Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,374 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4390563 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by smiley001(m): 8:28pm On Apr 30, 2016
agarawu23:
Oga, you are right.

But the bro lives abroad and opportunities are higher for younger guys that are focused and hard working than young guys struggling in Nigeria. Tho I don't know his source of income over there. But I just want u to know the age isn't bad if we make use of opportunities for good. I am 26 and I must brag I have achieved a lot in my early age and I have been hustling "legally" since I was 18.

Good story and keep hustling.

I was 26 yrs close to a decade ago(not up to but close to) and rounding off my NYSC.

By the way, Is it in naija you hustle or abroad?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 8:34pm On Apr 30, 2016
smiley001:

Good story and keep hustling.

I was 26 yrs close to a decade ago(not up to but close to).

By the way, Is it naija you hustle or abroad?
both sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by smiley001(m): 8:40pm On Apr 30, 2016
agarawu23:
both sir

Ok sir...

All in all, there are no late comers when it comes to becoming a landlord but it's always good to make good use of ones first millions instead of spending it on beans cake.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 8:43pm On Apr 30, 2016
smiley001:

Ok sir...

All in all, there are no late comers when it comes to becoming a landlord but it's always good to make good use of ones first millions instead of spending it on beans cake.
Oga, na so. May God crown our hustle.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:54pm On Apr 30, 2016
jossy26:

The original documents is in the name of the original owner of the land, she did signed all the deed when she sold it to the second owner it was when the second owner sold to me that she has refused to sign for me

Ok,so you have deed and survey from the second seller,didn't your lawyer made contact with alausa during the land name search?.Anyway am sure it can be rectified,make a call to lawyer here,but you shouldn't have bought that land if the sellers name are different from name on record in land registry,I think the old owner want to be settled,tell your seller to bring you to her(previous owner).

Am sure things can be sorted easily.

Good luck.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jossy26: 9:41pm On Apr 30, 2016
euromilion:

Ok,so you have deed and survey from the second seller,didn't your lawyer made contact with alausa during the land name search?.Anyway am sure it can be rectified,make a call to lawyer here,but you shouldn't have bought that land if the sellers name are different from name on record in land registry,I think the old owner want to be settled,tell your seller to bring to her.

Am sure things can be sorted easily.

Good luck.
Thanks a lot sir for your response, I really do appreciate, my lawyer is on it its just that am impatient about the whole thingy, the person I bought it from never imagined the original owner will be this difficult, like you said maybe she's looking at the amount she sold and the new amount the new person sold it to me and want something as well
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:42am On May 01, 2016
3D floors by Frangipani

Elegance meets excellence! call/ whatsapp 08097818044 (Nigeria) or 09099998301(Port Harcourt) 09099998302 (Lagos) 09099998304 (Abuja) for more enquiries.

www.frangipanigroup.com.ng

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 7:48am On May 01, 2016
n3xt:
3D floors by Frangipani

Elegance meets excellence! call/ whatsapp 08097818044 (Nigeria) or 09099998301(Port Harcourt) 09099998302 (Lagos) 09099998304 (Abuja) for more enquiries.

www.frangipanigroup.com.ng
wow!!! Can we have details how much they charge per sguare meters?

Happy Sunday sir

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 9:49am On May 01, 2016
abdulwastecx:

It depend on the part of Abuja he is talking about
In the satellite town like gwagwalada, kubwa etc or outskirts (marababa or suleja) it is cheaper to build a house you to carcass but inside the city you pay a lot of money to fcda people at every stage of the work.

Thanks abdulwastecx
Those Satellite towns, how much on average is a plot of land, an area where people are already living there and not bushy area.
Inside the city where you pay FCDA, is that bribes or government receipted fees ?
The impression I have always had about Abuja is that the city is mega expensive and the affordable areas are more like in Nasarawa state, now thats not Abuja.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 9:52am On May 01, 2016
Chekitaut:
Am giving you update you contesting, a ton of Granite from quarry is 2,700, stone dust is 2,200. Make your findings pls, transport excliding o

Mind you all this while you have being scam on tonnage because no 12tires in Abuja carries 30ton exeprt Sinotruck bambam loading.

