properties, that he only threatened to do so bcus of info he heard plus he continued the project without his consent. Attny did confirm my friend's name is on everything showing its all intact. During the discuss, he called my friend when his father breaks down and asked if he should go ahead and collect the docs?. My friend said 'yes'.

There are two other people with his father that my friend doesnt like or get along with. These people know everything about my friend's affairs while his biological mother is deprived from seeing her son's deeds, c/o etc. This is exactly what my friend doesnt want. His dad prevents his mom from visiting the sites or having anything to do with her son's assets. Yet, allows "outsiders" to have access to them. His concern is what if something happens to dad and none of his siblings, mom know whereabouts of everything? This makes no sense but papa doesnt reason like that.

My friend understands attny's feelings. So he said he never intended to take the docs from him. He always had them since 2010 but he never seen them. He said as long as attny is sure they can not sell his asset legally, he wont worry anymore. My friend's move is quiet understandable. Last week his step mom called him from nija and pled not to 'fight' daddy. She said to leave the assets for him to do whatever he wants with them, that by God's Grace he will build more elsewhere. This is threat to him knowing fully well the woman is dubious even though she may right this time. He sees her statement as trying to sabotage and scam him. That's why he made big move. Something they NEVER expected cus no one would do that in the family. They were caught by surprised this afternoon. Them no no say my friend got yankee mentality and he would do it if provoked. He never intended though. He just wanted to show them he can and it worked.

His attny said: "brother i:e my friend, what i notice is that there is no diplomacy between your father and you and perhaps other children as well". Lawyer was very correct. Papa doesnt give room for friendly discussion btw himself and his children. He disrespects them and divulges their secrets to every Tom, Dick and Harry. He feels like they dont know anything and cant do anything without 'outsiders' or his youngest wife involved.

Lawyer also said: "I notice that your father is jealous of you". He doesnt want anyone have access to you except him". This is absolutely true as well. His father doesnt want his mom, siblings close to him. He only wants his youngest wife whom my friend doesnt get along with and non-relative through him to have access to him. This is crazy. Generally though, his dad is fairly nice but i dont understand him in most cases. All of his children dont either. They all distance themselves and try as much to keep away their personal life from him. He's not open at all.

Bottom line is, he wants to have his dad keeps the docs provided they are secured. This is to show respect for him and his lawyer due to what his lawyer saw and said. He said "brother, i dont think it's a good idea to severe ties with your dad like this. Try to be more diplomatic with him" My friend did not intend to severe ties. He just wants to keep distance and help him and be there for him from afar. dad is really too much.

As for his lil brother who knows dad very well, he said "no no no, daddy is very funny. He's playing prank" grin grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PeoplesArmy: 7:22am On Apr 19, 2016
Empiree:

As for his lil brother who knows dad very well, he said "no no no, daddy is very funny. He's playing prank" grin grin grin

...and the saga continues. Stay tuned.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by babalose: 9:26am On Apr 19, 2016
@Empiree.....this is fast becoming a soap opera that belongs in the Family section. This thread is for Off-topic Thread - To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Constructions. I keep asking myself how this relates to the title of this thread except I am looking at it from a different perspective, even though I stand to be corrected.
I don't see how anyone here can help you in this matter neither do I see how you can also help in the matter.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 11:15am On Apr 19, 2016
Ogas in the house
Still on the 3d floors
Another Nlder said he can and he will create a thread for it soon. https://www.nairaland.com/2670835/stamped-concrete.amazing-designs-pictures-specialist/2#44838537

I know nothing is impossible in a country like Nigeria
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 11:45am On Apr 19, 2016
babalose:
@Em.piree.....this is fast becoming a soap opera that belongs in the Family section. This thread is for Off-topic Thread - To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Constructions. I keep asking myself how this relates to the title of this thread except I am looking at it from a different perspective, even though I stand to be corrected.
I don't see how anyone here can help you in this matter neither do I see how you can also help in the matter.
Lol @ highlighted. Well, the game is over as far as i can tell. I am sure folks visiting this thread, after reading this drama will think twice before dealing with family on issue like this. Confirm from others in this section, they have had/heard crazy experience on land and housing issues.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mayor78: 2:06pm On Apr 19, 2016
Empiree:
Guys, today 4/18 was a little crazy. It supposed to be the day my friend gets his docs back. His attny went to his daddy this evening for the docs. He told him to keep convos very brief cus the man would start talking about how ww1&2 were fought to delay subject of the matter.

