Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2501) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4384109 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2498) (2499) (2500) (2501) (2502) (2503) (2504) ... (3666) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chikebrain: 8:18am On Oct 01, 2021
Cameras not only help in recording but also help to deter petty thieves who may try to break in as they may feel they are been watched.
Why would I need a camera so small that no one will notice

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:21am On Oct 01, 2021
Adedward:
gud morning sir, depends the sizes sir,
This one in pictures #130k sir, 10mm with
turfle

What about the one I quoted? Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:27am On Oct 01, 2021
twinskenny:

Yes there are tiny cameras but most of them are for indoor use… they don’t have much protection against the weather…

The best is to get something that will blend with your outdoor wall painting… like the image below

I also think that it’s better to let criminals know that they are bee watched.. seen the cameras might even deter them from coming in.

I don’t care if someone knows I have camera but I do prefer bronze or black color.

I use IP cameras specifically because each camera gets an IP address that I can browse to on my network from anywhere in the world.

My video data is stored locally and offsite.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 8:45am On Oct 01, 2021
Born2conquer:

Let’s hope there’s us an alternative, having this in a neighborhood will definitely make people assume someone is keeping some billions indoor.

If there’s a way for Camera to be fixed indoor and outside without it being too obvious, it will be well appreciated.

Something like this easily be placed everywhere in the house and nobody except you will know you have cameras Indoor.

Why cameras like this are okay
1)Visitors would be at ease
2) in case of robbery or Police, Efcc harassment (which we do not pray for) we can always have an evidence without this people trying to clear evidence up because they don’t even know they’re being watched

I wouldn't install cameras if I won't be having someone to watch them 24/7, it does not aide security, but helps investigation after the deed has been done.

If it's for security, then someone must be stationed there.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 8:46am On Oct 01, 2021
twinskenny:

Yes there are tiny cameras but most of them are for indoor use… they don’t have much protection against the weather…

The best is to get something that will blend with your outdoor wall painting… like the image below

I also think that it’s better to let criminals know that they are bee watched.. seen the cameras might even deter them from coming in.

Okay
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 8:48am On Oct 01, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/6609728/osinachiadima-global-enterprise

Happy new month and independece day to you all my people customer and friends i wish you all long life, health, favour and prosperity. and as well don't forget to patronize me

grin grin wink

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 9:05am On Oct 01, 2021
1m=3.3ftft
coollet:
Please house how can i convert feet to meter any help will be appreciated

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:10am On Oct 01, 2021
Chikebrain:
Cameras not only help in recording but also help to deter petty thieves who may try to break in as they may feel they are been watched.
Why would I need a camera so small that no one will notice
right

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 9:11am On Oct 01, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

What about the one I quoted? Thanks.
yes I will do it dat prices for u sir,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:27am On Oct 01, 2021
Born2conquer:

Let’s hope there’s us an alternative, having this in a neighborhood will definitely make people assume someone is keeping some billions indoor.

If there’s a way for Camera to be fixed indoor and outside without it being too obvious, it will be well appreciated.

Something like this easily be placed everywhere in the house and nobody except you will know you have cameras Indoor.

Why cameras like this are okay
1)Visitors would be at ease
2) in case of robbery or Police, Efcc harassment (which we do not pray for) we can always have an evidence without this people trying to clear evidence up because they don’t even know they’re being watched

We call this spy camera
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:31am On Oct 01, 2021
somehow:

I share the same thoughts.

I think there are smaller tinier cameras that can replace this.

What say you @Twinskenny, @Topsy23?

Yes you can use Spy camera
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 9:42am On Oct 01, 2021
topsy23:

Ok, I will look into it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ias1: 10:14am On Oct 01, 2021
shocked
stanley000:
This Kentucky404 guy you are really more stupid than I imagined. You think you are on a parade, to humiliate or intimidate me right ? but you are cooking your death. We see news of some radom ppl killed for no reasons and then comments like "what did this innocent boy do to deserve this bla bla " will follow up.

Few days ago some guy was beheaded and his head played as football by small boys and you think they just woke up and decided to carry out a planned assassination like that right? But guess what that's how you will end up you know why because this same character of yours online, you will equally exhibit it offline and there will be someone hot tempered like me that will have had enough of it. You think you are untouchable right?, you think you are the chief whip, okay continue. You are still a small kid and you will learn the hard way.

