Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (901) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4412664 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (898) (899) (900) (901) (902) (903) (904) ... (3670) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rabcnesbit: 2:18pm On Mar 16, 2018
snakebeat:

Better; go for H beams steel
Cheaper go for 4" galvinized pipe or concrete.
But i normally advise steel stand, because one may need to utilize space in the future, u can easily relocate steel stand, but concrete stand is not moveable.

Hello, thank you for the advice. Where can I find more info about H Beam, 4" galvanized steel, and the steel stand (I mean pictures of what you are talking about)? In the meantime, I will do some 'Googling' smiley

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by snakebeat: 2:33pm On Mar 16, 2018
rabcnesbit:

Hello, thank you for the advice. Where can I find more info about H Beam, 4" galvanized steel, and the steel stand (I mean pictures of what you are talking about)? In the meantime, I will do some 'Googling' smiley
H Beams are steel in H form
While galvanized pipe are in circular form.
But u will need to engange an experience welder & a manson to supervise the construction if u are building on a good soil. but if your land is waterlogged, u may need to involve a professional.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rabcnesbit: 2:39pm On Mar 16, 2018
snakebeat:

H Beams are steel in H form
While galvanized pipe are in circular form.
But u will need to engange an experience welder & a manson to supervise the construction if u are building on a good soil. but if your land is waterlogged, u may need to involve a professional.

snakebeat, thank you very much for the fast response, much appreciated. Is the first picture the H-Beam, and the second picture the 4" galvanised steel? Do you have a picture of the steel stand you were talking about? Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by snakebeat: 3:40pm On Mar 16, 2018
rabcnesbit:

snakebeat, thank you very much for the fast response, much appreciated. Is the first picture the H-Beam, and the second picture the 4" galvanised steel? Do you have a picture of the steel stand you were talking about? Thank you
Yes first H beam culled from rotech77 thread
second galvinized pipe.
They are both water tank steel stand.

If u are in lag, u can contact rotech77 for guidance. Since he has done sth similar.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 16, 2018
Construction accidents occur all over the world, it's not exclusive to any one country.

The key differences are first responder medical care, investigation, and accountability.

First Responder Medical Care - victims will be reached quickly by trained emergency medical staff and proper medical care addressed. They won't be asked to go and make a deposit first before care is rendered.

Investigation - root cause analysis will be done so that the chances of similar failures do not occur again.

Accountability - people will be held responsible, people will be sued, victims and families will be compensated.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 4:14pm On Mar 16, 2018
We do it better...
...beyond IMAGINATION

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rabcnesbit: 4:35pm On Mar 16, 2018
snakebeat:

Yes first H beam culled from rotech77 thread
second galvinized pipe.
They are both water tank steel stand.

If u are in lag, u can contact rotech77 for guidance. Since he has done sth similar.

Many thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by seunpinky(m): 4:37pm On Mar 16, 2018
Good day to my ogas in the house, please i just saw some pcitures from a renowned architect's page on nairaland, where by pillars were built/placed on block form-work. is this proper structurally? find pics below

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 16, 2018
EgunMogaji:
Construction accidents occur all over the world, it's not exclusive to any one country.

The key differences are first responder medical care, investigation, and accountability.

First Responder Medical Care - victims will be reached quickly by trained emergency medical staff and proper medical care addressed. They won't be asked to go and make a deposit first before care is rendered.

Investigation - root cause analysis will be done so that the chances of similar failures do not occur again.

Accountability - people will be held responsible, people will be sued, victims and families will be compensated.

Accountability - heh tell that to the people of flint. Just sayin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 16, 2018
oyb:

Accountability - heh tell that to the people of flint. Just sayin

The people of Flint have accountability for their water issue. No system is perfect but it is my opinion that it is adequate. Are people not held accountable or are steps not taken to avoid future occurrence? wink
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 5:28pm On Mar 16, 2018
writejhn27:

Thanks

sorry this is the full id: shams040
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 16, 2018
seunpinky:
Good day to my ogas in the house, please i just saw some pcitures from a renowned architect's page on nairaland, where by pillars were built/placed on block form-work. is this proper structurally? find pics below

Not saying it is so in this situation BUT I have seen columns started with a sandwich of blocks. Meaning blocks were used instead of wood planks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 6:03pm On Mar 16, 2018
Rubbiish:

Even USA?
sad

Even in the USA. Though investigation is currently on going, just looking at the picture, one can safely hazard a guess for the failure: the span may be too long to support the deadload. The bridge was accelaratedly built and transported to site. It's a cost and time saving technology.