Humm, attny said he felt bad when his saw his father perplexed. That he did not expect his son to come for the docs. He showed everything to him that he can't sell his properties, that he only threatened to do so bcus of info he heard plus he continued the project without his consent. Attny did confirm my friend's name is on everything showing its all intact. During the discuss, he called my friend when his father breaks down and asked if he should go ahead and collect the docs?. My friend said 'yes'.

There are two other people with his father that my friend doesnt like or get along with. These people know everything about my friend's affairs while his biological mother is deprived from seeing her son's deeds, c/o etc. This is exactly what my friend doesnt want. His dad prevents his mom from visiting the sites or having anything to do with her son's assets. Yet, allows "outsiders" to have access to them. His concern is what if something happens to dad and none of his siblings, mom know whereabouts of everything? This makes no sense but papa doesnt reason like that.

My friend understands attny's feelings. So he said he never intended to take the docs from him. He always had them since 2010 but he never seen them. He said as long as attny is sure they can not sell his asset legally, he wont worry anymore. My friend's move is quiet understandable. Last week his step mom called him from nija and pled not to 'fight' daddy. She said to leave the assets for him to do whatever he wants with them, that by God's Grace he will build more elsewhere. This is threat to him knowing fully well the woman is dubious even though she may right this time. He sees her statement as trying to sabotage and scam him. That's why he made big move. Something they NEVER expected cus no one would do that in the family. They were caught by surprised this afternoon. Them no no say my friend got yankee mentality and he would do it if provoked. He never intended though. He just wanted to show them he can and it worked.

His attny said: "brother i:e my friend, what i notice is that there is no diplomacy between your father and you and perhaps other children as well". Lawyer was very correct. Papa doesnt give room for friendly discussion btw himself and his children. He disrespects them and divulges their secrets to every Tom, Dick and Harry. He feels like they dont know anything and cant do anything without 'outsiders' or his youngest wife involved.

Lawyer also said: "I notice that your father is jealous of you". He doesnt want anyone have access to you except him". This is absolutely true as well. His father doesnt want his mom, siblings close to him. He only wants his youngest wife whom my friend doesnt get along with and non-relative through him to have access to him. This is crazy. Generally though, his dad is fairly nice but i dont understand him in most cases. All of his children dont either. They all distance themselves and try as much to keep away their personal life from him. He's not open at all.

Bottom line is, he wants to have his dad keeps the docs provided they are secured. This is to show respect for him and his lawyer due to what his lawyer saw and said. He said "brother, i dont think it's a good idea to severe ties with your dad like this. Try to be more diplomatic with him" My friend did not intend to severe ties. He just wants to keep distance and help him and be there for him from afar. dad is really too much.

Well, I still think the story is relevant in this thread giving that it is talking about land purchase, building construction, and father son cum family relationships as regards building project of a guy in diaspora. It makes sense I'll say to have the story here.

However.........................

Bros you appears to be quoting your friend's side/view in verbatim while reporting this 'his' and 'his dad' case often in a semblance of mirror image reporting! Where are we?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:58pm On Apr 19, 2016
Empiree:

Very bad decision... the documents should have been taken away from the old man...
I am surprised the Lawyer also suggested to leave the docs with the Dad.
New stories will emerge later...

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 5:05pm On Apr 19, 2016
mufutau55:

Very bad decision... the documents should have been taken away from the old man...
I am surprised the Lawyer is also suggesting to leave the docs with the Dad.

