Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,483 members, 7,954,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:11 AM

Should A Law Student Take ICAN? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should A Law Student Take ICAN? (2812 Views)

5 Reasons Why You Should Write ICAN Instead Of ACCA / ICAN release the result of Nov 2016 diet result / ICAN May/june 2016 Diet Exam- Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Law Student Take ICAN? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 26, 2015
Hello, thanks for looking in. I won an essay contest, and one of the prizes is sponsorship (tuition, study packs and examinations. )

https://www.nairaland.com/2475288/ican-essay-competition

I'm now at a loss as to whether or not to take it up. I've heard it's quite tough, and I'm unsure of what advantages getting the certification would confer.

Please advise me. Thank you.
Re: Should A Law Student Take ICAN? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 26, 2015
smiley
Re: Should A Law Student Take ICAN? by eluquenson(m): 5:01pm On Aug 26, 2015
It's quite good to have the certificate as no knowledge is wasted, you might end up being a good accountant on the long run.

Grab it while it last grin
Re: Should A Law Student Take ICAN? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 26, 2015
The reply to your question is emphatic YES because lawyer are good forestic accountant!

However, it 99% depends on you.

Follow your mind
Re: Should A Law Student Take ICAN? by UjSizzle(f): 9:18am On Aug 27, 2015
Of course you can. There are a number of Lawyers who are chartered accountants. Just be sure of what your career aspirations are and takeoff from there. Meanwhile lawyers do quite well in forensics.
Re: Should A Law Student Take ICAN? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 27, 2015
Thanks a lot everyone. I think I've decided to take it. It's just my current studies that I'm apprehensive about; I can't imagine preparing for ICAN and my bar finals at the same time.
Re: Should A Law Student Take ICAN? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 27, 2015
koonbey:
Thanks a lot everyone. I think I've decided to take it. It's just my current studies that I'm apprehensive about; I can't imagine preparing for ICAN and my bar finals at the same time.
Must you enrol for the exam now? I mean Ican?

Don't see Ican as a tough exam, else you may fail.. So many people cleared their ican papers at a young age, you too can scale through. . It's all about reading and understanding the papers. .

Just do it since it's sponsored, you may decide to go into forensics in the future or even accounting.. All d best..
Re: Should A Law Student Take ICAN? by AfroAgroPower: 8:45pm On Jun 18, 2021
I see that you are a Technology Lawyer.

Let's work together on the issue of Eradicating Internet Scam in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Postgraduate Scholarship / Pls I Need Shell Aptitude Test Past Questions And Answers / Result Of Trade And Non Trade Of Nigerian Airforce Recruitment 2014 Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.