Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (278) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4398686 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 6:14pm On May 29, 2016
@ agarawu . What are you talking about ? Me spend money on what I don't need ? Tax ? That is the only thing I have bin paying without getting a good leader to manage it and use properly . Me ? Why did you say that ? Tufikwa?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 29, 2016
AZUH:
@ egunmojagi ' egunmojagi n egunegun is same thing . I am not scared at all . Remember what this forum said about my house ? You expect to forgive just like that ?

AZUH:
Nigerians !!! If you still take all these men to the site without being there . They will do same thing . We'll it's my property and I think I have getting what I need . I will contact who I need to contact at the right time . God bless everyone . Na dpc carry me waka come . I hope lastma doesn't arrest me today . This head is not stable at all . They don't know the pain . Uwa

We missed this warning that you gave us grin

Carry go, nothing do you. Area!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 6:22pm On May 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:
Erico2k2, old boy I hope you have supply of paper and pencil.

It looks like it's going to be a rowdy class today grin
Infact I don request for Xtra sheets grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 6:38pm On May 29, 2016
AZUH:
@ agarawu . What are you talking about ? Me spend money on what I don't need ? Tax ? That is the only thing I have bin paying without getting a good leader to manage it and use properly . Me ? Why did you say that ? Tufikwa?
i have asked you twice about your site but no response from u. You are talking about govt who don't care about your existence, I have stopped involving myself in politics issues online months ago. I tot it was just for fun not knowing people choose to hate u cos you aren't dancing to their tune.

[size=14pt]any solution yet to your house? [/size]

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 7:48pm On May 29, 2016
end time people
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 7:49pm On May 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

kk i will take note
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 9:13pm On May 29, 2016
@agarawu . You must be a very smart man . I am not going to bother myself about politics for the next three years !!nothing yet we only did landscaping to stop the water ! I am going to get someone here to join the engineer we have on board . Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 10:29pm On May 29, 2016
AZUH:
@agarawu . You must be a very smart man . I am not going to bother myself about politics for the next three years !!nothing yet we only did landscaping to stop the water ![size=14pt] I am going to get someone here to join the engineer we have on board .[/size] Thanks
ontop this bungalow Engineers on board How many dey on ground already How many are you bringing more
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:43pm On May 29, 2016
agarawu23:
ontop this bungalow Engineers on board How many dey on ground already How many are you bringing more

AbdulWastecx
ArchitectB
Aventures
KolaShangOne
RichYoungRuler
Skimanksi
Spyder880

Not a conclusive list, I will append to it as I remember...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 11:51pm On May 29, 2016
grin grin grin for the 4th mainland bridge abi Mr azuh's pilers?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 12:09am On May 30, 2016
Come to think of it, Human beans are WICKED, Human being are God fearing. Them don shown me sote water no fit run again for my eye...

Dem forget... u can run but u can't hide, except there is no air wherevere u running to. Laf well now ooo, but family go end up pity u.

HELP OOO, dey won send me back to village(Lagos) dem forget say dem come met me for my village
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 12:14am On May 30, 2016
EgunMogaji:

AbdulWastecx
ArchitectB
Aventures
KolaShangOne
RichYoungRuler
Skimanksi
Spyder880

Not a conclusive list, I will append to it as I remember...

Please leave them ooo,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:35am On May 30, 2016
Chekitaut:
Come to think of it, Human beans are WICKED, Human being are God fearing. Them don shown me sote water no fit run again for my eye...

Dem forget... u can run but u can't hide, except there is no air wherevere u running to. Laf well now ooo, but family go end up pity u.

HELP OOO, dey won send me back to village(Lagos) dem forget say dem come met me for my village

Wait, are you being owed again? grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 1:04am On May 30, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Wait, are you being owed again? grin
yes ooo, I tire sef. Won fe pa mi sugbon Olorun wa

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:08am On May 30, 2016
Chekitaut:
yes ooo, I tire sef. Won fe pa mi sugbon Olorun wa

There's no longer anything as customer is always right.

It's the good on time paying customer, who is not a deadbeat or lying scoundrel, that is always right and is worth his weight in gold. How can people sleep comfortably at night knowing they are owning money to another man? In this same tough and rough Nigeria?

Maybe you can send Azuh after them, he's ready to run enter the market unclad in pursuit of these scoundrels grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 5:03am On May 30, 2016
selade:
@Hajj, Lastpage

Many thanks.

Hello everyone,

Pls quick question.

Do I need parapet for Aluminium roofing (Longspan, Steptiles or Metcoppo)?

