Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,277 members, 7,954,095 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:17 PM

Watch Out, Prolonged Sitting Kills - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Watch Out, Prolonged Sitting Kills (16719 Views)

Solution For A Prolonged Private Organ Itching And Weak Attention / ‘Nigeria Should Still Watch Out For Ebola, Lassa Fever’ - Dr. Sadiq / Do You Experience Heavy Or Prolonged Menses? Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Watch Out, Prolonged Sitting Kills by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 27, 2015
flokii:
so what will prolonged standing do?.. nonsense
It strenghtens tendons, muscles and joints and ensures blood flows properly around the body.

Back in my nysc days alot of people could not stand longer than one hour because of laziness associated with modern life. However, a well trained human, in this case a soldier can stand for 18 - 20 hours straight because all the muscles and joints of his/her body're strong enough to hold their weight for prolonged periods.

A simple experiment you can carry out is standing while playing videogames; you'd realize after a few days your standing time gets prolonged into hours. Your body would store less fat doing this too.
Re: Watch Out, Prolonged Sitting Kills by jantavanta(m): 10:18am On Aug 27, 2015
Office work introduced obesity and BP. Thin people could have cardiovascular problems and fat people could be fit. It is not just about size.

The body is designed to be repeatedly flexed.
Re: Watch Out, Prolonged Sitting Kills by Mutuwa(m): 10:19am On Aug 27, 2015
michymeg:
what is that?

i learnt they are cancerous substances.with time they burst and when in contact with the breast,the fluids it discharges leads to cancer.
Re: Watch Out, Prolonged Sitting Kills by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 27, 2015
coolluk:
too bad standing desks cannot be found in Nigeria
Factory jobs and menial labour which encourage multiple hours of moving about're plentiful in the country.

Who even needs a standing desk when you can stand to do your favourite sitting activity? I've seen white people attach their laptops to a slow-moving threadmill so they can walk while programming. Some people run-in-place while watching movies, others stand while playing videogames. Physical activity is not hard as people make it.
Re: Watch Out, Prolonged Sitting Kills by Mutuwa(m): 10:25am On Aug 27, 2015
[quote author=AGgal post=37381442][/quote]

no please don't..you may not find it in all bra's but a mere precautionary measure to take when buying new ones.try putting your hands into any of the pads without necessarily tearing it open,if you feel any thing unusual in it,then it may have been planted.A sis of a friend saw it this morning.
Re: Watch Out, Prolonged Sitting Kills by blackjack21(m): 10:26am On Aug 27, 2015
mrborntodoit:
All I know is that too much of everything is bad , shikena angry

that is the unified low of EVERYTHING.

1 Like

Re: Watch Out, Prolonged Sitting Kills by Suspect33(m): 10:53am On Aug 27, 2015
isotopy:
Bankers and secretaries, una don hear na. This world sef, if you sit down... problem, and if you stand... problem, if you lie down., problem, and even if you choose to die another problem.
hahahahahahahahaha, the world taya person o grin
Re: Watch Out, Prolonged Sitting Kills by coolluk(m): 12:48pm On Aug 27, 2015
charix:

Factory jobs and menial labour which encourage multiple hours of moving about're plentiful in the country.

Who even needs a standing desk when you can stand to do your favourite sitting activity? I've seen white people attach their laptops to a slow-moving threadmill so they can walk while programming. Some people run-in-place while watching movies, others stand while playing videogames. Physical activity is not hard as people make it.

How is this feasible in a common Nigerian office
Re: Watch Out, Prolonged Sitting Kills by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 27, 2015
coolluk:

How is this feasible in a common Nigerian office
Become a clerical officer.
Re: Watch Out, Prolonged Sitting Kills by 123papas(m): 1:00pm On Aug 27, 2015
The hand of the girl holding the bra is dirty abi na dorti
Mutuwa:
sad

Girls...always do a check on your new bra to escape stuffs like this..na cancer de call o!
you may want to start now.. 3, 2, 1 Go!
Re: Watch Out, Prolonged Sitting Kills by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 27, 2015
unofficial name is sitting disease...
Re: Watch Out, Prolonged Sitting Kills by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 27, 2015
Mutuwa:

i learnt they are cancerous substances.with time they burst and when in contact with the breast,the fluids it discharges leads to cancer.
Thanks! it quite educative
Re: Watch Out, Prolonged Sitting Kills by fpeter(f): 4:32pm On Aug 27, 2015
[quote author=AGgal post=37381442][/quote]

I guess it is those who wear padded bras.
Re: Watch Out, Prolonged Sitting Kills by topfally75(m): 4:34pm On Aug 27, 2015
powerfulsettingz:
I don believe it If prolong sitting kills faster why den those taxi drivers don't die easily? Abi dem dey stand drive.? God is the only one wu grant long life

Pls should this make fp tell introvert and ladyF I just got a new brand of modem with 5G network so the game is over for ftc
Dedicate this space to my oriente Adeola Omosalewami

prolong sitting without engaging in any activities kills. For the taxi drivers they are actually working while behind the wheels. Driving is a serious work.
Re: Watch Out, Prolonged Sitting Kills by professore(m): 4:39pm On Aug 27, 2015
This is informative
Re: Watch Out, Prolonged Sitting Kills by dom(m): 5:42pm On Aug 27, 2015
how come the tortoise lives longer than all of us, despite it's super sedentary lifestyle, while the rabbit that is hyperactive doesn't have one tenth of the tortoise' longevity.

1 Like

Re: Watch Out, Prolonged Sitting Kills by cirmuell(m): 5:49pm On Aug 27, 2015
AGgal:
[/quote][quote author=Mutuwa post=37382609]
no please don't..you may not find it in all bra's but a mere precautionary measure to take when buying new ones.try putting your hands into any of the pads without necessarily tearing it open,if you feel any thing unusual in it,then it may have been planted.A sis of a friend saw it this morning.
planted, as in intentionally?
Re: Watch Out, Prolonged Sitting Kills by vikeyz(m): 8:24pm On Aug 27, 2015
ah... thank God o[size=24pt]I AM ALWAYS RESTLESS[/size]

(1) (2) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For October 24 2020 In Nigeria / Lagos Discharges 37 Coronavirus Patients Today / Anambra Hospital Performs 5 Open Heart Surgeries (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.