Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,815 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

Is It A Sin To Sleep With A Re-married Ex- Husband? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin To Sleep With A Re-married Ex- Husband? (6310 Views)

Video Of Pastor Caught Pants Down Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman / Anita Oyakhilome Shades Ex-husband, Pastor Chris / Pastor Caught Pants Down While Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman.. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Sin To Sleep With A Re-married Ex- Husband? by DeReloaded: 3:18am On Mar 30, 2009
what picture?
Re: Is It A Sin To Sleep With A Re-married Ex- Husband? by dayokanu(m): 4:15am On Mar 30, 2009
One you took in your living room standing. Cant really remember every detail.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sleep With A Re-married Ex- Husband? by AloyEmeka9: 6:51pm On Mar 30, 2009
What if both parties did not remarry after their divorce, is it a sin for both of them to explore each other once in a while even though they are no more legally bound by the marital clause?
Re: Is It A Sin To Sleep With A Re-married Ex- Husband? by osisi2(f): 6:58pm On Mar 30, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

What if both parties did not remarry after their divorce, is it a sin for both of them to explore each other once in a while even though they are no more legally bound by the marital clause?

Emeka ,this is another dimension to this whole thing.
Would they be seen as fornicating (in the sight of God) if they got divorced and still get together once in a while for a touch down grin
These questions are not that easy to answer afterall some separated couples still bound legally by marriage get together once in while and tango and are seen as cheating when they see other people while separated
Re: Is It A Sin To Sleep With A Re-married Ex- Husband? by ilaugh1: 7:02pm On Mar 30, 2009
this is called pu ssy and di ck till death do them past, i imagine the long hard dick penetrating the soft lusciously haired pu ssy while the woman shouts in pleasre and the man pumps his di ck in a fashion that makes the pap burst out in an explosion that makes the lavas of a volcanoe an easy game in the highlands of the himalayas.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sleep With A Re-married Ex- Husband? by AloyEmeka9: 7:22pm On Mar 30, 2009
Would they be seen as fornicating (in the sight of God) if they got divorced and still get together once in a while for a touch down
If we apply your initial rule, it means they are not committing any sin. They are rather confused about their state.

These questions are not that easy to answer afterall some separated couples still bound legally by marriage get together once in while and tango and are seen as cheating when they see other people while separated
Separated couples are still free to do touch down.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sleep With A Re-married Ex- Husband? by 4Play(m): 7:31pm On Mar 30, 2009
This question is a no brainer. Of course both are sinning!

The man's case is obvious.

How is the woman sinning? By knowingly and willingly enabling the man commit fornication. The woman's sinfulness arises from the man's sinfulness.

If I knowingly help a person commit sin, I can't claim that on a technicality, I'm not actually the person sinning.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sleep With A Re-married Ex- Husband? by iReport: 7:57pm On Mar 30, 2009
How is the woman sinning? By knowingly and willingly enabling the man commit fornication. The woman's sinfulness arises from the man's sinfulness.

If I knowingly help a person commit sin, I can't claim that on a technicality, I'm not actually the person sinning.

How did the woman help her husband in committing adultery?. Naija guys ehn, they always want to give Adam's excuse to all their shortcomings.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sleep With A Re-married Ex- Husband? by 4Play(m): 8:21pm On Mar 30, 2009
iReport:

How did the woman help her husband in committing adultery?. Naija guys ehn, they always want to give Adam's excuse to all their shortcomings.

Spare us the gender bleating. God's laws serve a higher purpose. The purpose of the indissolubility of marriage is to strenghten the family as the building block of society.

The whole essence of their relationship is a booty call. It doesn't serve God's purpose but subverts it. In essence, what you guys are saying is that if a couple, married for the first time, were to go their separate ways. They are free to sleep with each other in perpetuity because they are only consumating their indissoluble marriage. Utter nonsense.

In practice, the man will be unable to carry on his two timing without the help of the ex-wife. In God's eyes, not that I speak for God, they would be subverting the purpose of his law and as a result are commiting a sin.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sleep With A Re-married Ex- Husband? by osisi2(f): 1:15am On Mar 31, 2009
4 Play:

Spare us the gender bleating. God's laws serve a higher purpose. The purpose of the indissolubility of marriage is to strenghten the family as the building block of society.

The whole essence of their relationship is a booty call. It doesn't serve God's purpose but subverts it. In essence, what you guys are saying is that if a couple, married for the first time, were to go their separate ways. They are free to sleep with each other in perpetuity because they are only consumating their indissoluble marriage. Utter nonsense.

