Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:39 AM

Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership (159392 Views)

[PHOTOS] Chartered Institute Of Taxation (CITN) Hold Her 39th Induction Ceremony / Institute Of Personnel Management Advice Plz. / Several Fresh Jobs At Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by omoISEYIN(m): 3:00pm On Oct 17, 2016
Hello Everyone,

This platform is open for general questions on how to be a member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management Of Nigeria.
CIPM is the professional body that certify and regulate the practice of human resource management in Nigeria.
For young aspiring human resource managers, CIPM is the most relevant if not the only institute for HR professionals.

Currently HR professionals are one of the most sought after people in the corporate world, aside the fact that you become a key person
in your organisation personally, I think there is a kinda preside and reputations that comes with your job title.......

So lets keep the ball rolling for questions on CIPM registration....

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by mirakuru(m): 6:20pm On Oct 17, 2016
omoISEYIN:
Hello Everyone,

This platform is open for general questions on how to be a member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management Of Nigeria.
CIPM is the professional body that certify and regulate the practice of human resource management in Nigeria.
For young aspiring human resource managers, CIPM is the most relevant if not the only institute for HR professionals.

Currently HR professionals are one of the most sought after people in the corporate world, aside the fact that you become a key person
in your organisation personally, I think there is a kinda preside and reputations that comes with your job title.......

So lets keep the ball rolling for questions on CIPM registration....
thanks for bringing this up.. how can I become CIPM cerified? I am graduate of Sociology..
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by omoISEYIN(m): 8:00am On Oct 18, 2016
mirakuru:

thanks for bringing this up.. how can I become CIPM cerified? I am graduate of Sociology..
Hi Mrakuru,
As a graduate from any field you will be exempted from 2 stages out of 6, then having a degree in social sciences/humanities gives you another additional exemption...
Specifically with you now, Bsc/HND in Sociology you will start from Intermediate 2..

Thank you , please enjoy the rest of your day.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by nmreports: 11:28am On Oct 18, 2016
Who can help with PE1 study packs. Will be grateful for any help.
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by VampireeM(f): 12:26pm On Oct 18, 2016

Good day,
What are the processes involved for one to become certified in HR and also become a member?
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by omoISEYIN(m): 1:51pm On Oct 18, 2016
VampireeM:

Good day,
What are the processes involved for one to become certified in HR and also become a member?

Hello Vampiree,
You can be a member of the institute in 3 different routes

1 Membership by examination
2 Membership as HR Practitioner
3 Membership as an Executive
So it depends on your current career level and academic qualification.

Take care and enjoy the rest of your day...
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by omoISEYIN(m): 1:59pm On Oct 18, 2016
nmreports:
Who can help with PE1 study packs. Will be grateful for any help.

Hello nmreports,

If you intend to write PE 1 as your next examination, you will have to get your own study pack as it is part of the registration.
You can get the pack for preparation towards the examination but you will still have to get yours when you want to register for the examination.
Be good, enjoy the rest of your day.
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by nmreports: 2:03pm On Oct 18, 2016
omoISEYIN:

Hello nmreports,

If you intend to write PE 1 as your next examination, you will have to get your own study pack as it is part of the registration.
You can get the pack for preparation towards the examination but you will still have to get yours when you want to register for the examination.
Be good, enjoy the rest of your day.

Yes I am aware. Since I have all the time now, I was thinking I could just start reading prior when registration starts you get?
You want to help with the packs?.
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by omoISEYIN(m): 9:12pm On Oct 18, 2016
nmreports:

Yes I am aware. Since I have all the time now, I was thinking I could just start reading prior when registration starts you get?
You want to help with the packs?.

unfortunately I can't help you out. but am available for your questions.
thank you.

1 Like

Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by nmreports: 6:25am On Oct 19, 2016
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by BOLAPE(f): 3:08pm On Oct 19, 2016
Good afternoon,

I have BSC in Biochemistry and MBA in human resource but my working experience is in the travel industry for over 8 years. What level do i start from if i want to become a member of chartered institute of personnel management?

Thanks as i expect your response.

mobolaji
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by omoISEYIN(m): 5:00pm On Oct 19, 2016
BOLAPE:
Good afternoon,

I have BSC in Biochemistry and MBA in human resource but my working experience is in the travel industry for over 8 years. What level do i start from if i want to become a member of chartered institute of personnel management?