I dont know whether to class those checkitout prices as cheap.

In Lagos

I pay 55k for bambam plaster sand.
125k or so for bambam granite.
and I think 40 something for sharp sand, this was all before the strike by the sand people, and trust me the sand is well full and well loaded, I got rid of the scamming sand people and those who asked me to get a scientist to measure sand, some building contractors would really crack you up.. grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 12:24pm On May 01, 2016
mavverick:

Thanks abdulwastecx
Those Satellite towns, how much on average is a plot of land, an area where people are already living there and not bushy area.
Inside the city where you pay FCDA, is that bribes or government receipted fees ?
The impression I have always had about Abuja is that the city is mega expensive and the affordable areas are more like in Nasarawa state, now thats not Abuja.

Niger state expecially suleja is another place where real estate is on the rise.

The town is very close to the city center and land therr are relatively affordable in very good areas.

On an average it cost between 1.5m to 2m in good areas
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 12:32pm On May 01, 2016
abdulwastecx:

Niger state expecially suleja is another place where real estate is on the rise.

The town is very close to the city center and land therr are relatively affordable in very good areas.

On an average it cost between 1.5m to 2m in good areas

When you talk about "very good areas", were you referring to areas with tarred roads?

Can I see some pictures, please? I lived in Abuja for 7 years and I know FCT, part of Niger, and Nasarawa very well.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 12:47pm On May 01, 2016
FastShipping:

When you talk about "very good areas", were you referring to areas with tarred roads?

Can I see some pictures, please? I lived in Abuja for 7 years and I know FCT, part of Niger, and Nasarawa very well.

I am talking about areas with good access road, area closer to express way ( Abuja - kaduna express way), area with pipe born water, area with relatively good security.
In suleja, such areas are kaduna road, back of sarafina, suleja club, chenchenia, second gate etc.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 12:50pm On May 01, 2016
abdulwastecx:

I am talking about areas with good access road, area closer to express way ( Abuja - kaduna express way), area with pipe born water, area with relatively good security.
In suleja, such areas are kaduna road, back of sarafina, suleja club, chenchenia, second gate etc.

How much can one get a plot of land in area where there is tarred road within Suleja metropolis?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 1:08pm On May 01, 2016
mavverick:

I dont know whether to class those checkitout prices as cheap.

In Lagos

I pay 55k for bambam plaster sand.
125k or so for bambam granite.
and I think 40 something for sharp sand, this was all before the strike by the sand people, and trust me the sand is well full and well loaded, I got rid of the scamming sand people and those who asked me to get a scientist to measure sand, some building contractors would really crack you up.. grin
Where is the location in Lagos? At d moment all ur price are not of 30tons plaster and sharp sand.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 1:10pm On May 01, 2016
[quote author=FastShipping post=45209562]

How much can one get a plot of land in area where there is tarred road within Suleja metropolis?[/quote
let me make inquiries for you sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 01, 2016
FastShipping:

Oga, which part of Niger u know?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 3:06pm On May 01, 2016
segzy14:

Oga, which part of Niger u know?

A lot of the part of Niger State I'm aware of. I lived in Abuja for 7yrs and 8 months. Nasarawa, Niger and Kaduna were places I visited more than 40 times while in Abuja. I have friends all over these places.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 3:10pm On May 01, 2016
Please fellow nlanders what is the average daily pay for a Bricklayer and a labourer for block setting work and casting work for Lagos and environs . Brabus, segcymoor, kolashange, Hajji' agba, maverick, afolabi etc. Thanks all for your assistance on this
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 3:23pm On May 01, 2016
agarawu23:
Oga, you are right.

But the bro lives abroad and opportunities are higher for younger guys that are focused and hard working than young guys struggling in Nigeria. Tho I don't know his source of income over there. But I just want u to know the age isn't bad if we make use of opportunities for good. I am 26 and I must brag I have achieved a lot in my early age cos I have been hustling "legally" since I was 18.

