Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,214 members, 7,815,242 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2537) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4384329 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2534) (2535) (2536) (2537) (2538) (2539) (2540) ... (3666) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hagjay(m): 2:48pm On Oct 22, 2021
A 4 bedroom bungalow design - Port Harcourt
Let me be your architect today.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by neduboo(m): 2:57pm On Oct 22, 2021
Please who knows where I can buy expandable polystyrene paraphet in mainland, Lagos?

And how much does it cost per square meter.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 3:03pm On Oct 22, 2021
For a perfect beat pop design kindly call us

Ikeja we are back again

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 3:26pm On Oct 22, 2021
Coleman increase price again. Two times Within a month
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 3:38pm On Oct 22, 2021
topsy23:
kukuma update all your quotations.

Funny thing is that someone who doesn't the current price will underquote for the said job making yours look expensive. When he's mobilized, delivery will be wahala. Client go wait and complain tire
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinola98: 4:35pm On Oct 22, 2021
[quote author=skup008 post=106952913][/quote]

Mr Afeez Agbaje,

Thank goodness u came out of your hole finally. I knew you would come out to defend your shitty job after calling you out and probably look for another prey . At least I have achieved my first goal of getting u out to respond to me, after your arrogant self, ignoring me

Why lying again about the warranty period ?? even worse on a public forum, about a job still under a warranty that we both signed

Now, I will prove it to you publicly that the shitty job you did for me was under a year warranty when I complained to you . As evidences, I will refer to the agreement document and our WhatsApp conversations screenshots (will post it here) with dates

On 4/9/20 : we signed a contract agreement stating the one year warranty ( see above for document)

16/09/20 : U arrived to site with materials
17/09/20. : Work started
08/10/20 : Work finished
09/10/20 : Final balance paid to U
28/09/21. : I notified you about the floor issues

Now explain publicly how this job is out of warranty

On the issue of floor repairs: of course I agreed with u to come and repair the cracks when u suggested it could be repaired but when u said I would pay, I refused blatantly

Why should I pay for materials and even transport fares for 2 of your men to come and repair the shitty job u did, which was still under warranty… no way! … it will NEVER happen!!

As u said, u will never come to repair the bad job u did for me ….. of course I am not going to beg u …. I paid millions to get this job done so paying a competent artisan few thousands to get it right will not harm me but at least I have made other potential clients to know your incompetence, fraudulent and dishonest ways. …..

FYI, my property manager, who looks after the building and d tenants informed me that cracks have started appearing in other areas , different from the video I sent u initially . This is a job done late last year. I have seen stamped floors of over 5years with no issues

What am experiencing now is the result of employing the service of a quack who does shitty job and cares only for MONEY not the QUALITY of job … Shame unto u !!!!!

WhatsApp conversation screenshots evidences have been posted in the original thread I opened for this fraudulent act

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinola98: 4:36pm On Oct 22, 2021
I understand from your response that you wanna sue for defamation… pls do it quickly… if you don’t, then u are a bloody coward .. I will spare no cost to employ a SAN to jail you for fraud, breach of contract and obtaining money from me under false pretence

You think u can threaten me or other clients on the forum not to expose u or other fraudulent people like u …. U are on looooong run joker!!

U will serve as an example to numerous fraudsters who parade themselves on Nairaland as a contractor/artisan who has no training in what they do … all they after is client s money

For your information, am not new here, I have worked with several contractors here, not once but several times and most of them, we end up having a cordial and friendly relationship till date

Not every contractor here is dubious!!!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 5:12pm On Oct 22, 2021
akinola98:

I understand from your response that you wanna sue for defamation… pls do it quickly… if you don’t, then u are a bloody coward .. I will spare no cost to employ a SAN to jail you for fraud, breach of contract and obtaining money from me with false pretence

You think u can threaten me or other clients on the forum not to expose u or other fraudulent people like …. U are on looooong run joker!!

