Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Interesting Facts About Sir Isaac Newton's Personality - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Interesting Facts About Sir Isaac Newton's Personality (2493 Views)

Media Personality, Funmi Iyanda Stuns In New Photo / Iyanya And Simon Newton, Michael Jackson's Bodyguard Spotted Together / Caster Semenya Beats Wizkid & Linda Ikeji To Win MAMA Personality Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interesting Facts About Sir Isaac Newton's Personality by Enoquin(f): 10:28am On Aug 26, 2015
It is bothersome when youths claim there is nothing to chat about when either meeting new people or making new friends. The internet has now allowed for inexhaustible topics amongst people. Here is one; Sir Isaac Newton. Someone sent me a dp on my bbm and it was an image of Sir Isaac Newton but with an inscription that he died a virgin.
Curiousity led me to the internet and I stumbled on these interesting facts. I know some might already know about it but there are more who don’t. I will itemize it and make it short, links are attached for those who want to read more and make their own research.

I am posting this in celebrity because he was one.

*Sir Isaac Newton (1643-1727) was born 3 months premature

*He was able to attend University later in life because his mother remarried when he was three. His father died before he was born and even though the step father also died leaving behind 3 children, he died leaving his wife some money.

*He hated his stepfather; his mother left him behind with his grandmother when she remarried. He also hated his step-siblings especially his step-brother, Benjamin.

*He never married and most probably died a virgin according to reports.

*He was mostly anti-social and a difficult person even to his friends because of his great ego and temper.

*He believed in one single God and didn’t believe in the trinity. Newton believed that worshipping Christ was a form of idolatry, and denied the existence of the Devil. Ironically, Newton was buried in Westminster Abbey - the spiritual heart of the church whose doctrines he rejected, even though he refused the sacrament on his deathbed.

*He didn’t really trust anyone and even made all his tools himself.

* He believed in magic. Newton was a student of alchemy and the occult. He conducted numerous experiments attempting to create the mythical Philosopher's Stone, a substance that could be used to transmute base metals into gold and create an elixir of immortality. His experiments with mercury may have led to the eccentricity that characterized his later years. Newton was obsessed with eschatology, the study of the end of the world, but was positive the end would not arrive prior to the year 2060.

*He invented calculus after he and his classmates were sent home during the bubonic great plague in 1665

*In 1662, when he was 19, he wrote down his sins (48 of them). The sins are pasted exactly the way he wrote them.

[b]Before Whitsunday 1662.

1. Vsing the word (God) openly
2. Eating an apple at Thy house
3. Making a feather while on Thy day
4. Denying that I made it.
5. Making a mousetrap on Thy day
6. Contriving of the chimes on Thy day
7. Squirting water on Thy day
8. Making pies on Sunday night
9. Swimming in a kimnel on Thy day
10. Putting a pin in Iohn Keys hat on Thy day to pick him.
11. Carelessly hearing and committing many sermons
12. Refusing to go to the close at my mothers command.
13. Threatning my father and mother Smith to burne them and the house over them
14. Wishing death and hoping it to some
15. Striking many
16. Having uncleane thoughts words and actions and dreamese.
17. Stealing cherry cobs from Eduard Storer
18. Denying that I did so
19. Denying a crossbow to my mother and grandmother though I knew of it
20. Setting my heart on money learning pleasure more than Thee
21. A relapse
22. A relapse
23. A breaking again of my covenant renued in the Lords Supper.
24. Punching my sister
25. Robbing my mothers box of plums and sugar
26. Calling Dorothy Rose a jade
27. Glutiny in my sickness.
28. Peevishness with my mother.
29. With my sister.
30. Falling out with the servants
31. Divers commissions of alle my duties
32. Idle discourse on Thy day and at other times
33. Not turning nearer to Thee for my affections
34. Not living according to my belief
35. Not loving Thee for Thy self.
36. Not loving Thee for Thy goodness to us
37. Not desiring Thy ordinances
38. Not long {longing} for Thee in {illeg}
39. Fearing man above Thee
40. Vsing unlawful means to bring us out of distresses
41. Caring for worldly things more than God
42. Not craving a blessing from God on our honest endeavors.
43. Missing chapel.
44. Beating Arthur Storer.
45. Peevishness at Master Clarks for a piece of bread and butter.
46. Striving to cheat with a brass halfe crowne.
47. Twisting a cord on Sunday morning
48. Reading the history of the Christian champions on Sunday[/b]

http://m.mentalfloss.com/article/24520/6-things-you-should-know-about-isaac-newton
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4058836
http://www.newtonproject.sussex.ac.uk/prism.php?id=40
http://www.newtonproject.sussex.ac.uk/view/texts/normalized/ALCH00069#p005

CC Lalasticlala

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Interesting Facts About Sir Isaac Newton's Personality by safarigirl(f): 1:22pm On Aug 26, 2015
He was a handsome bloke smiley. He admitted to having unclean thoughts, dreams and actions, so I'm a lil skeptical as to his state of virginity at his death. Oh, and I was born 3 months premature as well, great minds grin

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About Sir Isaac Newton's Personality by Nmeri17: 12:29am On Aug 27, 2015
Enoquin:

*In 1662, when he was 19, he wrote down his sins (48 of them). The sins are pasted exactly the way he wrote them.

Before Whitsunday 1662.
7. Squirting water on Thy day
16. Having uncleane thoughts words and actions and dreamese.
21. A relapse
22. A relapse
cheesy cheesy the only thing I see here is that the white boy was an over-CUMMER and an akanchaWANKster embarassed he graduated from using Vaseline to cream.....guess that's why he ended up in the crème dela crème of the society
Re: Interesting Facts About Sir Isaac Newton's Personality by Enoquin(f): 2:45pm On Aug 27, 2015
Nmeri17:
cheesy cheesy the only thing I see here is that the white boy was an over-CUMMER and an akanchaWANKster embarassed he graduated from using Vaseline to cream.....guess that's why he ended up in the crème dela crème of the society

Receive purity. SMH. So, squirting water now denotes something else?
Re: Interesting Facts About Sir Isaac Newton's Personality by oloriooko(m): 8:13am On Aug 28, 2015
Very interesting but funny facts about this great man
Re: Interesting Facts About Sir Isaac Newton's Personality by Enoquin(f): 12:57pm On Sep 19, 2015
safarigirl:
He was a handsome bloke smiley. He admitted to having unclean thoughts, dreams and actions, so I'm a lil skeptical as to his state of virginity at his death. Oh, and I was born 3 months premature as well, great minds grin

Handsome you say? Looked more like a hawk grin I am skeptical about his virginity too but I guess masturb.ation and unclean thoughts don't count.
You came 3 months early? You must have really been impatient to see what the world looked like smiley
Re: Interesting Facts About Sir Isaac Newton's Personality by montezz(f): 1:14pm On Sep 19, 2015
interesting but funny facts.
Re: Interesting Facts About Sir Isaac Newton's Personality by Nobody: 7:30am On Mar 02, 2016
Hmm, very interesting read.
Re: Interesting Facts About Sir Isaac Newton's Personality by Lakuje4power(m): 11:27pm On Jun 12, 2016
Quite entertaining. I love reading about Legends.

(1) (Reply)

Top Five Nigerian Covers For International Songs - Iamsynord / Elizabeth The Girl With The Big B00 ‘bs In Auchi Poly, Shares Unclad Photos / Nigerians Blast Di'ja For Her Choice Of Outfit To Glo CAF Award Last Night(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.