Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2568) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4390310 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2565) (2566) (2567) (2568) (2569) (2570) (2571) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 11:05pm On Nov 10, 2021
Completion and installation of work done.
@ Mowe Ogun state
Enquiry for your own today
Call or WhatsApp on:-08069609983
Thanks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abuiltech(m): 11:19pm On Nov 10, 2021
princenomics:
Good evening House. Please i humbly need your assistance.
What should be the standard size of a soak way of 4 bedroom bungalow, all ensuite and cost implication.
Best regards.

Size of septic tank: 2500mmL x 1500mmW x 2000mmD
Max Population : 20 people
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by obinnanwozuzu(m): 12:18am On Nov 11, 2021
Please, now much will it cost me to set up a standard 4 bedroom bungalow, all room ensuite. From start to finish.

Land is already available?

Kindly treat as urgent
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timsilver(m): 1:31am On Nov 11, 2021
obinnanwozuzu:
Please, now much will it cost me to set up a standard 4 bedroom bungalow, all room ensuite. From start to finish.

Kindly treat as urgent

Do you have a design or plan? I can give you a rough idea. If not engage us for your plan and get a more specific quote.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:44am On Nov 11, 2021
In-situ Concrete Fascia minus the traditions

- no planks
- no plastering
- quick fix
- solid built
- affordable

#AlternativeBuildingSolutions #NextHome #ConcreteFascia #Parapet

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:49am On Nov 11, 2021
BrickDevo:

Baba allow me to produce something sweet and cool,

Ok. I’ll get in touch.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 3:50am On Nov 11, 2021
Who is corrently using a Bio-Digester and whats your experience? Will you recommend it for a countryside vacation home?

Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:53am On Nov 11, 2021
Wrapping up the flooring of Ilé Ode 1

>> We move to Ilé Ode 2

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Biztech05(m): 4:26am On Nov 11, 2021
seunpinky:

In addition to this, who is expected to build a house?
1. Take for example I want to build a bungalow or a duplex, who should build it, is it a builder, a civil engineer, an architect, a QS, or a building contractor ( someone who just brings and manages artisans)?

2. What criteria determines the knowledge/license of someone who can build a house?
a). Is it by the formal education they have received
b). Years of practice/ on the job experience ( informal education)?
c). Number of trainings they have attended on buildings/ constructions?

It would also be good if the professionals in the house can identify with their trade/training/area of expertise..

Modified

Builders are thought and certified to produce building that’s globally said.

Other professional are just thought few basic in building construction!
And they have their own area of specialization!

And for building contractor anybody can be that but the person must engage professionals.
Architect, Builders and Engineers e.t.c

Biztech consult

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 4:32am On Nov 11, 2021
There's gold on these streets.

This resource is an encyclopedia of building knowledge.

Few of my questions have been answered directly but using Google and creative searching of this site has yielded a lot of information that would otherwise have been hard to come by.

Thanks to all who started this thread and all who contribute to keeping it alive.

To illustrate, I wondered how do I get original rebars for a renovation project and I found TigerTMT.

I then searched and I saw their site and was able to get the contacts of their distributors in my area.

Needless to say, given the presence of fakes in our market, that validation of quality means a lot to me.

Sadly, there I am still on the lookout for genuine sellers of butyl rubber, plastic sheets, bituminous felts for DPC.

Any leads will be highly appreciated.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:40am On Nov 11, 2021
FEGEITOK:
There's gold on these streets.

This resource is an encyclopedia of building knowledge.

Few of my questions have been answered directly but using Google and creative searching of this site has yielded a lot of information that would otherwise have been hard to come by.

Thanks to all who started this thread and all who contribute to keeping it alive.

To illustrate, I wondered how do I get original rebars for a renovation project and I found TigerTMT.

I then searched and I saw their site and was able to get the contacts of their distributors in my area.

Needless to say, given the presence of fakes in our market, that validation of quality means a lot to me.

Sadly, there I am still on the lookout for genuine sellers of butyl rubber, plastic sheets, bituminous felts for DPC.

A lot of ground has been covered over the years.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:41am On Nov 11, 2021
Biztech05:

Builders are thought and certified to produce building that’s globally said.

Other professional are just thought few basic in building construction!
And they have their own area of specialization!