I don't know where you live but i am very confident there's someone around you that you have offended and he's plotting your death already and he will successfully get you coz fools like you are unable to conver their tracks or control their tongue. So continue. This is my only account on nairaland and i will keep posting with this, wherever i post keep quoting me. You will die a horrible death and yours will make frontpage of this same nairaland.

This i wish upon you and your family wether immediate or extended family, as we read horrible stories of ppl being gruesomely killed so also will you and your family experience that kind of death and your bodied will never be found to be buried, you think these are just words and will not happen okaaaay watch and see how your life will turn out.

You will experience nothing but pains and sorrows all the rest of your days and i know you are single because no married responsible person will behave like you so you will remain single and die single and nothing you will ever achieve on earth.

Amen!!!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 10:21am On Oct 01, 2021
Adedward:
yes I will do it dat prices for u sir,
I have many design for it, I will send it to u in ur wastp sir,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jp130(m): 11:43am On Oct 01, 2021
Happy independence everyone, I want to know whether the decorative ceiling(fiber+cement) comes painted or the buyer will have to go and paint it?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 11:59am On Oct 01, 2021
Water closet available

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 12:06pm On Oct 01, 2021
twinskenny:

This is awesome
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 12:28pm On Oct 01, 2021
Should I say happy independence, what are we even celebrating?
Well any way let me follow the crowd to say happy independence to you all.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 12:29pm On Oct 01, 2021
Gurus in the house! Please, is it ok to buy a land and build close to a telecommunication mast?

There is a small piece of land that I am interested in, located in a very choice area. The compound is about 2 plots owned by a retired Director in one of the government's ministry. He built his house at the left end of the land in the 90s and currently lives there as a pensioner.

He leased a portion of the right end to MTN to have their communication mast, which have been there now for more than 8 years.

I am in talks with the man to buy the middle of the compound, which is equivalent to half a plot.

My questions are: Will I get building approval to erect a building there? Are there challenges of having mast beside your building? There are buildings at the front and sides of the masts. The buildings have been there before the mast was erected.

Cc: N3xt; Spyder880; EgunMogaji2; Dennis

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:41pm On Oct 01, 2021
Focusmind:
Gurus in the house! Please, is it ok to buy a land and build close to a telecommunication mast?

There is a small piece of land that I am interested in, located in a very choice area. The compound is about 2 plots owned by a retired Director in one of the government's ministry. He built his house at the left end of the land in the 90s and currently lives there as a pensioner.

He leased a portion of the right end to MTN to have their communication mast, which have been there now for more than 8 years.

I am in talks with the man to buy the middle of the compound, which is equivalent to half a plot.

My questions are: Will I get building approval to erect a building there? Are there challenges of having mast beside your building? There are buildings at the front and sides of the masts. The buildings have been there before the mast was erected.

Cc: N3xt; Spyder880; EgunMogaji2; Dennis

Hello Sir, I personally wouldn’t do it if my intention is to use it as a residential location.

If for commercial usage then no worries.

Communication mast as well as high voltage power lines have been alleged to cause cancer in prolonged proximity.

Good luck Sir.

“ At this time, there’s no strong evidence that exposure to RF waves from cell phone towers causes any noticeable health effects. However, this does not mean that the RF waves from cell phone towers have been proven to be absolutely safe. Most expert organizations agree that more research is needed to help clarify this, especially for any possible long-term effects.”

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KelvinCoaster(m): 3:15pm On Oct 01, 2021
stanley000:
This Kentucky404 guy you are really more stupid than I imagined. You think you are on a parade, to humiliate or intimidate me right ? but you are cooking your death. We see news of some radom ppl killed for no reasons and then comments like "what did this innocent boy do to deserve this bla bla " will follow up.

Few days ago some guy was beheaded and his head played as football by small boys and you think they just woke up and decided to carry out a planned assassination like that right? But guess what that's how you will end up you know why because this same character of yours online, you will equally exhibit it offline and there will be someone hot tempered like me that will have had enough of it. You think you are untouchable right?, you think you are the chief whip, okay continue. You are still a small kid and you will learn the hard way.