Improved technology is good, don't get me wrong but the risk of failure is heightened when one cuts corners. Insitu time tested methods should be encouraged with possibly improved tools and equipment. Radically changing a process can be fatal.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 6:05pm On Mar 16, 2018
seunpinky:

Very wrong if the picture is what to go by.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 7:35pm On Mar 16, 2018
ITABABE:
price for sharp sand was not included because we have that on ground. I have a problem with the cost of the granite though. Any idea how much a ton costs normally

It all depends on your location for price and except you have some left over granite on site. You'll need a 1 trip full load single axle of granite for your culvert and I do not think that equals to 5 tons. But I want to believe the price quoted for is for a full load single trip.
Look closely at the various pix; 2 different ways for doing a box culvert cum drainage.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 17, 2018
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by alstacs(m): 9:56am On Mar 17, 2018
Chekitaut:
We do it better...

...beyond IMAGINATION

How many tonnes do you have in there and what is the average price, transport inclusive
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:50am On Mar 17, 2018
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:14pm On Mar 17, 2018
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 2:16pm On Mar 17, 2018
One funny thing about NL is that you can create multiple accounts under different id but the leopard cannot change its skin. cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:20pm On Mar 17, 2018
folmus:
One funny thing about NL is that you can create multiple accounts under different id but the leopard cannot change its skin. cheesy cheesy

I smell a rat! �
I just play along for a while.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 3:28pm On Mar 17, 2018
folmus:
Hahaha, Una go kill person with laugh for Nairaland.com, Nairaland has CIA, FBI, lsreali mossad, Scotland Yard police �, Hahaha, grin back to my hideout on Mount Everest , the ghost of brabus roaming on the thread tongue

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:51pm On Mar 17, 2018
-
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:08pm On Mar 17, 2018
-
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 4:33pm On Mar 17, 2018
TheMinimalist:
This thread is fvcking boring with such autocratic tendencies . I can tell these guys are old and grumpy . I'm 27 and i have more money than these old probably potbellied bastards . Who gives a fvck if anyone creates 1 million accounts and post whatever they like. . everything I post is about construction whether or not its architecture or renderings , it's all part of construction ideas and visualization. in fact , I got a few emails from over 10 people who liked the photos to be used as their inspiration.
also ,why do these idiiots think anyone who post pictorial illustrations must be trying to sell stuff? I always prefer pictorial illustrations because most humans are visual learners. All of my comments on this forum are for inspiration and expression of ideas ,not for profits . That's why I think this thread should be ditched for a new orderly thread .
l don't think it will be necessary to open another thread because this one is already addressing alot of hands -on construction issues, I think you have created a pictorial thread on what you want, suffice it to be so, kindly refrain from using abusive words because it will gradually make those you would have attracted to your thread to completely avoid you, you are free to answer construction related questions you think you can respond to on here, enjoy your day smiley

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 5:13pm On Mar 17, 2018
AngelicBeing:
l don't think it will be necessary to open another thread because this one is already addressing alot of hands -on construction issues, I think you have created a pictorial thread on what you want, suffice it to be so, kindly refrain from using abusive words because it will gradually make those you would have attracted to your thread to completely avoid you, you are free to answer construction related questions you think you can respond to on here, enjoy your day smiley

Good reply. Thank you.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 6:09pm On Mar 17, 2018
AngelicBeing:
Right!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 8:37pm On Mar 17, 2018
@ TheMinimalist

If you feel you have something to offer by opening a thread as regards construction related issues bringing in what is lacking in here, kindly feel free to bring it on the space.

Any one interested will find his/her way to the thread.
Good luck.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 9:54pm On Mar 17, 2018
bixton:
@ TheMinimalist

If you feel you have something to offer by opening a thread as regards construction related issues bringing in what is lacking in here, kindly feel free to bring it on the space.

Any one interested will find his/her way to the thread.
Good luck.
quite straight and firm.
I pray he takes the advice lively but good for him anyway
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by maingain(m): 2:21pm On Mar 18, 2018
I received this quotation yesterday and I want to seek people opinion about it. Thanking whoever take his/her time to review this.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 2:45pm On Mar 18, 2018
maingain:
I received this quotation yesterday and I want to seek people opinion about it. Thanking whoever take his/her time to review this.
Are u proposing wall tiles for some wall areas in your building?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rabcnesbit: 3:08pm On Mar 18, 2018
My people. Good afternoon to you all and peace be unto you. I need your advice please regarding doing the flooring of my compound. What are the different types? I know the common one is interlocking, but I have reservation about this because the growth of weed later on on the surface (see attached picture. PS. that is not my compound, just a picture for illustration). I was thinking more of just concrete (is this what is called concrete stamping) like done in the past as my experience of this is that weed never sprout out from underneath. So what is the best method in terms of prevent weed sprouting through (thus lower maintenance), costs and durability? Thank you!

(1) (2) (3) ... (898) (899) (900) (901) (902) (903) (904) ... (3670) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.