Hajji M.
I hear you. All I can say here is, this is just a tip of iceberg. If anything should happen, he wont have problem using authority to force him to give it up. I understand your point and my friend's as well. Too much pressure from those who supported my friend. They did not expect him to go this length.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 5:53pm On Apr 19, 2016
Empiree:
I hear you. All I can say here is, this is just a tip of iceberg. If anything should happen, he wont have problem using authority to force him to give it up. I understand your point and my friend's as well. Too much pressure from those who supported my friend. They did not expect him to go this length.

Too much sympathy causes a lot of wahala. This is business and it should have been treated so.
Taking away the docs from the father does not mean they will not amend son/father palava later...
In a polygamy environment, never trust a step mother... too much jealousy. Personal experience speaking sir.
But all in all good luck to your friend, but please mark my word, this is not over o.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 6:04pm On Apr 19, 2016
mufutau55:

Too much sympathy causes a lot of wahala. This is business and it should have been treated so.
Taking away the docs from the father does not mean they will not amend son/father palava later...
In a polygamy environment, never trust a step mother... too much jealousy. Personal experience speaking sir.
But all in all good luck to your friend, but please mark my word, this is not over o.

Hajji M.
O ga oo. Lord have mercy. Chai, you dey get me scared.

Let me ask you this question, lawyer said he confirmed his name on all the docs that they can not sell his assets.

Now, before attny was involved, his lil broda overheard their conversations about selling uncompleted building. But the agent said "sir, let the building completes before you sell it". This is what raised his tension.

Do you think they can possibly change his name on the docs and sell his properties without his consent?.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 4nobody4every1: 6:10pm On Apr 19, 2016
mufutau55:

I am surprised the Lawyer is also suggesting to leave the docs with the Dad.

Hajji M.
True & Spot on
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NL1960: 6:15pm On Apr 19, 2016
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

Hajji, you have hit the nail on the head. The guy should have collected the documents. Fathers always have sympathy for the younger wife and her children especially if her children are not yet grown up. In a polygamous family, every woman fights for her child and if the children of the younger wife are very young, the younger wife can only get anything for them through the husband because if per chance, the man dies while the children have not found their feet, there is no guarantee that the grown up children of the other wives will take care of them.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 6:18pm On Apr 19, 2016
Empiree:
Let me ask you this question, lawyer said he confirmed his name on all the docs that they can not sell his assets.

Now, before attny was involved, his lil broda overheard their conversations about selling uncompleted building. But the agent said "sir, let the building completes before you sell it". This is what raised his tension.

Do you think they can possibly change his name on the docs and sell his properties without his consent?.

We are talking about Nigeria here... what is actually legal in Nigeria?
You never hear about all the land palava in Nigeria... even with your C of O, people will still fight you for the land.
I will need the papers in my hand wheiter it's genuine or not... better than nothing.
I hope he does not have problem with it in future... but just saying.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NL1960: 6:18pm On Apr 19, 2016
Empiree:

If the father suddenly dies, who do you think that knows where the documents are kept?. Is it not the younger wife?. She can deny that she does not know and what makes you think she cannot get somebody else to help her do fresh documents bearing her name?. I hope you know that even wills have been forged.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 4nobody4every1: 6:22pm On Apr 19, 2016
mufutau55:

In a polygamy environment, never trust a step mother... too much jealousy
. Personal experience speaking sir.

Hajji M.
Empiree:

Yes, his name can be changed / forged & the building / land will be sold without much ado, this is Nigeria where dog chop dog, you/your friend seems to be playing too cool with the Dad/family members/step mum.

Have you not read stories on Nairaland and other social medias where a wife or husband will kill just to inherit or take over a land or house?...my friend this is Nigeria, dont trust anybody, the heart of Man is deceitful & wicked, the love of money and the desperation to acquire wealth at all cost has made some people to have a dead conscience and they are ready to sacrifice anything to acquire wealth, you / your friend have all the signs already about his Dad, it is enough clue to take over the land/ building from his Dad and have his peace, Na person wey dey alive dey fight for property, well, l guess we are all wired differently.

