Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,452 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (434) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4390747 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:29pm On Jul 27, 2016
allCopacetic:

Lol, this man you like drama shaaa grin
We're supposed to wait just to learn that a cutting tool will be used as opposed to chisel and hammer?
Because i can only imagine how laborious that would be in the absence of something like a chaser as suggested by msogunro

wink

You just know say I like movies. The bricks can be cut with hole saw and filing machine (the same type used for cutting concretes, slabs and tiles).

However isn't it better to see it life in action as shown in msogunro's video than just trying to figure it out.

Watch out for that part in Episode 80 grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 2:09pm On Jul 27, 2016
kopell:
Be warn, a lot of illegality on going in that location. Mona garden estate is one among other 5-8 cases on going since 2009 that I knew personally.

Thanks for heads-up
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Naniakay1: 2:48pm On Jul 27, 2016
segcymoor:

Less than 3m!

May I request for a brief breakdown from you sir@ Segcymoor? I appreciate ur swift response.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 3:02pm On Jul 27, 2016
gabbytabby:
With the current rate of sharp sand being about 60k for what is essentially a 12.5 tonne truck.

Is there any research that allows the use of mias as an alternative. Most block makers in ogun and closely linked lagos neighbourhoods use this sand for block making in place of sharp sand. Mias looks to me to be crushed gravel.

Ma, while are you not considering stone dust is preferably cheaper now.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:59pm On Jul 27, 2016
ice4u999:

Please I still need help with this my people @n3xt and other builders

Don't know block rate. Daily pay is 3,500 for a bricklayer and 2,000 for labour.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ProTouchDesigns: 4:35pm On Jul 27, 2016
Dear client, will you like to give the walls of your property a wow look? Pro-Touch Designs offers you the best service in 3D wall panel & wall paper designs. Check out some of our work & design ideas below.

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by danowena: 4:56pm On Jul 27, 2016
allCopacetic:

From that price he obviously has the small coiled, low quality variant in mind. The cheapest you can get for any kind of TV cable with a copper conductor core is in the range of 4k upwards....and that's from 70-80 yds up

Please, what is the price of a drum of the TV cable with copper conductor coil.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Demainman1: 5:06pm On Jul 27, 2016
Never involve family in your project. Keep family away from your build. Don't mix family and your house project. So most people here will say.

Guess what? I listened and decided to use a friend of a brother who I thought was on my side for my roofing. Alas, him and the roofer has just dealt with me seriously. sad

It's BACK to my family abeg. It's better family chop me than for an outsider to deal with me with no guilty conscience whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 27, 2016
Demainman1:
Never involve family in your project. Keep family away from your build. Don't mix family and your house project. So most people here will say.

Guess what? I listened and decided to use a friend of a brother who I thought was on my side for my roofing. Alas, him and the roofer has just dealt with me seriously. sad

It's BACK to my family abeg. It's better family chop me than for an outsider to deal with me with no guilty conscience whatsoever.

Sorry to hear this dude.

That's naija for una.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 5:14pm On Jul 27, 2016
danowena:

Please, what is the price of a drum of the TV cable with copper conductor coil.
between 12 to 14k
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Demainman1: 5:20pm On Jul 27, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Sorry to hear this dude.

That's naija for una.

Egunmogaji, thank you sir. I guess no one can be trusted except oneself. Since one cannot be on two places at the same time we must decide if it is better to let family chop or stranger.

In this case, I choose family. cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by msogunro: 5:22pm On Jul 27, 2016
ProTouchDesigns:
Dear client, will you like to give the walls of your property a wow look? Pro-Touch Designs offers you the best service in 3D wall panel & wall paper designs. Check out some of our work & design ideas below.

When I saw the first picture, my reaction was exactly what your selling. Wow!

Very nice!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ProTouchDesigns: 5:30pm On Jul 27, 2016
msogunro:

When I saw the first picture, my reaction was exactly what your selling. Wow!

Very nice!

Thanks alot sir. I hope we will get to serve your soonest.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by msogunro: 5:37pm On Jul 27, 2016
n3xt:

wink

You just know say I like movies. The bricks can be cut with hole saw and filing machine (the same type used for cutting concretes, slabs and tiles).

However isn't it better to see it life in action as shown in msogunro's video than just trying to figure it out.

Watch out for that part in Episode 80 grin

What are the dimensions and price for the bricks?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by msogunro: 5:41pm On Jul 27, 2016
ProTouchDesigns:

Thanks alot sir. I hope we will get to serve your soonest.

I claim it!!

Let me ask you now that I've got your attention. Is it less expensive per sqm to use regular wall paper or to plaster and paint a wall?

I've always wondered.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ProTouchDesigns: 5:49pm On Jul 27, 2016
msogunro:

I claim it!!

Let me ask you now that I've got your attention. Is it less expensive per sqm to use regular wall paper or to plaster and paint a wall?

I've always wondered.

I actually will say it's less expensive to an extent if it's the regular wall paper. But it's not like the margin will be that much. To use a regular wall paper will also require you have the wall plastered so as to bring out a very smooth feel and it's beauty. So you are only comparing paint and wall paper.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by danowena: 6:00pm On Jul 27, 2016
twinskenny:
between 12 to 14k

Thanks man...is this for a small drum or a big drum? And what are their lengths?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by danowena: 6:04pm On Jul 27, 2016
ProTouchDesigns:

I actually will say it's less expensive to an extent if it's the regular wall paper. But it's not like the margin will be that much. To use a regular wall paper will also require you have the wall plastered so as to bring out a very smooth feel and it's beauty. So you are only comparing paint and wall paper.