Thanks as i expect your response.

mobolaji

Hello Bolape,

You having MBA in HRM will earn you additional exemption in the examination.
You will start from PE 1, irrespective of your science background.
That means you will be writing just two stages of CIPM examination..
You can forward more questions, if any.
Please enjoy the rest of your day

2 Likes

Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by Lilibeth914(f): 5:07pm On Oct 19, 2016
Please I have lots of questions to ask.
1.)What is the duration for the CIPM programme if i am to start with intermediate 2 as a graduate.
2.)I would start NYSC this november, which diet would you advice me to start with, February or August?
3.)If i passout from NYSC next year, would i be able to continue the programme in another state after service?
4.)how much do you think i should i budget for CIPM?
5.)Since i would be exempted from foundation 1 and 2 as well as intermediate 1, would i be required to pay for them i.e. exemption fees, or i would start paying from intermediate 2.

thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by omoISEYIN(m): 11:15am On Oct 20, 2016
Lilibeth914:
Please I have lots of questions to ask.
1.)What is the duration for the CIPM programme if i am to start with intermediate 2 as a graduate.
2.)I would start NYSC this november, which diet would you advice me to start with, February or August?
3.)If i passout from NYSC next year, would i be able to continue the programme in another state after service?
4.)how much do you think i should i budget for CIPM?
5.)Since i would be exempted from foundation 1 and 2 as well as intermediate 1, would i be required to pay for them i.e. exemption fees, or i would start paying from intermediate 2.

thank you.

question 1
Starting from intermediate 2 it will take you one year to one and half year, it depends on our you want to write it..

question 2
As a corp member I will advise you to register while in camp with CIPM representatives if they are around. Start with the February diet, all things been good you should be through with all the exams by February of the next year.....

question 3
Yes you can write in other states.

question 4
As a corp member, you get to emjoy some discount rate with your application form and also acceptance fee.... You will also be registered manually as against the online registration platform that come with its extra bank charges...
As a corp member: Application form 1500k
Acceptance Fee 5000k
then you ay Study pack
Exam fee
Exemption Fee
question 5
You pay for the exemption... Its a one off payment.
Hope have been able to help out
Take and be good

1 Like

Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by BOLAPE(f): 5:02pm On Oct 20, 2016
Thank you for your response ,it was highly appreciated.

How soon does the study packs come out after registration or it is instantly?

Where and how should i proceed with the registration?

Thanks as i expect your prompt response.
omoISEYIN:

Hello Bolape,

You having MBA in HRM will earn you additional exemption in the examination.
You will start from PE 1, irrespective of your science background.
That means you will be writing just two stages of CIPM examination..
You can forward more questions, if any.
Please enjoy the rest of your day
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by omoISEYIN(m): 2:28pm On Oct 21, 2016
BOLAPE:
Thank you for your response ,it was highly appreciated.

How soon does the study packs come out after registration or it is instantly?

Where and how should i proceed with the registration?

Thanks as i expect your prompt response.

You have to pay online, print out or show the payment advice/evidence of payment, you can pick up your study pack at their office.
You can pay online either via their website using your card (I recommend MasterCard) or you walk into any bank of your choice and pay via the E-transact platform.

Enjoy the rest of your day.......
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by Lilibeth914(f): 9:09am On Oct 22, 2016
Thank you very much OP. How much is the exemption fee and study pack? i want to know so that i can prepare myself financially. Can i pay on installments?
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by hrhbae: 11:34am On Oct 22, 2016
mirakuru:

please, I'm a corp member serving in Ebonyi. I need information on how I can register with cipm here.

1 Like

Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 22, 2016
I'm a graduate of Accounting. What level do i start from? How do i register? Is it necessary to join a study center?
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by nmreports: 5:14pm On Oct 23, 2016
fierceella:
I'm a graduate of Accounting. What level do i start from? How do i register? Is it necessary to join a study center?

Accounting would start with intermediate 1.
To register, log on to www.cipmnigeria.org.
You don't have to join if you are sure when you study alone you would understand the courses.

1 Like

Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by nmreports: 5:14pm On Oct 23, 2016
hrhbae:
please, I'm a corp member serving in Ebonyi. I need information on how I can register with cipm here.