U will serve as an example to numerous fraudsters who parade themselves on Nairaland as a contractor/artisan who has no training in what they do … all they after is client s money

For your information, am not new here, I have worked with several contractors here, not once but several times and most of them, we end up having a cordial and friendly relationship till date

the job is bad, not a good one, to avoid issues you guys should reason and get it done. but have the guy gone to check the job? I love that word not every contractor is dubious
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinola98: 5:18pm On Oct 22, 2021
cash1115:
the job is bad, not a good one, to avoid issues you guys should reason and get it done. but have the guy gone to check the job? I love that word not every contractor is dubious

No, he is running away from his shitty work …or he is waiting for me to pay his transport fares…. A man that claims he works abroad o … hmmm
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 5:26pm On Oct 22, 2021
akinola98:

I understand from your response that you wanna sue for defamation… pls do it quickly… if you don’t, then u are a bloody coward .. I will spare no cost to employ a SAN to jail you for fraud, breach of contract and obtaining money from me with false pretence

You think u can threaten me or other clients on the forum not to expose u or other fraudulent people like …. U are on looooong run joker!!

most contractors are just after money, and most client go for lesser price they don't care for quality jobs, many clients will be like I have 10 quotations, they will be looking for the cheeper price. I radar leave the job than collecting the job that don't pays me. Every job has its own rules and regulation, our line if I charge u 100 naira per SQM last, and you price 80 many contractors will collect it but they can not give the job worth your money cos nobody want to loose, I have correct many left over jobs, when the collect lesser price
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 5:27pm On Oct 22, 2021
akinola98:

No, he is running away from his shitty work …
has he replied you yet?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Gokoyer0(m): 5:31pm On Oct 22, 2021
Who can help me to get my CofO of a piece of land in Ibadan. I am almost through with it but the process has been stagnated for long now.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FIRIKI(m): 5:39pm On Oct 22, 2021
where is your sawmill located in Edo State? please what is the price of the following roofing woods, thanks:
3x4x18.

2x4x18

2x3x18.

2x2x18

mountmoriah:

You are welcome sir, good morning to you.

All the woods we sell and supply in benin are machine saw woods or saw woods, from benin, achi, to the east.

Very rear before u find a sawmill in these regions with falada or alamole woods.

We have a very big sawmill before Edo State University.

All the works I have done in benin was done with straight good iron woods, the carpenters must use anti rust uk standard nails for the joining, from Wall plate 3x4, to King Post 2x6, 2x4 for the beams and strut joints, 2x3 for the purlins and semi hard for 2x2 ceiling noggin.

We are also trying to let house owners know that they don't need ceiling noggins for project they will install pop ceiling or boards, expect they are using pvc, 2x2 ceiling noggin is necessary for that one.

I will create a ticket for that.

The prices I gave u is for machine saw woods.

Straight woods.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akinola98: 5:40pm On Oct 22, 2021
cash1115:
most contractors are just after money, and most client go for lesser price they don't care for quality jobs, many clients will be like I have 10 quotations, they will be looking for the cheeper price. I radar leave the job than collecting the job that don't pays me. Every job has its own rules and regulation, our line if I charge u 100 naira per SQM last, and you price 80 many contractors will collect it but they can not give the job worth your money cos nobody want to loose, I have correct many left over jobs, when the collect lesser price

I understand u but a client will always bargain prices to ensure he is not being ripped off… we know in this part of the world, contractors/artisans inflate cost , sometimes to 3 times the actual value so it is normal for clients to bargain

What I don’t understand is a contractor accepting a job that he/she knows it will be difficult to execute well with the fund collected or the contractor does not even has adequate training for the job and he/she will be signing a deceit contract agreement … thinking it is normal in Nigeria to breach contract or he/she has seen a mugu ( in the contractor s head) … is that not fraudulent ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 6:34pm On Oct 22, 2021
akinola98:

I understand u but a client will always bargain prices to ensure he is not being ripped off… we know in this part of the world, contractors/artisans inflate cost , sometimes to 3 times the actual value so it is normal for clients to bargain

What I don’t understand is a contractor accepting a job that he/she knows it will be difficult to execute well with the fund collected or the contractor does not even has adequate training for the job and he/she will be signing a deceit contract agreement … thinking it is normal in Nigeria to breach contract or he/she has seen a mugu ( in the contractor s head) … is that not fraudulent ?
some don't care abt there their image tarnishing, they are just after the cash,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by princenomics: 6:45pm On Oct 22, 2021
Thanks so much sir, will communicate with you soonest
mountmoriah:

I will give u at this price in benin

2x2@N400

2x3@N500

2x4@N600

3x4@N1000

How many pieces

2x2
2x3
2x4
3x4

Do u need?

