Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,127 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2304) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4383412 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2301) (2302) (2303) (2304) (2305) (2306) (2307) ... (3666) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by soonest(f): 9:34pm On Jul 05, 2021
PAPAFEELERS:
Good morning ALL,

Please who know the going rate ( price) of the following items

1. HDF board
2.MDF board
3. AGGER board

I know price flunctuates rapdily in Nigeri this days but will appreciate people experiences on this of recent

Thanks all for the headsup in advance

In Benin, i got HDF for 12500, mdf for 8500. This was last week wednesday
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:48pm On Jul 05, 2021
Wish2Die:
Let me drop this here

Very nice but if I talk now they’ll say I’ve come again.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 05, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Very nice but if I talk now they’ll say I’ve come again.
abeg talk
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dooooooo(m): 9:54pm On Jul 05, 2021
mobileboy:
Good evening elders in the house, please help your son scrutinize and review this plan for my upcoming building, land size is 60ft by 40ft

This is for the ground floor
Well, the spaces ain't dimensioned, nonetheless, I have some obs.
The living room needs more ventilation, why don't you delete the visitor's toilet, make a bedroom ensuite and let the bath of the other bed be accessible from the lobby. You will get more window space for the living room.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dooooooo(m): 10:01pm On Jul 05, 2021
mobileboy:
this is first floor
Same is applicable here too.
The one bed apartment doesn't need a v. toilet.
Note
Ventilation is important in buildings, it is one of the elements that doesn't make the indoor get boring.
Talk to Ur architect, he should guide you more in providing such for the building.
Great design you av there. It's fantastic.

Uncleteeh (OAKGroup)

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mobileboy: 10:05pm On Jul 05, 2021
Dooooooo:

Note
Ventilation is important in buildings, it is one of the elements that doesn't make the indoor get boring.
Talk to Ur architect, he should guide you more in providing such for the building.

Uncleteeh (OAKGroup)

thank you so much, I'll revert to my architect for adjustment

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 10:24pm On Jul 05, 2021
n3xt:

I can only tell you that marine board is now N13,200/board.
I got it 8,200 in March, 9,500 in April, 10,300 in May. Now, it’s over N13k

I can’t give a definite price for other boards due to unstable market price.

Bought it 11,500 less than 2 weeks ago
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 10:27pm On Jul 05, 2021
How much is 20mm iron now?

Per ton and per length?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 05, 2021
KolaShangOne:
How much is 20mm iron now?

Per ton and per length?
Per length 11800

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:18pm On Jul 05, 2021
Experience the ups and downs of what it means to take on a major project as we follow real self-builders from kobocity on their journey to bespoke homes.

Self-build construction diary of a young homeowner: https://www.kobocity.com/d/222-diary-of-a-young-first-time-home-owner-under-30

Sir Thomaths’ Crib: https://www.kobocity.com/d/80-first-time-owner-builder

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:37pm On Jul 05, 2021
Dooooooo:

Note

Uncleteeh (OAKGroup)

Thanks for the excellent review @uncleteeh

Nothing more to add.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by iammarvellux(m): 4:00am On Jul 06, 2021
*LEKKI PRIDE ESTATE-Latest Development in Abraham Adesanya*

Lekki Pride is an estate that offers apartments tailored to meet your highest standards, with excellently designed luxury homes, that bring comfort, luxury, and appreciation over time.

Lekki Pride is strategically located at Ajiwe Bus Stop, by Abraham Adesanya Roundabout, Lekki-Epe Expressway.

Lekki Pride comprises of tastefully finished:

1, 2, and 3 Bedroom Apartments

2 and 3 Bedroom Terraces +BQ

3 and 4 Bedroom Semi-detached + BQ

NEAREST LANDMARKS LEKKI PRIDE ESTATE shares proximity with;
Ajiwe Police Station, Agofure Motor Park, and Abraham Adesanya Roundabout.