Thanks in advance

Parapet is just for extra beauty (aesthetics), serves some use in a areas where the wind is very strong (prevents wind from going right under your roof and ....away it goes! grin ) some incorporates rain-gutters into it..... but it can also increase the weight of your building, which becomes significant in areas with low, lood-bearing soils.

No relationship with the type of "roof covering" you use on your roof frame.

Cheers.

Lastpage!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RichYoungRuler(m): 11:55am On May 30, 2016
EgunMogaji:
[quote author=EgunMogaji post=46087279]
Maybe you can send Azuh after them, he's ready to enter market unclad grin
Can't help but laugh,good one Boss, EgunMogaji
Chekitaut....All Is Well, by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 1:20pm On May 30, 2016
No respect !!!! @ agarawu stop asking about my site , are you related to the engineer ? This unclad of a thing everybody is using ? I don't understand . If the engineer can mess with my 27m without mercy . I will unclad oh .

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 1:31pm On May 30, 2016
AZUH:
No respect !!!! @ agarawu stop asking about my site , are you related to the engineer ? This unclad of a thing everybody is using ? I don't understand . If the engineer can mess with my 27m without mercy . I will unclad oh .
I think your case don pass Noise maker list, I have to get Video evidence, waht location are you planning on going commando plz?? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olapluto(m): 1:35pm On May 30, 2016
AZUH:
Whats your interest rate? It was previously 8m. Or you just pick a figure based on your mood of the day?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 5:15pm On May 30, 2016
spyder880:

Oga lastpage another advantage is that people from the next village can see my roof from three kilometres away (happy weekend everyone)
How high(ft) this is please?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 30, 2016
Empiree:
How high(ft) this is please?

https://www.nairaland.com/2712462/making-low-budget-5-bedroom

spyder880:
Roof king post height is 6.9 meters cheesy

Something to also consider is the width of the house.

The wider the house the lower it will look and vice versa.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:10pm On May 30, 2016
EgunMogaji:

https://www.nairaland.com/2712462/making-low-budget-5-bedroom

Something to also consider is the width of the house.

The wider the house the lower it will look and vice versa.

Very True.

Here's a roof of almost the same height but it looks like a dwarf roof because the house is wider.

What we did was to play around with variations.

2013 Project

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:11pm On May 30, 2016
Here's 8.5m send down the rain on another wide footprint.

2011 Project

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 8:19pm On May 30, 2016
all this high roofs sefs, i dont fancy it.
am team low/flat room.

oyibos use that space as attic/spare rm.......in the tropics here, its all but useless cos of the heat..........i wonder why we still do such roofs in naija,
looking for an out of the box builder/thinker to gimme a flat/low roof with space still for running cables n other ceiling ops

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:25pm On May 30, 2016
I guess I'm not the only one who doesn't fancy the roof style. More reason, I tried to make them look smaller and put some life (in form of variations) in them.

If I can have a house without a roof, I'll do without any regret.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:37pm On May 30, 2016
Now, here's a larger footprint (505sqm) with a proposed 9deg slope non-visible flat roof.

*Using 1mm Tower Longspan Aluminium Roofing Sheet. (Special Order)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 30, 2016
earthrealm:
all this high roofs sefs, i dont fancy it.
am team low/flat room.

oyibos use that space as attic/spare rm.......in the tropics here, its all but useless cos of the heat..........i wonder why we still do such roofs in naija,
looking for an out of the box builder/thinker to gimme a flat/low roof with space still for running cables n other ceiling ops

I have a flat roof on my garage apartment.

Architect spec'd a 2.5 coach kingpost height but Carpenter did a 5 coach high kingpost on his own. One of the pitfalls of being a General Contractor from 8,000 miles away from site.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:17pm On May 30, 2016
Visible 12.5deg Slope Flat Roof | The Reserve by NextHome (2014)

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Walexzeee: 9:50pm On May 30, 2016
I have come to realize that,the cost of building in location A is quite diferent from B.i replicate a design done in ilorin for a client in ilesha.suprisingly ilorin was cheaper..i think consulting with a qts.wil give a nice insight,and it should b a Qts based around in d locality to which d construction is to be caried out...walexzeee@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:05pm On May 30, 2016
n3xt:

Very True.

Here's a roof of almost the same height but it looks like a dwarf roof because the house is wider.

What we did was to play around with variations.

2013 Project

I like the quality of masonry work in this picture. Very neat and straight.

PS: To those currently aggrieved, regardless on what is going on in your site, I still reserve my right to praise quality work when I see it.

#BabyBathWater

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 11:38pm On May 30, 2016
#Teamflatroofing

Kowope level grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.