Whatsapp me

07062-32-9505
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 6:56pm On Oct 22, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/6609728/osinachiadima-global-enterprise

Your quality sitting room spanish porcelain supper polisgh floor tiles here with affordable price

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by soonest(f): 7:08pm On Oct 22, 2021
mountmoriah:

You are welcome sir, good morning to you.

All the woods we sell and supply in benin are machine saw woods or saw woods, from benin, achi, to the east.

Very rear before u find a sawmill in these regions with falada or alamole woods.

We have a very big sawmill before Edo State University.

All the works I have done in benin was done with straight good iron woods, the carpenters must use anti rust uk standard nails for the joining, from Wall plate 3x4, to King Post 2x6, 2x4 for the beams and strut joints, 2x3 for the purlins and semi hard for 2x2 ceiling noggin.

We are also trying to let house owners know that they don't need ceiling noggins for project they will install pop ceiling or boards, expect they are using pvc, 2x2 ceiling noggin is necessary for that one.

I will create a ticket for that.

The prices I gave u is for machine saw woods.

Straight woods.

Is yours 18ft as normally obtained in Benin? There must be a difference for the wide price margin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:15pm On Oct 22, 2021
neduboo:
Please who knows where I can buy expandable polystyrene paraphet in mainland, Lagos?

And how much does it cost per square meter.

I’m curious about this, please explain in detail if possible.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by veekid(m): 8:00pm On Oct 22, 2021
@ EgunMogaji2 pls! Do you have an idea of the price of iron rods in Ibadan market?
10&12 mm

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:07pm On Oct 22, 2021
veekid:
@ EgunMogaji2 pls! Do you have an idea of the price of iron rods in Ibadan market?
10&12 mm

Sorry I haven't bought steel in a while.

@KolaShangOne ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:11pm On Oct 22, 2021
DFAMEGUY11S:
https://www.nairaland.com/6609728/osinachiadima-global-enterprise

Your quality sitting room spanish porcelain supper polisgh floor tiles here with affordable price

How much are these?

You never answer anyways cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by veekid(m): 8:12pm On Oct 22, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Sorry I haven't bought steel in a while.

@KolaShangOne ?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 8:14pm On Oct 22, 2021
topsy23:

Its ok as long as $ is increasing.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 8:47pm On Oct 22, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

How much are these?

You never answer anyways cool

9800 sir
Size 60x120
Quality porcelain
Packing point 1.44m²
2pics

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 9:08pm On Oct 22, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I’m more comfortable with price per cartoon. So I’m assuming 1.12 x 7000 = N7,840 per carton of four pieces?

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 9:09pm On Oct 22, 2021
n3xt:

Dem talk say I did it for my selfish interest grin as if the roof will be installed in my house.

The earlier we start considering lightweight steel construction, the better for us. It’s far cheaper in the long run but most people always consider the present and not the future.

I have a project that requires very solid woods though I intend supporting it with steel beams due to span. Just like I did in my chateau, I’m happy to pay more than market price for solid woods.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:51pm On Oct 22, 2021
Nero2424:

Its ok as long as $ is increasing.

May God help us in this country
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 2:09am On Oct 23, 2021
topsy23:

May God help us in this country
Amen in Jesus Name

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mummy4life1: 2:32am On Oct 23, 2021
I need someone that can do POP work on flat roof(Experience person) and also aluminum person that will give me the measurements because my brother that sells aluminum will be giving me the roofing sheet. Location: Oshodi

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 2:37am On Oct 23, 2021
Mummy4life1:
I need someone that can do POP work on flat roof(Experience person) and also aluminum person that will give me the measurements because my brother that sells aluminum will be giving me the roofing sheet. Location: Oshodi
call or Whatsapp 070-6232-9505
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:23am On Oct 23, 2021
DFAMEGUY11S:

9800 sir
Size 60x120
Quality porcelain
Packing point 1.44m²
2pics

Thank you Sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2534) (2535) (2536) (2537) (2538) (2539) (2540) ... (3666) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: RockOfAgesAlumi(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.