I don't know where you live but i am very confident there's someone around you that you have offended and he's plotting your death already and he will successfully get you coz fools like you are unable to conver their tracks or control their tongue. So continue. This is my only account on nairaland and i will keep posting with this, wherever i post keep quoting me. You will die a horrible death and yours will make frontpage of this same nairaland.

This i wish upon you and your family wether immediate or extended family, as we read horrible stories of ppl being gruesomely killed so also will you and your family experience that kind of death and your bodied will never be found to be buried, you think these are just words and will not happen okaaaay watch and see how your life will turn out.

You will experience nothing but pains and sorrows all the rest of your days and i know you are single because no married responsible person will behave like you so you will remain single and die single and nothing you will ever achieve on earth.

Amen!!!
Violation of Rules 2 and 3

Lawyer,Lalasticlala, Seun, Dominique, Obinnau you are notified accordingly.

Thanks.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 3:57pm On Oct 01, 2021
topsy23:

Spy cameras are much better for indoor purpose, some of them could be a wall clock or even a teddy bear hanging on the wall.

A visible out door camera is ideal if you ask me, having the idea that you are been watched will make one comport themself. A dummy camera works very well too.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 5:07pm On Oct 01, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Hello Sir, I personally wouldn’t do it if my intention is to use it as a residential location.

If for commercial usage then no worries.

Communication mast as well as high voltage power lines have been alleged to cause cancer in prolonged proximity.

Good luck Sir.

“ At this time, there’s no strong evidence that exposure to RF waves from cell phone towers causes any noticeable health effects. However, this does not mean that the RF waves from cell phone towers have been proven to be absolutely safe. Most expert organizations agree that more research is needed to help clarify this, especially for any possible long-term effects.”

Thank you. I have the same concern. But WHO, on their website, stated that having telecom mast close is of no harmful effect. My second concern is getting construction permit for buildings that are situated close to telecom mast. For NEPA high voltage power line, it is difficult but lots of houses have telecom masts in their compound. I appreciate your response. Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by soonest(f): 5:48pm On Oct 01, 2021
It's a great day for me, we moved to our house today. I want to immensely thank all contributors here. When we started our house last year, i knew next to nothing. With you guys it was an easy ride, i read up on stages ahead and our workers didn't know we were jjcs. I'm truly grateful. My prayer is that you all complete your projects in Jesus name. God bless you all

33 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chimexdnice1(m): 5:51pm On Oct 01, 2021
I could be wrong, but i use to think (from my experience) that IP cameras require one to share the same wifi connection with the camera itself? I have this issue with the camera I bought recently.
EgunMogaji2:

I don’t care if someone knows I have camera but I do prefer bronze or black color.

I use IP cameras specifically because each camera gets an IP address that I can browse to on my network from anywhere in the world.

My video data is stored locally and offsite.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 5:52pm On Oct 01, 2021
soonest:
It's a great day for me, we moved to our house today. I want to immensely thank all contributors here. When we started our house last year, i knew next to nothing. With you guys it was an easy ride, i read up on stages ahead and our workers didn't know we were jjcs. I'm truly grateful. My prayer is that you all complete your projects in Jesus name. God bless you all

God bless your new home. We go wash am o abi how you see am?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:10pm On Oct 01, 2021
soonest:
congratulations

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by walexProjects(m): 6:19pm On Oct 01, 2021
soonest:
soonest:

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by stanley000: 6:41pm On Oct 01, 2021
KelvinCoaster:

Violation of Rules 2 and 3

Lawyer,Lalasticlala, Seun, Dominique, Obinnau you are notified accordingly.

Thanks.
some of us did jungle stuffs way back in school oh, Kentucky404 is messing with something bigger than him and i am keeping my calm he's just running his fingers, okay ooo. This is where and how it begins o lol. Okay.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 7:04pm On Oct 01, 2021
soonest:

Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 8:33pm On Oct 01, 2021
soonest:

Congratulations! This is a good news. Ile atura ooo

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by veekid(m): 8:43pm On Oct 01, 2021
When the Land is Small but the Dream is Big

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2498) (2499) (2500) (2501) (2502) (2503) (2504) ... (3666) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: HossanaHeights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.