If l am in your friends shoes, l dont need a herbalist / prophet/ Imam to advise me, with all the traits the old man has exhibited is enough for me to take over my investment without looking back, l have no apology for whatever decision l take, Like @ Hajj has said, your friend is on a long thing except he takes the bull by the horn
sad
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 6:23pm On Apr 19, 2016
NL1960:

Hajji, you have hit the nail on the head. The guy should have collected the documents. Fathers always have sympathy for the younger wife and her children especially if her children are not yet grown up. In a polygamous family, every woman fights for her child and if the children of the younger wife are very young, the younger wife can only get anything for them through the husband because if per chance, the man dies while the children have not found their feet, there is no guarantee that the grown up children of the other wives will take care of them.

You truly understood me without me saying all in my mind... Thank you for taking this to the highest level.
Polygamous family is a disease no matter which way you slice it... (The younger wife calling you and appealing to you about your father, for what; if not for her own benefit?)

@Empiree
Your friend missed a good opportunity.. (Collect the damn papers and be done with it...)

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 6:25pm On Apr 19, 2016
NL1960:

If the father suddenly dies, who do you think that knows where the documents are kept?. Is it not the younger wife?. She can deny that she does not know and what makes you think she cannot get somebody else to help her do fresh documents bearing her name?. I hope you know that even wills have been forged.

Thank you NL1960.... Same Lawyer will help the lady forge the documents.... not be Naija we dey?

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 6:40pm On Apr 19, 2016
mufutau55:

We are talking about Nigeria here... what is actually legal in Nigeria?
You never hear about all the land palava in Nigeria... even with your C of O, people will still fight you for the land.
I will need the papers in my hand wheiter it's genuine or not... better than nothing.
I hope he does not have problem with it in future... but just saying.

Hajji M.
mufutau55:

You truly understood me without me saying all in my mind... Thank you for taking this to the highest level.
Polygamous family is a disease no matter which way you slice it... (The younger wife calling you and appealing to you about your father, for what; if not for her own benefit?)

@Em.piree
Your friend missed a good opportunity.. (Collect the damn papers and be done with it...)

Hajji M.
4nobody4every1:

Yes, his name can be changed / forged & the building / land will be sold without much ado, this is Nigeria where dog chop dog, you/your friend seems to be playing too cool with the Dad/family members/step mum.

Have you not read stories on Nairaland and other social medias where a wife or husband will kill just to inherit or take over a land or house?...my friend this is Nigeria, dont trust anybody, the heart of Man is deceitful & wicked, the love of money and the desperation to acquire wealth at all cost has made some people to have a dead conscience and they are ready to sacrifice anything to acquire wealth, you / your friend have all the signs already about his Dad, it is enough clue to take over the land/ building from his Dad and have his peace, Na person wey dey alive dey fight for property, well, l guess we are all wired differently.

If l am in your friends shoes, l dont need a herbalist / prophet/ Imam to advise me, with all the traits the old man has exhibited is enough for me to take over my investment without looking back, l have no apology for whatever decision l take, Like @ Hajj has said, your friend is on a long thing except he takes the bull by the horn
sad
This is scary. I honestly want to believe you guys are wrong. But seeing your comments appears to be in harmony with what he lil broda said.

Well, the situation is being monitored closely by many folks. Anything they hear about the lands and building etc. The next step will be full force to recover docs. What a world!.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 8:53pm On Apr 19, 2016
Empiree:
This is scary. I honestly want to believe you guys are wrong. But seeing your comments appears to be in harmony with what he lil broda said.

Well, the situation is being monitored closely by many folks. Anything they hear about the lands and building etc. The next step will be full force to recover docs. What a world!.

Your friend lost a good opportunity. I would say he should have collected the document and not just that but also sell it on and buy or build elsewhere.

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: gbadexy(m), diordaves(m), Rany4all(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.