In practice, the man will be unable to carry on his two timing without the help of the ex-wife. In God's eyes, not that I speak for God, they would be subverting the purpose of his law and as a result are commiting a sin.

do you have to speak all this grammar to say that? grin
in essence, are you saying they should cease and desist from chopulating themselves ? grin
Re: Is It A Sin To Sleep With A Re-married Ex- Husband? by osisi2(f): 1:17am On Mar 31, 2009
where is Kunle oshob and all those argumentative Christ embassy members, lipsrsealed
Include Lady,my Catholic sister
I need your opinions here
Re: Is It A Sin To Sleep With A Re-married Ex- Husband? by osisi2(f): 1:17am On Mar 31, 2009
including lady not include lady.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sleep With A Re-married Ex- Husband? by milwaukee: 4:37am On Mar 31, 2009
i dont want put mouth for this kind matter, so time i get make at the way the angry, the way some people manipulate the word of God, Many time you will hear people who called themselves Christian say God does not like, yes that is true, does God have hand in that your so called to begin with, do you consult God before you marry that your so called wife or husband, did you base that marriage on God Divine princple for marriage, when things does not work in that marriage you will want use God's standard that was not applied from the begining to your marriage. i will say God hate Divorce yes, but someone that have defile God plan for marriage, with premartial sex and having an affair out with other people while you are still married. God gave the order that men can give a bill of divorcement Deut 24 verse 1 and 4 please read. so that non that that is still the rightful husband. This get me back to the question Is it a sin to sleep with a Re-married Ex-huband, yes it is a sin because they have broken the covenant of marriage with that bill of divorce in the first place so both the man and his ex-wife have sinned Matt 5verse31 and 32.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sleep With A Re-married Ex- Husband? by biina: 10:44am On Mar 31, 2009
I would like to play the devil's advocate here

Deuteronomy 24:1-4 (King James Version)
When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house.
And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife.
And if the latter husband hate her, and write her a bill of divorcement, and giveth it in her hand, and sendeth her out of his house; or if the latter husband die, which took her to be his wife;
Her former husband, which sent her away, may not take her again to be his wife, after that she is defiled; for that is abomination before the LORD: and thou shalt not cause the land to sin, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.

The passage states that the first husband could not take her back because she had been defiled. So the question that arises is since the woman has not slept with another man why cant the divorce be rescinded in principle? One of the underlying intents of the 'no divorce' tenet was to limit the number of sexual partners. Asking the woman to remarry and have sex with another man, is not in line with this.  If the woman has not remarried then I believe she can go back to her initial husband and having sex with him is not a sin.

The issue of the man having sex with both women will eventually lead to the issue of polygamy. While the bible advices monogamy, given the sheer number of polygamous families in the bible, please provide a reference where one is condemned for it. Failure to do so says that the man is not committing a sin by sleeping with both women as he is married to them.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sleep With A Re-married Ex- Husband? by huxley(m): 3:17pm On Mar 31, 2009
I think the divorced woman should remain single in order to avoid contaminating other men with the sin of adultery. "Afterall, she has had had children by her first husband". What does she need sex now for. In fact, my advice to her is this - have a clitorectomy and you will be fine. This is what Jesus said:

Luke 16:18
Every one who divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery, and he who marries a woman divorced from her husband commits adultery.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sleep With A Re-married Ex- Husband? by biina: 10:30pm On Mar 31, 2009
huxley:

I think the divorced woman should remain single in order to avoid contaminating other men with the sin of adultery. "Afterall, she has had had children by her first husband". What does she need sex now for. In fact, my advice to her is this - have a clitorectomy and you will be fine. This is what Jesus said:

Luke 16:18
Every one who divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery, and he who marries a woman divorced from her husband commits adultery.
The question was can she sleep with her first husband?
Re: Is It A Sin To Sleep With A Re-married Ex- Husband? by spoilt(f): 2:33am On Apr 29, 2009
Excuse me did you guys not hear osisi say the sex was explosive when they were married ? That excuses all wrong doing. tongue

Explosive explosion explodes always. grin
Re: Is It A Sin To Sleep With A Re-married Ex- Husband? by No2Atheism(m): 8:12am On Apr 29, 2009
1. The unfortunate truth is that "Divorce" is a very tricky case,

2. Technically a man and a woman cannot be divorced as far as spiritual matters are concerned, its just the hardness and ori kun kun of human beings that try to force the hand of the Creator in issues relating to marriage and divorce.

3. Hence[i] technically[/i] the man's marriage to the second wife is not really official as far as spiritual matters are concerned. Hence technically the man does not have a license to shag the second wife. Cus his subscription to the first wife is technically supposed to last forever.

4. Hence it can be argued from a spiritual point of view that the woman and the former husband still have a right to shag each other crazy again and again because they were and still are already joined together forever spiritually the first time they became publicly and officially married.

5. Reality however is that its all just one big messy case of Adultery/Infidelity/Lust, whether divorce is ratified by law or not.

6. @DayoKanu wetin you want take Karmamods picture do, abeg wayo wayo, you dey look for trouble oh,  grin grin grin grin grin, just kidding,
Re: Is It A Sin To Sleep With A Re-married Ex- Husband? by biina: 8:47am On Apr 29, 2009
No2Atheism:

1. The unfortunate truth is that "Divorce" is a very tricky case,

2. Technically a man and a woman cannot be divorced as far as spiritual matters are concerned, its just the hardness and ori kun kun of human beings that try to force the hand of the Creator in issues relating to marriage and divorce.

3. Hence[i] technically[/i] the man's marriage to the second wife is not really official as far as spiritual matters are concerned. Hence technically the man does not have a license to shag the second wife. Cus his subscription to the first wife is technically supposed to last forever.

