Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,337 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

US Government Admits That Cannabis Kills Cancer Cells - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / US Government Admits That Cannabis Kills Cancer Cells (943 Views)

How Cell Phones Damage Your Sperm Cells And Causes Infertility In Men / Black Female Physicist Pioneers Technology That Kills Cancer Cells With Lasers / Every Person Has Cancer Cells In The Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Government Admits That Cannabis Kills Cancer Cells by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:40pm On Aug 25, 2015
The US government has thrown its weight behind claims that cannabis kills cancer cells.

This is coming after conspiracy theorists and creditable scientists have previously argued that smoking or ingesting the herb can have medicinal benefits.

Read: People can now grow weed in their home garden as senate approves new bill

Health researchers for the US government claim that cannabinoids - the active ingredients in cannabis - can inhibit the illness by causing cell death and blocking key blood vessels needed by tumours to grow.

Already researchers have proven that key chemical ingredients in marijuana were found effective in fighting against colon cancer, liver cancer, breast cancer and several other forms of the disease.

Read: 5 US students hospitalized after smoking 'artificial cannabis'

It was also suggested that cannabinoids can boost the effectiveness of chemotherapy - without any of the nasty side effects.

It is also said that case studies in mice and rats show cannabinoids may be able to kill cancer cells - while still protecting normal cells.

A health researcher on the US government's Cancer.org website claimed: "Studies in mice and rats have shown that cannabinoids may inhibit tumor growth by causing cell death, blocking cell growth, and blocking the development of blood vessels needed by tumors to grow. Laboratory and animal studies have shown that cannabinoids may be able to kill cancer cells while protecting normal cells.

"A study in mice showed that cannabinoids may protect against inflammation of the colon and may have potential in reducing the risk of colon cancer, and possibly in its treatment.

"A laboratory study of delta-9-THC in hepatocellular carcinoma (liver cancer) cells showed that it damaged or killed the cancer cells. The same study of delta-9-THC in mouse models of liver cancer showed that it had antitumor effects."

Cancer kills up to 20,000 people worldwide every day, according to global health estimates.

Re: US Government Admits That Cannabis Kills Cancer Cells by Yehman(m): 8:43pm On Aug 25, 2015
Y
Re: US Government Admits That Cannabis Kills Cancer Cells by Stanleyafam(m): 9:04pm On Aug 25, 2015
Rollup
Re: US Government Admits That Cannabis Kills Cancer Cells by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 25, 2015
It should be legal worldwide
Re: US Government Admits That Cannabis Kills Cancer Cells by Nobody: 9:15pm On Aug 25, 2015
Personally,
Decision to smoke should be a personal one in exemption of medically dangerous hard drugs.
Though as a Christian, I condemn the act on biblical grounds
After all, the normal cigarette is very much legal and very much dangerous to health
Re: US Government Admits That Cannabis Kills Cancer Cells by nobilis: 1:55am On Aug 26, 2015
girly00zero:
Personally,
Decision to smoke should be a personal one in exemption of medically dangerous hard drugs.
Though as a Christian, I condemn the act on biblical grounds
After all, the normal cigarette is very much legal and very much dangerous to health
Abeg where did the bible ever say: "Thou shall not smoke"?
I'd love to read that part.
Re: US Government Admits That Cannabis Kills Cancer Cells by bamirotola: 3:37am On Aug 26, 2015
#clearsthroath... where is my wrisler?? gon throw all the thyme in my kitchen away... I need to be health concious.. will even soak it nd drink d extract as water from now on..#TeamCanabis health is wealth...
Re: US Government Admits That Cannabis Kills Cancer Cells by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 26, 2015
nobilis:

If as a Christian, you think it's okay to smoke then that's okay
But as Christian too, am condemning the act.
Any kwalms
Re: US Government Admits That Cannabis Kills Cancer Cells by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:09pm On Aug 26, 2015
CHECK PSALM 29
nobilis:

Re: US Government Admits That Cannabis Kills Cancer Cells by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:10pm On Aug 26, 2015
tongue tongue tongue
adewumiopeyemi:
CHECK PSALM 29
Re: US Government Admits That Cannabis Kills Cancer Cells by nobilis: 7:49pm On Aug 26, 2015
adewumiopeyemi:
CHECK PSALM 29

Which particular verse of Psalm 29?
Re: US Government Admits That Cannabis Kills Cancer Cells by nobilis: 7:53pm On Aug 26, 2015
girly00zero:

If as a Christian, you think it's okay to smoke then that's okay
But as Christian too, am condemning the act.
Any kwalms

If u want to condemn it, fine and good.
But don't back ur condemnation with the bible.

That's one problem Christians have. They are always looking for and making reference to bible quotations to support their points of view, whether or not the bible made mention of such views.

I also wonder if cannabis, marijuana, heroin, indian hemp, cocaine, and cigarette were mentioned in the bible.
Or you guys just feel you can extrapolate anyhow.
Re: US Government Admits That Cannabis Kills Cancer Cells by babaalagbo11(m): 12:59pm On Apr 17, 2022
Nothing beats herbs and natural ingredients...know this know peace,take good care of your health.. health is wealth
Re: US Government Admits That Cannabis Kills Cancer Cells by Seniorwriter(m): 11:32am On Jul 07, 2022
Nice thread... Interesting read.

@Seniorwriter

(1) (Reply)

The Alarming Increase Of Infertility / Fast Facts On COLLAGEN And Why It's Important / FACTS: 8 Common Foods That Increase Sperm Fertility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.