Chairman you know sey i don talk am before sey you be politician. But its great to know there are young guys creating opportunities for themselves in honest ways.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:27pm On May 01, 2016
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:54pm On May 01, 2016
back2sender:
Please fellow nlanders what is the average daily pay for a Bricklayer and a labourer for block setting work and casting work for Lagos and environs . Brabus, segcymoor, kolashange, Hajji' agba, maverick, afolabi etc. Thanks all for your assistance on this

All my Ogas here will surely contribute.
But I have only paid by blocks at N50 per block at most.
If upstairs, daily labourers are also employed solely to carry the blocks upstairs.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 4:14pm On May 01, 2016
Your opinion is needed!!!

I got this estimate for this rough plan(I don't have a soft copy of final drawing 4 now). The engr. wants to charge NGN4.4mil for Labour from ground to finishing including electrical and plumbing + windows and doors, while I supply materials myself.

cc:
Brabus
segcymoor
kolashange
spyder880

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:21pm On May 01, 2016
44chux:

I got this estimate for this rough plan(I don't have a soft copy of final drawing 4 now). The engr. wants to charge NGN4.4mil for Labour from ground to finishing including electrical and plumbing + windows and doors, while I supply materials myself.

Pardon me for going off track but please reconsider the placement of the master bedroom and the laundry.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 4:37pm On May 01, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Pardon me for going off track but please reconsider the placement of the master bedroom and the laundry.

The Laundry is actually for study/home office (labeling error) while the "suit" attached to the master bedroom is a walk-in closet. Where would you like me to position them?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 5:09pm On May 01, 2016
back2sender:

Chairman you know sey i don talk am before sey you be politician.
I don't have income source tru politics, I am just involved in political discussion online and that's all.

But its great to know there are young guys creating opportunities for themselves in honest ways.
exactly. It's encouraging.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 5:16pm On May 01, 2016
44chux:

cc:
Brabus
segcymoor
kolashange
spyder880
he is killing you with the supervision cost. Tell him to break it down or if you have the whole cash to finish the build at once, negotiate the supervision fee together to cut cost. That's all I can say. .

Let's wait for our oga's cool

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 01, 2016
44chux:

The Laundry is actually for study/home office (labeling error) while the "suit" attached to the master bedroom is a walk-in closet. Where would you like me to position them?

Okay, the misnamed threw me off for the laundry.

For the master, I'm not seeing good airflow. If it were me I would put the walk-in closet next to the bathroom and move the master bedroom forward.

In fact, that is what I did on my project. Just all suggestions. Good luck on your project.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 5:40pm On May 01, 2016
agarawu23:
he is killing you with the supervision cost. Tell him to break it down or if you have the whole cash to finish the build at once, negotiate the supervision fee together to cut cost. That's all I can say. .

Let's wait for our oga's cool

He doesn't even want me to pay/negotiate per item. His terms are that he will handle all the labour exclusively with his own workers. I am to pay the N4.4 to cover for his fees and the labor in four installments. I think the amount is negotiable but haven't tried until I get general advice and maybe counter offers from the house).
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 5:50pm On May 01, 2016
EgunMogaji:

For the master, I'm not seeing good airflow. If it were me I would put the walk-in closet next to the bathroom and move the master bedroom forward.

In fact, that is what I did on my project. Just all suggestions. Good luck on your project.

Very good point.
The only reason for the bathroom position was coz we tried to pair bathrooms to use a common exterior decorative gutter channel for the plumbing (for aesthetics and maintenance access). Will check with architect.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 5:56pm On May 01, 2016
44chux:

He doesn't even want me to pay/negotiate per item. His terms are that he will handle all the labour exclusively with his own workers. I am to pay the N4.4 to cover for his fees and the labor in four installments. I think the amount is negotiable but haven't tried until I get general advice and maybe counter offers from the house).
sir!!! It's your money and he can't give you conditions.

Is he the only engineer? Here on Nl, we have honest engineers that can give u affordable service cool

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 6:04pm On May 01, 2016
agarawu23:
sir!!! It's your money and he can't give you conditions.

Is he the only engineer? Here on Nl, we have honest engineers that can give u affordable service cool

Location is Warri...
Many NL engineers are afraid of Warri...
Finally, Am time constrained. Hoping to get offers here today.

Who would you recommend?

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.