Go to www.cipmnigeria.org to get information about study centres in your location.

However, all registration must be done online.
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by nmreports: 5:16pm On Oct 23, 2016
Lilibeth914:
Thank you very much OP. How much is the exemption fee and study pack? i want to know so that i can prepare myself financially. Can i pay on installments?

Installment not allowed.
Study packs is equated with the total amount to be paid.
Best to log on to their site to see the details.
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by omoISEYIN(m): 3:15pm On Oct 24, 2016
fierceella:

Hello fierceella,

As a graduate of Accounting you will start from intermediate 2, that's a confirmed information.
Take care and be good.
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by omoISEYIN(m): 3:22pm On Oct 24, 2016
Lilibeth914:

first thing first, you will have to apply first. That will cost you N3,000 with extra N500 or N700 for the online or bank charges.

Then your application will be processed and you will offered a provisional admission into the institute, placing to the level CIPM deem fit with your qualification.

Afterwards, you can now pay for the acceptance.

then you can decide when to pay for exemption or study pack or examination fee.. Its not a most you pay at once, but you must have registered for your examination at least a month before the exam date.....

Hope I have answered some questions, and if you still more, pls holla back.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by preciousbabs(m): 10:41pm On Oct 25, 2016
Please l have OND in Bus Admin and a University Higher Diploma in same course. What are the exemptions?
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by omoISEYIN(m): 11:26am On Oct 27, 2016
preciousbabs:
Please l have OND in Bus Admin and a University Higher Diploma in same course. What are the exemptions?

with your OND you start at foundation 2.
I don't understand university higher diploma? is it equivalent to a degree? If yes you start from intermediate 2.
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by christhavemercy(f): 1:25pm On Oct 30, 2016
Hello OP,
I registered sometime in July and i was told I could write in d august diet from intermediate 2 but I couldn't because i was very busy and I wasn't prepared at all so i didn't pay for any exam fee. Just the registration and acceptance.

Please, How do I go about getting study packs for the next diet, and is there going to be a penalty for missing the august diet?

I'm really confused by all the separate payments. Your response would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by Meetmeat(m): 2:04pm On Oct 30, 2016
christhavemercy:
Hello OP,
I registered sometime in July and i was told I could write in d august diet from intermediate 2 but I couldn't because i was very busy and I wasn't prepared at all so i didn't pay for any exam fee. Just the registration and acceptance.

Please, How do I go about getting study packs for the next diet, and is there going to be a penalty for missing the august diet?

I'm really confused by all the separate payments. Your response would be appreciated.

Thanks
pls how much did u pay for registration
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by omoISEYIN(m): 11:56am On Oct 31, 2016
christhavemercy:
Hello OP,

Thanks

hello,
Have you paid for your acceptance? If yes you can pay for your study pack and exemption fee both online using your MasterCard of walk into any bank of your choice and pay using the e-transact platform to pay for CIPM, then you will have to print the payment acknowledgement, take it to their office where you will be given your sturdy pack immediately..
the next examination will be coming up in February you can still pay your exam fee by first or second week of January....
Pls feel free to ask if you still have any question.

1 Like

Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by omoISEYIN(m): 11:59am On Oct 31, 2016
Meetmeat:
pls how much did u pay for registration

You can online using your MasterCard via their website or any bank operating the e-transact, both comes with extra little charges sha...
Enjoy the rest of ur day...
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by Meetmeat(m): 1:51pm On Oct 31, 2016
omoISEYIN:

You can online using your MasterCard via their website or any bank operating the e-transact, both comes with extra little charges sha...
Enjoy the rest of ur day...
I asked for d cost
Re: Enquiries: Chartered Institute Of Personnel Management [CIPM] Membership by christhavemercy(f): 5:01pm On Oct 31, 2016
omoISEYIN:

hello,
Have you paid for your acceptance? If yes you can pay for your study pack and exemption fee both online using your MasterCard of walk into any bank of your choice and pay using the e-transact platform to pay for CIPM, then you will have to print the payment acknowledgement, take it to their office where you will be given your sturdy pack immediately..
the next examination will be coming up in February you can still pay your exam fee by first or second week of January....
Pls feel free to ask if you still have any question.
Thanks a lot sir

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply)

Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here / Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Out. Register Online / Oil Workers Zone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.