And for building contractor anybody can be that but the person must engage professionals.
Architect, Builders and Engineers e.t.c

Biztech consult

We argue this seemingly biannually.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 4:43am On Nov 11, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

A lot of ground has been covered over the years.

Most certainly

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:52am On Nov 11, 2021
Role of Architects in Construction Contracts

If the whole size of the project is known, it is able to understand the different sectors of the project that can be divided and provided to the contractors. Contractors take over the project and implement it with their labors as instructed by the architects/engineers.”

“ The architects have role in suggesting and choosing the contractors for different activities of construction.”

“ The role of architect from the construction process to the maintenance will insist the architect to handover an owner’s manual that will have recommendations for the future maintenance and repairs.”

At least in the USA, specifically California. Not sure about all over the world.

https://theconstructor.org/construction/architects-roles-responsibilities-construction/18511/?amp=1
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Biztech05(m): 4:55am On Nov 11, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

We argue this seemingly biannually.

Yes I know
But there’s no reason for argument sir,let just go through academia and ask at least all professional pass through academia
Expect quack ones

Then I believe you know no one will claim a pharmacist to carry out surgery
No matter how brilliant the pharmacist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 5:32am On Nov 11, 2021
RockOfAgesAlumi:
Completion and installation of work done.
@ Mowe Ogun state
Enquiry for your own today
Call or WhatsApp on:-08069609983
Thanks
Nice one brother i can sight my Banner
ImranRoofing kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by walexProjects(m): 6:07am On Nov 11, 2021
obinnanwozuzu:

Kindly treat as urgent
It will be good if you can show us Your Architectural plan.

But you can Budget around 10m.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 6:13am On Nov 11, 2021
money121:

Nice one brother i can sight my Banner
ImranRoofing kiss kiss
Good morning boss
Yes. Nice work done @ mowe

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:27am On Nov 11, 2021
FEGEITOK:

This is awesome. You definitely must be a black belt holder in construction to require this for your DPC.

Let me talk to my butyl tape supplier.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by naijacreativeha(f): 6:43am On Nov 11, 2021
obinnanwozuzu:

Kindly treat as urgent
When you are ready contact me on WhatsApp or call on 09036346989, alot of factors determine that, the type of soil, the finishing of the project but you can budget 12 to 18m , I can give you an affordable drawing and an estimate then I also do full time construction .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 7:20am On Nov 11, 2021
n3xt:

Ok. I’ll get in touch.
ok
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 7:21am On Nov 11, 2021
n3xt:

This is awesome. You definitely must be a black belt holder in construction to require this for your DPC.

Let me talk to my butyl tape supplier.

I am a layman who reads a lot, is very inquisitive and wants to do the best that can be done with he funds that are available.

But I read up to understand what the experts are doing so I can interact intelligently with them and most importantly to ensure that I am getting the quality that I deserve at a reasonable price point.

Thanks to you guys, I know that 16mm is fine for columns (pillars) for a bungalow. Same as my builder suggested.

That the lintels should be tied together to hold the house together.

That the quality of our blocks is worrisome.

That there can be no concrete parapet unless the wall has been prepared to carry those weights.

One question though, how about pouring weak concrete into our hollow walls, does anyone do this? Is it recommended?

I am particularly concerned by the DPC stuff because I have lived in homes with rising damp and someone really close to me had a health problem from it.

Finally rising damp is one of the reasons driving my renovation project.

I am using that opportunity to fortify the building with columns(pillars)

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 7:21am On Nov 11, 2021
obinnanwozuzu:

Kindly treat as urgent
Location matters? Where is it located and the complexity of the house design, room sizes and spaces will also be taken into consideration 4 or 5 million if you squeeze money hard.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:35am On Nov 11, 2021
FEGEITOK:

I am a layman who reads a lot, is very inquisitive and wants to do the best that can be done with he funds that are available.

But I read up to understand what the experts are doing so I can interact intelligently with them and most importantly to ensure that I am getting the quality that I deserve at a reasonable price point.

Thanks to you guys, I know that 16mm is fine for columns (pillars) for a bungalow. Same as my builder suggested.

That the lintels should be tied together to hold the house together.

That the quality of our blocks is worrisome.

That there can be no concrete parapet unless the wall has been prepared to carry those weights.

One question though, how about pouring weak concrete into our hollow walls, does anyone do this? Is it recommended?

