Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,077 members, 7,845,535 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

'empire' Sued Again They Stole My Idea ... And I Want $500 Million - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'empire' Sued Again They Stole My Idea ... And I Want $500 Million (437 Views)

Kanye West Stole My Idea - M.I Abaga Says / Ebuka: "They Stole A Television, My Shoes And My Clothes At My Wedding" / "Copycat Olamide Stole My Look" - Cobhams Asuquo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'empire' Sued Again They Stole My Idea ... And I Want $500 Million by slimdandmuffy: 9:24am On Aug 25, 2015
Imagine "Empire" with Shaft in the lead role ... that was the vision one guy had, but it never got made ... and now he believes the creators of the show owe him $500 million for stealing his idea.

A guy named Jon Astor-White is suing EPs Danny Strong and Lee Daniels -- as well as Imagine Entertainment and 21st Century Fox -- claiming he shopped around a show called "King Solomon" back in 2007 ... which bears a lot of similarities to "Empire."

Astor-White claims his show would have starred Richard Roundtree (Shaft said no thanks) and was about a record executive and his family and their battle over control of the company.

Astor-White said he faxed the treatment around, and included a proposed cast list which was aspirational, to say the least. In addition to Roundtree, Astor-White wanted Diahann Carroll, Alicia Keys, Kanye West, John Goodman, George Hamilton and Angie Dickinson.

See more; http://www.blacksatino.com/2015/08/empire-sued-again-they-stole-my-idea.html

(1) (Reply)

Bomb Blast To Nigerian Girls, Mikel Obi Has Two Children / From Olamide Badoo / Joseph Is Year Old, He Celebrates With Wife And Kids. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.