*TITLE*
Certificate of Occupancy (C of O)

*LOCATION*
LEKKI PRIDE ESTATE is situated at Ajiwe Bus Stop, by Abraham Adesanya Roundabout, Lekki-Epe Expressway.

*INTRODUCTORY SELLING PRICE*
*1, 2, and 3 Bedroom Apartment*
1 Bedroom Apartment - ₦22,000,000

2 Bedroom Apartment - ₦28,000,000

3 Bedroom Apartment

*Initial Deposit-*

*One Bedroom Maisonette*
- ₦28,000,000

*Initial Deposit-* ₦3,000,000

*TERRACES*
�2 Bedroom Terrace +BQ - ₦38,000,000

�3 Bedroom Terrace +BQ - ₦42,000,000

*Initial Deposit* - ₦5,000,000

*SEMI-DETACHED Duplexes*
�3 Bedroom Semi-Detached duplex + BQ - ₦50,000,000

�4 Bedroom Semi-Detached duplex + BQ - ₦65,000,000

*Initial Deposit* - ₦5,000,000

*PAYMENT PLAN*
Available on all building type.

*FEATURES*
• 24-hours Power Supply
• Electric Fencing
• Security Gatehouse
• Management Office Building
• Cinema House
• Recreational Centre
• Solar Powered Streetlights
• CCTV Surveillance Cameras
• Estate Gym
• Smart Home Features and so much more!

*LEKKI PRIDE ESTATE,* where luxury meets convenience.

For inquiries and inspection bookings, please call/WhatsApp 2348038781738

See the YouTube video below, pls subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more video updates. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pLUWGwz6Zw

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 4:05am On Jul 06, 2021
Jasobry:

Dubemcapital just took measurements of the sitting room... Got 10 sqms less than what the tiler gave. God help me

I keep wondering why you guys really need someone to give measurement for tiles. Do you have a measuring tape? Just measure it yourself, even if you are off, it cannot be for more than one or two pieces of tiles
Once you have your measurement, get just one of the tile you intend to use and do the maths to scale.
This thing is very easy and straight forward.

Length times breath is equal to area. No be for primary school we all learnt that one?

For example, last two years when I wanted to tile my father’s Obi, because I wasn’t there I just asked someone to go to the place and use his ordinary feet to count how many feet. The way we do it for monkey post football back then. He came back with 25 x 30. Which is approximately 750 square feet. They went to the market and bought 750 square feet plus 10 pieces more and it was perfect.

The reason length has standard unit of measurement is for it not to be subjective. Nothing like calling an expert to measure, even in a case of irregular shape space you do it bit by bit and add the sum.

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:34am On Jul 06, 2021
Dijita:
Hello everyone. Anyone with the idea for borehole cost in Ibeju Lekki axis

I paid N130k with pump in May.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzrQ2woeBdk

I just completed negotiations for another one to be done this weekend for N140k

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dooooooo(m): 6:56am On Jul 06, 2021
n3xt:

Thanks for the excellent review @uncleteeh

Nothing more to add.
Boss.
You are welcome sir.

Uncleteeh (OAKGroup)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 6:57am On Jul 06, 2021
Good morning
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 7:09am On Jul 06, 2021
[quote author=n3xt post=103412807]

I just completed negotiations for another one to be done this weekend for N140k [/quot

Thank you for the information. Is this in Ibeju Lekki Axis?
Can you give me the person number?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:15am On Jul 06, 2021
[quote author=Dijita post=103414437][/quote]

Yes. Just 2 mins from Ibeju Lekki Local Government office.

I’ll be in your dm
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 06, 2021
spyder880:
LAGOS IS A GREAT STATE 1

In my line of work, I have been to Lagos many times, either to see a site location, to buy vehicles or building materials or to negotia

Story culled from https://www.nairaland.com/6447302/behind-scenes-building-industry-collection/4

Welcome to Lagos

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by UC92: 9:05am On Jul 06, 2021
mobileboy:
Good evening elders in the house, please help your son scrutinize and review this plan for my upcoming building, land size is 60ft by 40ft

Chair.
The borderline bounding the ground floorplan, is that the property line (Site)?
Please tell your Architect to relate the ground floor plan to the actual survey plan, I mean coming up with a site plan.
Then he should clearly show the staircase with the arrow showing the direction of movement.