I am particularly concerned by the DPC stuff because I have lived in homes with rising damp and someone really close to me had a health problem from it.

Finally rising damp is one of the reasons driving my renovation project.

I am using that opportunity to fortify the building with columns(pillars)

Welcome layman grin

In theory of structure, the strength of a building lies in the column supporting the structure and not the blocks.

That’s why frame structure is the acceptable standard for construction worldwide.

Columns carries the load and not the blocks. So pouring slurry into the hollow blocks would only add more load to your building than strength.
You might end up creating another major problem while trying to solve a simple one.

As chairman of layman builders council of this forum, I’d recommend you introduce columns into critical areas of your build.
Talk to your structural engineer about this

________

I’d share picture of a massive storey building that was built with 6 inches hollow block. It’s more than 2 decades old and it’s still very solid.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by shortgun(m): 7:48am On Nov 11, 2021
Who builds what depends on what is being built.
Ideally, in every construction project the notorious 5 should be involved... the Architect, the structural engineer, the mechanical engineer, the electrical engineer and the builder.
In reality, it doesn't make any economic sense to have all these people in a small project say a four bedroom bungalow.
Anyone with a degree in Engineering or experienced in construction should not have problems completing a four bedroom bungalow.

When it comes to big projects like the 21 floors that collapsed in Lagos, you will need the services of all the professionals in building construction or connected including wind engineers, Quantity surveyors, lawyers,Land surveyors, estate managers....e.t.c

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 7:48am On Nov 11, 2021
n3xt:

Welcome layman grin

In theory of structure, the strength of a building lies in the column supporting the structure and not the blocks.

That’s why frame structure is the acceptable standard for construction worldwide.

Columns carries the load and not the blocks. So pouring slurry into the hollow blocks would only add more load to your building than strength.
You might end up creating another major problem while trying to solve a simple one.

As chairman of layman builders council of this forum, I’d recommend you introduce columns into critical areas of your build.
Talk to your structural engineer about this

________

I’d share picture of a massive storey building that was built with 6 inches hollow block. It’s more than 2 decades old and it’s still very solid.

Your wisdom is appreciated.

Thanks very much

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:19am On Nov 11, 2021
Biztech05:

Yes I know
But there’s no reason for argument sir,let just go through academia and ask at least all professional pass through academia
Expect quack ones

Then I believe you know no one will claim a pharmacist to carry out surgery
No matter how brilliant the pharmacist

Maybe I used the wrong word, perhaps I should have used debate instead.

One should go with government and/or proven industry standard.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PrimeQuay: 8:56am On Nov 11, 2021
n3xt:

I have mine. I can lend you if your location is not too far from me.

https://instagram.com/p/CSA9gYLqQmE/

I watched the video, exactly the end result I’m hoping to achieve.

Sure I would appreciate your gesture. Location needed is Maroko area in lekki.

Do let me know if this is not too far from you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:05am On Nov 11, 2021
PrimeQuay:

I watched the video, exactly the end result I’m hoping to achieve.

Sure I would appreciate your gesture. Location needed is Maroko area in lekki.

Do let me know if this is not too far from you.

Very far but I can ask one of my guys to bring it down next week.

Please note, they might have to remove the stones too.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PrimeQuay: 10:31am On Nov 11, 2021
n3xt:

Very far but I can ask one of my guys to bring it down next week.

Please note, they might have to remove the stones too.

Okay. Removing the stone will definitely require more hands involved.

Okay then I look forward to next week. Kindly drop your contact so I can text you.

Thank you very much.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:40am On Nov 11, 2021
PrimeQuay:

Okay. Removing the stone will definitely require more hands involved.

Sure. This is necessary if the stones are not well locked and the algae growth is coming from openings.

Okay then I look forward to next week. Kindly drop your contact so I can text you.

Thank you very much.

+234.80.234.29.122

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 11:03am On Nov 11, 2021
obinnanwozuzu:

Kindly treat as urgent
where is your site located, pls kindly post your drawing, we are professionals, we are here to help kobo kobo citizens to become house owners, landlords and landladies.

We waiting what we need to help you, out of no time we would help you with our little available time.

In anticipation waiting your respond.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2565) (2566) (2567) (2568) (2569) (2570) (2571) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.