Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Nigerian Author Writes Book Series Of Igbo Folklore - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerian Author Writes Book Series Of Igbo Folklore (1487 Views)

Some Igbo Folklore Songs Long Forgotten / Oyo Empire A Yoruba Folklore Another Myth Bursted / A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Author Writes Book Series Of Igbo Folklore by Stkilda(m): 2:43am On Aug 27, 2015
I found this on facebook. It is a book series drawn from Nigerian folklore. It is good to see Nigerians writing books to promote African and Nigerian culture. Moderator please flick this to the front page. Nigerians will find them useful, especially those with children.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have finally completed my book series. My daughter learned to read very early in life and as someone with a healthy appetite for reading, her private library quickly grew to hundreds of books. But sadly, none of these books contained materials about her African and Igbo cultural heritage. At the same time, it was very difficult for me to find bedtime books which had stories that were told with a flavour of the Igbo culture or African culture for that matter. Therefore, rather than read stories from books, I told her stories from the Igbo folklore. I am glad to say that these stories have given Chinelo, who has never been to Africa, a healthy perspective of the culture of the Igbo in particular and of Africa in general.

In the end, I set out to write a series of books containing illustrated stories drawn from the endless stock of the Igbo folklore, with adaptation to the contemporary times and language. There are three books in the series and they are available on Amazon.com, in both paper back and e-Book format. Please follow the link below. Although these books are suitable as children bedtime story books, they will be enjoyed by adults who are already familiar with African folk tales for the purpose of satisfying their feeling of nostalgia and perhaps by those who just want to get a feel for the storytelling tradition of the Igbo in particular and of Africa in general.

Friends, please don’t feel pressured to purchase these books. However, if you do read and like them, be kind to leave good review comments on Amazon and if you don’t like them, please don’t give me a hard time  . I need all the encouragement I can get to write more and probably better books. Please share my comment. Some of your friends might find the books useful.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=umealu
Re: Nigerian Author Writes Book Series Of Igbo Folklore by projectandpages: 10:23pm On Nov 22, 2016
Taking advantage of opportunities is not luck but a conscious attempt on our part.

Email projectandpages@gmail.com | visit projectandpages.com

...for a rare opportunity to give your writing (Books, Short Stories, Novels and Motivationals) the perfect publishing and marketing it needs for free.

(1) (Reply)

5 Interesting Things About The Hausas Of Northern Nigeria / Are You From Okun Land? / Eyin Omo Offa, Enle Fa!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.