Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,809 members, 7,827,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Phd Or CIPM? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Phd Or CIPM? (1024 Views)

Meet Lanre Udu, Medical Doctor With Two Bachelors, Two Master's Degrees, PHD / Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership / Chartered Institute Of Personnel Mgt CIPM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Phd Or CIPM? by femeritus: 4:41pm On Aug 25, 2015
I completed my masters degree programme recently and have been looking for a job. I have taught in some international secondary schools and also have some experience in administration , including top management position in one of the schools. Now, I am tired of the hostile working environment in the school, coupled with the fact that there is neither job security nor future there. I want to further my career but I am considering either going into management (CIPM) or doing a PhD programme, since universities these days do not even consider masters degree holders for academic positions (except you can present an evidence you have started your PhD ). I did my first and second degree programmes in English ( not Education) with a brilliant performance. Please I need advice on where you think my chances of securing employment are brighter. If the resources were there, I wouldn't have minded doing the two simultaneously but now I have to prioritise. Please advise.

Thanks.
Re: Phd Or CIPM? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 05, 2015
CIPM
Re: Phd Or CIPM? by praxs(m): 2:19pm On Nov 05, 2015
I know of a lady that finished her ph.d with 14 publications to show for it. She has in all, two years working experience prior to her ph.d... Now she is working in one of the private universities in the country as a senior lecturer! I am not sure CIPM will give u that..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Harmony Youth Empowerment Program (abuja) / Challenges in the Nigerian army / How To Build Your Online Modeling Portfolio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.