Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (441) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4391627 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 7:55pm On Jul 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

EST now.

Elevated Septic Tanks cheesy

That's going to be a seriously strong foundation. Very nice.
shocked :obaba so U mean Two tanks go dey D yard ni angry, how about if one open the wrong tap grin grin grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by msogunro: 8:01pm On Jul 29, 2016
erico2k2:

Oh boy, See something,damn, so when you are going to dig for septic tank what are you going to do? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I don't know oo. I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

But someone mentioned in a previous post waste can be drained in the gutter. That may be my only option. grin grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:02pm On Jul 29, 2016
msogunro:

I don't know oo. I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

But someone mentioned in a previous post waste can be drained in the gutter. That may be my only option. grin grin grin
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 8:02pm On Jul 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

EST now.

Elevated Septic Tanks cheesy

That's going to be a seriously strong foundation. Very nice.
Click on n3xt to view

n3xt:
Biofil Toilet Digester

n3xt:
SEPTIC TANK SYSTEM vs BIOFILĀ® TOILET DIGESTER

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 8:18pm On Jul 29, 2016
msogunro:
Excavator in action

http://tinypic.com/r/nwh5rt/9

This one u dey start with heavy equipment shocked shocked

You better learn how to pretend to be broke otherwise you might spend way more.
First impression matters, and you don't want to be showing them you get "Big budget" at this stage.

See how Oga Hajji M. dey do things. grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 29, 2016
44chux:

Click on n3xt to view

Thanks but I'll pass.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 29, 2016
erico2k2:

grin grin grin

I think "agbepos" still dey business grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 8:26pm On Jul 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Hah! I don't think so o... for where?

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 29, 2016
erico2k2:

shocked :obaba so U mean Two tanks go dey D yard ni angry, how about if one open the wrong tap grin grin grin grin

Just don't put fan near there because you know when ish hits the fan grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 8:27pm On Jul 29, 2016
Anybody heard or used PURECHEM Cable/Wire? Just asking o.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by msogunro: 8:32pm On Jul 29, 2016
44chux:

First impression matters, and you don't want to be showing them you get "Big budget" at this stage.

I am broke!!! But my broda, it's a must. My neighbor is building too close for my comfort. In order to do the fence, the boulders needed to be removed.

After the fence goes up, I will take a break.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:33pm On Jul 29, 2016
mufutau55:
Anybody heard or used PURECHEM Cable/Wire? Just asking o.

Hajji M.

i think they ar good too... used them couple of times
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 29, 2016
msogunro:

I am broke!!! But my broda, it's a must. My neighbor is building too close for my comfort. In order to do the fence, the boulders needed to be removed.

After the fence goes up, I will take a break.

It's not really a must perse, it's just you fancy uppity folks grin

One guy on my street has a rock protruding from his German floor as they simply poured around it cheesy

It's a real riot.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 29, 2016
twinskenny:

Is there an approval agency in Nigeria that assures consumer protection on products so folks don't have to think, hope or assume that it is good?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:44pm On Jul 29, 2016
@ msogunro, I wish I'm closer to you. I'd really love to have those boulders to create a very beautiful garden wall at The Chateau.

E ku Ise takuntakun o.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:46pm On Jul 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

grin grin grin grin Now you brought me back to the early 80s lol Night Job grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:48pm On Jul 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

It's not really a must perse, it's just you fancy uppity folks grin

One guy on my street has a rock protruding from his German floor as they simply poured around it cheesy

It's a real riot.
How ironic, I wish I have half of that in my swamp, but then again, Bore hole cost less than N100K well and pump grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 29, 2016
erico2k2:

How ironic, I wish I have half of that in my swamp, but then again, Bore hole cost less than N100K well and pump grin grin grin

I've asked OP for some of his rocks earlier in the thread.

I'll end up buying some when I do the outdoor kitchen in the courtyard.

For now I'm physically ill from the estimates for the roof shocked

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 9:18pm On Jul 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I've asked OP for some of his rocks earlier in the thread.

I'll end up buying some when I do the outdoor kitchen in the courtyard.

For now I'm physically ill from the estimates for the roof shocked
ahah You are Ill from the xtimate of your roof, grin grin
me and carpenter plus iron bender wear one trouser like this cos Im trying to do the lintel at mine hmm Decking eta December cos that's wen the Queen permit me to fly and Ambode permit me to land

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 9:25pm On Jul 29, 2016
twinskenny:

But NOT Nigerchin/Coleman quality? Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 9:27pm On Jul 29, 2016
44chux:

You know say Poverty get level now... mine nah 1st Level poverty o. My Oga be level 3 or even 5. smiley

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:28pm On Jul 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Is there an approval agency in Nigeria that assures consumer protection on products so folks don't have to think, hope or assume that it is good?
well i dont really know.. there is SON.. we only see their stamp on nearly all products no one really know if they are doing through check and test though..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 9:29pm On Jul 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I still can't get over that... I hope that is in his livingroom o, good decoration.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ANBAKO: 10:02pm On Jul 29, 2016
n3xt:

Well done. I dey busy at my welding site doing my best on my newly found hobby.

#NowAmAWelder

Welding is an hobby to you?
I have a feeling that you don't know what welding entails, that is why you think it is hobby.

Welding angle irons and rebar isn't "welding" my brother.
There is a lot to welding that all those.

Anyways, I wish you well in your new hustle!!!

Do good for good to come your way!!!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 10:10pm On Jul 29, 2016
mufutau55:

But NOT Nigerchin/Coleman quality? Thanks.

Hajji M.

Coleman is a little bit more expensive than Pure Chem. About 200 naira difference. This difference in price may not necessarily mean quality difference but I always prefer to use Coleman.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 10:14pm On Jul 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

What's your recommendation, that one company does survey or drilling or separate entities?

Thanks.

Do they mix pipes at all onsite or it's all 10's or all 20's?

You can still use the same company sir.. Just don't let them know you're paying for the drilling per Metre.

They don't mix pipes.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 10:16pm On Jul 29, 2016
ANBAKO:

I have a feeling that you don't know what welding entails, that is why you think it is hobby.

Bros, I don't think he meant he was doing it as a hustle. Maybe just when he is bored or has new ideas to try out. I like welding too. I like having to create something. But the health implications later in life is a drawback

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ANBAKO: 10:35pm On Jul 29, 2016
KolaShangOne:

Bros, I don't think he meant he was doing it as a hustle. Maybe just when he is bored or has new ideas to try out. I like welding too. I like having to create something. But the health implications later in life is a drawback

Thanks Mr. Kola. This noted. It is just an observation and not an allegation.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 10:40pm On Jul 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Thanks but I'll pass.

I hope ur not that unforgiving oohh grin

Life is too short for that wink

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 11:03pm On Jul 29, 2016
ANBAKO:

I hope we know that 9ja Rebar rods have high carbon equivalent content and therefore require temperature caution while welding, otherwise they become brittle and act like the concrete they are supposed to reinforce

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 11:11pm On Jul 29, 2016
twinskenny:
well i dont really know.. there is SON.. we only see their stamp on nearly all products no one really know if they are doing through check and test though..
Maybe like NAFDAC they only do due diligence on the first batch, after that its smooth sailing. NAFDAC reassessment is only done on paper.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:17pm On Jul 29, 2016
KolaShangOne:

Coleman is a little bit more expensive than Pure Chem. About 200 naira difference. This difference in price may not necessarily mean quality difference but I always prefer to use Coleman.

Thank you.. where does Nigerchin fit into quality aspects.

Hajji M.

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.