Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,182 members, 7,849,670 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:34 AM

The Landlord Who Set His Tenant Ablaze Dies. PUNCH - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Landlord Who Set His Tenant Ablaze Dies. PUNCH (537 Views)

Ahmed Akorode: Man Who Set Himself Ablaze In Lagos Is Still Alive! (Video) / Photos Of Woman Who Set Her Husband & Herself Ablaze Weeks After Wedding / Lagos Landlord Who Set Tenant Ablaze Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Landlord Who Set His Tenant Ablaze Dies. PUNCH by sdindan: 5:57am On Aug 27, 2015
The apartmentThe Lagos landlord, Sola Solomon, who allegedly set his tenant ablaze in the Idumota area of the state, has died.PUNCH Metro learnt from a police source on Wednesday that the suspect died from the burns injuries he sustained while setting fire to the tenant, Abeeb Daraloye.Our correspondent had reported on Tuesday that Abeeb and his landlord had a disagreement over the use of the compound toilet.Later in the day, 67-year-old Solomon reportedly poured petrol on Abeeb and ignited a fire with a lighter.While on fire, the suspect was alleged to have pushed the victim from the top floor of the three-storey building, killing him in the process.Solomon was reportedly rushed to the Lagos Island General Hospital for his burns injuries, but was rejected before he was admitted at the Gbagada General Hospital.A police source said on Wednesday that the suspect died at the hospital.He said, “The landlord is also dead. He died at the hospital in the afternoon. So as it is, the case has been resolved.”Residents on Iga Idunganran Street, Idumota, where the incident happened equally confirmed the death to PUNCH Metro.“Yes, the man has finally died. He did not survive the injuries. His family members are around. Abeeb’s corpse is also at the Lagos Island General Hospital mortuary, and we don’t know why the police have yet to release it for burial,” a tenant, who asked not to be named, said.She urged the government to come to the aid of Abeeb’s widow and her child.Abeeb’s widow, Tope, who spoke with our correspondent on the telephone, appealed for help, saying her husband’s death was a big blow to the family.She explained that her husband was planning to travel overseas, and had promised to take her along with their child when he was killed.Recalling the Monday incident, she said, “My husband had washed the toilet in the morning, when Baba (landlord) went to soil the place. My husband told him that it was not right for him to soil the toilet.“Baba became angry and slapped my husband before carrying a plank which he smashed on his head. He said my husband had no right to talk to him that way since he (landlord) was the owner of the house.“In the night, my husband had finished taking his bath and was cuddling our baby in the room when Baba knocked on our door. I told my husband not to answer the call, but he said there was no problem. He thought the man had come to reconcile with him.“That was how Baba poured fuel on his face and lighted him up. As my husband held him, Baba pushed him down the two-storey house. The whole passage was also on fire before it was put out.”Her mother, Sidikatu Lawal, said the only justice the family desired was care for Tope and her child.“They got married just one year ago and their baby is still very young. The only justice that can be done now is the care for both mother and child,” she said.The Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Patricia Amadin, had yet to respond to an enquiry on the update.
Re: The Landlord Who Set His Tenant Ablaze Dies. PUNCH by nusta(m): 5:59am On Aug 27, 2015
The law of Karma!
Re: The Landlord Who Set His Tenant Ablaze Dies. PUNCH by Nobody: 6:00am On Aug 27, 2015
Who cares if he is dead or not, Wicked man. *Spits on his grave*
Re: The Landlord Who Set His Tenant Ablaze Dies. PUNCH by Bugatie(m): 6:00am On Aug 27, 2015
Karma, one bad turn deserves another
Re: The Landlord Who Set His Tenant Ablaze Dies. PUNCH by 1miccza: 6:01am On Aug 27, 2015
I wonder how that stupid landlord would explain himself to God if he would ever get to heaven..
Re: The Landlord Who Set His Tenant Ablaze Dies. PUNCH by adioolayi(m): 6:01am On Aug 27, 2015
It doesn't bring back the dead tenant... so sad for the widow... May God safe us from evil beings

1 Like

Re: The Landlord Who Set His Tenant Ablaze Dies. PUNCH by Yustash001(m): 6:12am On Aug 27, 2015
Karma....
Re: The Landlord Who Set His Tenant Ablaze Dies. PUNCH by ezeonline2(m): 6:14am On Aug 27, 2015
RIP to the dead,may d lord console his family. embarassed
Re: The Landlord Who Set His Tenant Ablaze Dies. PUNCH by Nobody: 6:14am On Aug 27, 2015
How i wish all manner of wickedness is served so hot this way. He should have just poisoned himself and go to wherever he deserves instead of wasting a young man's life and took him along with him. Rest in Peace?! (hmmm, i won't speak ill of the dead!)
Re: The Landlord Who Set His Tenant Ablaze Dies. PUNCH by eleko1: 6:16am On Aug 27, 2015
sad good for him.Hope He carry him Toilet go Hell undecided ?.ttthe rest of the Tenant go her am From his family.
Re: The Landlord Who Set His Tenant Ablaze Dies. PUNCH by agarawu23(m): 6:17am On Aug 27, 2015
which karma are you talking about

the man is old already and his death is welcomed.

what about the young new wedded guy with a young kid?

all this stuppidd landlords with their house that doesn't worth 3m.

he will not rest in peace undecided
Re: The Landlord Who Set His Tenant Ablaze Dies. PUNCH by Gboliwe: 6:21am On Aug 27, 2015
All of you shouting "karma" have no idea what "karma" is. At this point in this tale, "karma" hasn't picked up the case file. Watch that "baba's" family, generational curse won't be far.

@Story, this sounds so unbelievable. The human mind in indeed desperately evil
Re: The Landlord Who Set His Tenant Ablaze Dies. PUNCH by MrZachs(m): 6:31am On Aug 27, 2015
Nonesenseeeesesses

(1) (Reply)

100% 2015 Waec Gce Physics Practical Expo Is Ready / Scores Feared Dead As Bomb Blast Rocks Buhari Housing Estate In Yobe State / UK Pensioner Karl Andree Faces 360 Lashes Over Saudi Wine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.