4. Hence it can be argued from a spiritual point of view that the woman and the former husband still have a right to shag each other crazy again and again because they are already joined together forever spiritually the first time the became publicly and officially married.

5. Reality however is that its all just one big messy case of Adultery/Infidelity/Lust, whether divorce is ratified by law or not.

6. @DayoKanu wetin you want take Karmamods picture do, abeg wayo wayo, you dey look for trouble oh,  grin grin grin grin grin, just kidding,
Please explain the part in bold
Re: Is It A Sin To Sleep With A Re-married Ex- Husband? by No2Atheism(m): 9:26am On Apr 29, 2009
grin grin grin grin
biina:

Please explain the part in bold
which kind of explanation wantest u
Re: Is It A Sin To Sleep With A Re-married Ex- Husband? by duduspace(m): 12:56pm On Apr 29, 2009
Well, it is not a sin until the 11th commandment is broken.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sleep With A Re-married Ex- Husband? by ladybam(f): 2:49pm On Apr 29, 2009
d woman is so not sinning.
d sinner has got 2b d man
Re: Is It A Sin To Sleep With A Re-married Ex- Husband? by biina: 5:14pm On Apr 29, 2009
No2Atheism:

which kind of explanation wantest u
I 'm just curious as to your basis and definition for 'technically' and how you come to the conclusion that the second marriage is 'not really official'
Re: Is It A Sin To Sleep With A Re-married Ex- Husband? by No2Atheism(m): 5:20pm On Apr 29, 2009
As far as i remember and understand, the technicality comes from the fact that Adultery is the only excuse permitted as a ground for "divorce" in the bible, and to make it worse "both of them are not permitted to remarry" after divorce, infact any other sex with anyone else after divorce is considered "adultery".

Hence you see, whether or not the husband and first wife get divorced or not, the husband still does not have a spiritual right to start servicing another woman. His subscription to lawful consensual sex still remains locked with the first woman forever.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sleep With A Re-married Ex- Husband? by biina: 6:23pm On Apr 29, 2009
No2Atheism:

As far as i remember and understand, the technicality comes from the fact that Adultery is the only excuse permitted as a ground for "divorce" in the bible, and to make it worse "both of them are not permitted to remarry" after divorce, infact any other sex with anyone else after divorce is considered "adultery".

Hence you see, whether or not the husband and first wife get divorced or not, the husband still does not have a spiritual right to start servicing another woman. His subscription to lawful consensual sex still remains locked with the first woman forever.
My problem with your argument is that you seem to be using the legal divorce as a basis for declaring the second marriage spiritually illegal. I would rather you stay in one realm.

From a physical point of view, the couple are now divorced and their relationship is extra-marital.

From a spiritual point of view, they are not divorced as the woman was not guilty of adultery, and the man maintains his relationship with her. Thus the 'servicing' is legal. On the second marriage, while one may advice against it, 'technically' speaking, there is no law against it.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sleep With A Re-married Ex- Husband? by TmeD0(m): 10:56pm On Apr 29, 2009
lady bam:

d woman is so not sinning.
d sinner has got 2b d man

really?  in that case, could you explain to us how the man is the sinner and what excluded the woman from not being considered as such? 
am just curious to know how you came to that conclusion.

@ OP, sin or no sin, they're both wrong imho.  let's just say hypothetically, you're the new wife. 

how would you feel knowing your supposedly husband is still banging his ex-wife?  forget about her still in love with him, "ohun ti o da, ko da" (what's
wrong, is wrong). 

ok, here's a twist to the whole thing: what if in the process of their occasional booty call (which is what it is, spare me the love bologna), the woman gets pregnant. 
now tell me if that's not a messed up situation then i don't know what is. 

frankly, i don't see anything wrong with her getting dicked by another man aside from her ex when she's Hot (regardless what the bible says) but
her still getting dicked by her ex that's now married to another woman is so morally wrong o.  just my $0.02.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sleep With A Re-married Ex- Husband? by Youngpo413: 5:02am On Dec 14, 2014
osisi2:

The scenario of this discussion is that the woman is a Christian.
That is the main crux of the matter.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sleep With A Re-married Ex- Husband? by itstpia8: 5:04am On Dec 14, 2014
visa/green card things for the op.
Re: Is It A Sin To Sleep With A Re-married Ex- Husband? by itstpia8: 5:06am On Dec 14, 2014
TmeD0:

ok, here's a twist to the whole thing: what if in the process of their occasional booty call (which is what it is, spare me the love bologna), the woman gets pregnant. 
now tell me if that's not a messed up situation then i don't know what is. 

how messed up is it?
Re: Is It A Sin To Sleep With A Re-married Ex- Husband? by TmeD0(m): 6:37am On Oct 21, 2015
itstpia8:

how messed up is it?

simple!

just imagine yourself as the new wife and you found out that your husband has been smashing his ex, who's now pregnant by him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Quaran And Jesus Christ / Without Jesus, No Heaven/paradise! Muslims Hear! / Apostle Johnson Suleman An Evil Spiritualist Under A Mask,, Dont Be Deceived

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.