When that is done, repost the site plan and the floor plans, then you will get a better review of that design than what you actually have now.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FloraHomesGC: 9:53am On Jul 06, 2021
Wait!
Are you planning to start a construction project soon and are you considering skipping this step?

Maybe because of time constraints, reducing cost, avoiding stress, etc.

Hmmm…

Think again

You might be skipping something quite fundamental to the durability of your building, you know?

So before you move on to the next post, let’s help you see things from a different angle by highlighting 5 cogent reasons you should get your building permit before you start construction.

Reason 1- Safety Standards are Checked

Getting your building permits before construction helps you align your projects to relevant safety and construction requirements and standards

Reason 2- Alignment to designated land use

We’ve mentioned before that one of the reasons the Government demolishes buildings is due to wrong land use. That is because most of those developers did not get their building permits before they started building.

Reason 3-To avoid unnecessary interruption

The government agency in charge of building control would be out from time to time to interrupt site work of constructions of buildings without permits. So, it’s advisable to get it done before you begin at all.

Reason 4- Spend Less and Save more

The penal fee to be paid for not getting your building permit before you begin site work is more than twice what it would cost you to get it done before you commence.

Reason 5- Give yourself peace

You will become so agitated each time there is an interruption on site which may occur more often than you expect.

We hope you find this helpful and you have a rethink in your next building project.

Follow @FloraHomesGC for more updates on property verification, title perfection, and futuristic mouth-watering real estate investment deals anywhere within Nigeria.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 11:41am On Jul 06, 2021
segzy14:

Welcome to Lagos

Thank you bro, how is your side?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Inception(m): 2:29pm On Jul 06, 2021
Wish2Die:

Per length 11800

How about y16 and y12?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 06, 2021
Inception:

How about y16 and y12?
Y16 = 6400
Y12 = 3700
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Inception(m): 3:37pm On Jul 06, 2021
Wish2Die:

Y16 = 6400
Y12 = 3700

shocked shocked shocked

e don come down o!

Omo na to organize sharp
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 06, 2021
Inception:

shocked shocked shocked

e don come down o!

Omo na to organize sharp
Yah, na the last price wey I buy am for Aba be that
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 4:23pm On Jul 06, 2021
Wish2Die:

Y16 = 6400
Y12 = 3700

Hmmm when was this? I still bought last two week
16mm for 7300 from Nnewi. And 12mm 4300
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 06, 2021
sonnie10:

Hmmm when was this? I still bought last two week
16mm for 7300 from Nnewi. And 12mm 4300
bro na early last month oh, Kia this thing they increase anyhow, I bought many though
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 4:28pm On Jul 06, 2021
n3xt:

I just completed negotiations for another one to be done this weekend for N140k
See something I was begging someone to do for 850k around Orlu. He still said I have to provide the cable and the tank. I did but I am wondering if that is the normal practice, after all that money.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:36pm On Jul 06, 2021
sonnie10:

See something I was begging someone to do for 850k around Orlu. He still said I have to provide the cable and the tank. I did but I am wondering if that is the normal practice, after all that money.

Borehole get level though.

I paid 550k in Ibadan around 2018 but the depth get as e be.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 4:39pm On Jul 06, 2021
grin
For your Quality Stone Coated Roofing sheet and Rain Gutter Whatsapp 08085310359

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Oflaylay: 4:48pm On Jul 06, 2021
Hello house what type of plaster sand is this? The first trip they brought was kinda cream in color but this one is like brown. I heard they are of different types. I don’t like this color. Please help.

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2301) (2302) (2303) (2304) (2305) (2306) (2307) ... (3666) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.