Nice job! The first 2 pictures are not wall papers, are they? What is the cost per square meter of the regular wall paper?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ProTouchDesigns: 6:18pm On Jul 27, 2016
danowena:

Nice job! The first 2 pictures are not wall papers, are they? What is the cost per square meter of the regular wall paper?

The first two are 3D wall panels not the regular wall paper sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 6:24pm On Jul 27, 2016
Demainman1:

Why complicating issue... Why not involve a trusted roofer, builder or engineer to do your work?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 6:40pm On Jul 27, 2016
Demainman1:

i have said this many times, not all family are beast and they still remain the best option.

What's bad if my parents eat from me than outsider that can't help me if I am financially down? angry

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:44pm On Jul 27, 2016
danowena:

Thanks man...is this for a small drum or a big drum? And what are their lengths?
305m
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by msogunro: 6:45pm On Jul 27, 2016
abdulwastecx:

Why complicating issue... Why not involve a trusted roofer, builder or engineer to do your work?

Enlighten us on how to locate a trusted roofer, builder, or engineer?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 6:51pm On Jul 27, 2016
allCopacetic:

Ah, hajj that quantity no reach factory supply oo.
But In any case, I'll gladly oblige you regardless. Anything for the babas

Hah! Oga mi. I tell you say nah kobo-kobo tiny little house man dey build now...
Anything more than that size, I go call Dasuki for funding ni o. smiley

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 27, 2016
Demainman1:

Egunmogaji, thank you sir. I guess no one can be trusted except oneself. Since one cannot be on two places at the same time we must decide if it is better to let family chop or stranger.

In this case, I choose family. cool

Ultimately, I just want a sound job done. Stealing money/materials and then topping it with bad workmanship is the pits.

Sometimes you just have to leave people to their destiny.

You'll finish your house one day and they can't rob you anymore.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 27, 2016
mufutau55:

Hah! Oga mi. I tell you say nah kobo-kobo tiny little house man dey build now...
Anything more than that size, I go call Dasuki for funding ni o. smiley

Hajji M.

This is where group buys comes into play but our vendors are not there yet.

And our unemployed youths that can facilitate delivery are spending there time blaming Buhari instead of hiring a van for the day to make deliveries of group buys.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 27, 2016
abdulwastecx:

The supervision fee can be heady.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 27, 2016
msogunro:

Enlighten us on how to locate a trusted roofer, builder, or engineer?

If I may.

AbdulWastecx
Aventures
Skimanski
Bitswork
Spyder880

If I was doing a build with a fixed timeline and I can accommodate their Supervision fees then I'll go with one of these.

No one is perfect but I have found these list to be above reproach.

Why am I not using them?

My build has no immediate timeline (there are two houses, one of which is totally empty that I can stay in) and is go as I feel is necessary. Most of them would not want that.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by msogunro: 7:25pm On Jul 27, 2016
EgunMogaji:

If I may.

AbdulWastecx
Aventures
Skimanski
Bitswork
Spyder880

If I was doing a build with a fixed timeline and I can accommodate their Supervision fees then I'll go with one of these.

No one is perfect but I have found these list to be above reproach.

Why am I not using them?

My build has no immediate timeline (there are two houses, one of which is totally empty that I can stay in) and is go as I feel is necessary. Most of them would not want that.

I don't know. Their names alone sound suspect.

AbdulWastecx - will he waste my funds?
Aventures - will he go on an adventure with my money?
Skimanski - sounds like one chance to me the ski mask way.
Bitswork - will he steal my money bit by bit?
Spyder880 - I see a web of lies before my money is exhausted without a single block laid for the foundation.

I"M JUST JOKING! I've spent many hours looking in awe at their builds. They're professionals of the highest caliber.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 27, 2016
msogunro:

I don't know. Their names alone sound suspect.

AbdulWastecx - will he waste my funds?
Aventures - will he go on an adventure with my money?
Skimanski - sounds like one chance to me the ski mask way.
Bitswork - will he steal my money bit by bit?
Spyder880 - I see a web of lies before my money is exhausted without a single block laid for the foundation.

I"M JUST JOKING! I've spent many hours looking in awe at their builds. They're professionals of the highest caliber.

I'll have to admit that you had me there for a sec cheesy

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:39pm On Jul 27, 2016
EgunMogaji:

The supervision fee can be heady.

I don't mind paying Supervision fees, but I hate it when I pay "Supervision fees" and the Engineer/Builder never even set foot on the site except the first time to make quotes/estimates. Please don't ask me to list names o. I am just saying...

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:42pm On Jul 27, 2016
EgunMogaji:

This is where group buys comes into play but our vendors are not there yet.
And our unemployed youths that can facilitate delivery are spending there time blaming Buhari instead of hiring a van for the day to make deliveries of group buys.

True, true. That is what Costco, BJs and others are doing for us here....
But I may just team up with a friend who is also at my stage to combine order.
If I am not going Nigerchin, Allcopacetic will probably get my order for Coleman (cost matters between two of them).

Hajji M.

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.