Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,601 members, 7,955,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:41 PM

The Dominance Of Yoruba Language In Nigerian Music - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Dominance Of Yoruba Language In Nigerian Music (605 Views)

9 Nigerian Music Influenced Slangs And Their Meanings / Biggest Moments In Nigerian Music Industry In 2017 / The Top Ten Dumbest Lines In Nigerian Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Dominance Of Yoruba Language In Nigerian Music by Awesomeking: 4:29pm On Aug 26, 2015
As of today,its not a new thing for someone to scroll to soundcity and watch close to ten music videos jampacked with yoruba language back to back,due to the fact that lagos state is like the los angeles of nigeria,many songs are aimed at gaining the attention of lagosians (mostly yoruba's).
I totally do not support this because not everyone can understand yoruba,i myself,am a fan of good music with a nice relaxing tune,therefore when watching a good music video like adekunle Gold-orente,i am unable to understand what he is saying from the beginning to the end
even non yoruba artists like donjazzy,D.prince,burna boy,skales,all use yoruba language instead of english or their native language,i dont think this is fair to on yoruba speakers,share your own opinion,what do you think??

For more of such posts go to-freewrittensongs.mywapblog.com

if you need a songwriter or a lyricist,email me songwriterkadiri@yahoo.com ,whatsapp or call +2347037070686

(1) (Reply)

Lyrics: Lil Kesh – Ibile / That Booty Had Me Like Lyrics / Music: Yung Zic - "Sukaban" (prod. By Iceberg Beatz)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.